FreeThinker

[1.7.3/1.6.1/1.5.1/1.4.5/1.3.1] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.23.8 Support Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Ok, I can confirm the problem and will try to determine when the problem developed.

Notice there is no problem when you use a iHall or Computer Core instead of a stock core. so it should allow you at least to play

Edit: it appears to go have wrong between 1.22.1 and 1.22.2

Edit2: Alright, figured out what cause electric only did not the work, it was cause by the radiators return 0 temperature when they started, causing al kind of havoc downstream.

Hi there guys,

It seems I'm having the same issue. My reactors don't start when the ship is loaded. Not even by manually shutting down and restarting. Fuel consumption is 0, wast heat generation is 0 and Megajoule output is also 0 despite all radiators, generator and power transmitter on.

I've tested it with multiple configurations I can't make a simple molten salt reactor/generator/probe core/radiator setup start. 

I'm using KSP 1.7.3, KSPi 1.22.2.4 installed via Ckan in a new install.

Any clue?

Thank you!

Edited by Zalloon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Zalloon said:

Hi there guys,

It seems I'm having the same issue. My reactors don't start when the ship is loaded. Not even by manually shutting down and restarting. Fuel consumption is 0, wast heat generation is 0 and Megajoule output is also 0 despite all radiators, generator and power transmitter on.

I've tested it with multiple very configurations I can't make a simple molten salt reactor/generator/probe core/radiator setup start. 

I'm using KSP 1.7.3, KSPi 1.22.2.4 installed via Ckan in a new install.

Any clue?

Thank you!

I will soon release a new version with a fix. For now , add any part that produces wasteheat, like an RTG, nuclear engine, or add a iHall probecore or AI ComputerCore

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I will soon upload a version with a fix. Yes. for now , add any part that produces wasteheat, like an RTG, nuclear engine, oradd iHall probecore or AI ComputerCore

Thanks for the support, workaround and for keeping this awesome mod up @FreeThinker!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Simple/DUMB question on the KSPI-E Science Lab:

I remember there was some SCAN option that can scan for data, then later process it for science.  The data collected was similar to getting data from the computer core.   I would get lots of data quickly while in very low orbit.

When selecting the Scan option, the arms will come out and begin scanning for data. 

This feature now requires the IR telescope?  I'm missing something basic?  The science lab never had this and I'm very confused?

thanks!

[ Using KSP 1.7.3 with the newest KSPI-E. ]

 

EDIT:  The computer core did exactly as a remember.  But the science lab only sticks the arms out during the Reprocess Nuclear Fuel.  So maybe I'm just confused.

However, I found this that describes the lab collection of science based on the altitude .  So I'm not going completely crazy.

'Begin Research': https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Science-Lab

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

I'm having an issue with the latest version (1.22.5.4). KSP will hang indefinitely (I left it going for over 8 hours last night) while loading. The last log snippet when it hangs is as follows:

[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE OspreyPowerUpgrade with techRequired heavyAerodynamics
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality1 with techRequired specializedConstruction
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality2 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality3 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired fieldScience
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired advScienceTech
[EXC 02:10:16.818] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,PartUpgradeHandler+Upgrade].Add (System.String key, .Upgrade value)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_PartUpgradeByName ()
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.UpgradeAvailable (System.String id)
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.DetermineGenerationType ()
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

The only change from my last successful load of KSP was updating KSPIe. Going back down to 1.22.2.4 does not produce this error and KSP loads correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aerospacesmith said:

Hi there,

 

I'm having an issue with the latest version (1.22.5.4). KSP will hang indefinitely (I left it going for over 8 hours last night) while loading. The last log snippet when it hangs is as follows:


[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE OspreyPowerUpgrade with techRequired heavyAerodynamics
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality1 with techRequired specializedConstruction
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality2 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality3 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired fieldScience
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired advScienceTech
[EXC 02:10:16.818] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,PartUpgradeHandler+Upgrade].Add (System.String key, .Upgrade value)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_PartUpgradeByName ()
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.UpgradeAvailable (System.String id)
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.DetermineGenerationType ()
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

The only change from my last successful load of KSP was updating KSPIe. Going back down to 1.22.2.4 does not produce this error and KSP loads correctly.

Hi Aerospacesmith,

I upgraded my KSPi to version 1.22.5.4 this morning and had no problems loading. Have you tried it in a clean KSP install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aerospacesmith said:

Hi there,

 

I'm having an issue with the latest version (1.22.5.4). KSP will hang indefinitely (I left it going for over 8 hours last night) while loading. The last log snippet when it hangs is as follows:


[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE OspreyPowerUpgrade with techRequired heavyAerodynamics
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality1 with techRequired specializedConstruction
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality2 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality3 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired fieldScience
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired advScienceTech
[EXC 02:10:16.818] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,PartUpgradeHandler+Upgrade].Add (System.String key, .Upgrade value)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_PartUpgradeByName ()
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.UpgradeAvailable (System.String id)
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.DetermineGenerationType ()
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

The only change from my last successful load of KSP was updating KSPIe. Going back down to 1.22.2.4 does not produce this error and KSP loads correctly.

I'm having the exact same issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, enewmen said:

Simple/DUMB question on the KSPI-E Science Lab:

I remember there was some SCAN option that can scan for data, then later process it for science.  The data collected was similar to getting data from the computer core.   I would get lots of data quickly while in very low orbit.

When selecting the Scan option, the arms will come out and begin scanning for data. 

This feature now requires the IR telescope?  I'm missing something basic?  The science lab never had this and I'm very confused?

thanks!

[ Using KSP 1.7.3 with the newest KSPI-E. ]

 

EDIT:  The computer core did exactly as a remember.  But the science lab only sticks the arms out during the Reprocess Nuclear Fuel.  So maybe I'm just confused.

However, I found this that describes the lab collection of science based on the altitude .  So I'm not going completely crazy.

'Begin Research': https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Science-Lab

It got broken and I decided I didn't want it anymore as there is a stock version of doing research which is handled better. Alternatively, the Advance Mobile Science / Science Lab, allows you to reseach much larger amounts a data compaired to stock but science rate is similar of stock science bay

2 hours ago, LexxyT said:

I'm having the exact same issue

does it also crask KSP?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Aerospacesmith said:

Hi there,

 

I'm having an issue with the latest version (1.22.5.4). KSP will hang indefinitely (I left it going for over 8 hours last night) while loading. The last log snippet when it hangs is as follows:


[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE OspreyPowerUpgrade with techRequired heavyAerodynamics
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality1 with techRequired specializedConstruction
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality2 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE BuffaloQuality3 with techRequired advMetalWorks
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired fieldScience
[LOG 02:10:16.817] [KSPI]: PluginHelper indexed PARTUPGRADE wbiGuppy1 with techRequired advScienceTech
[EXC 02:10:16.818] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,PartUpgradeHandler+Upgrade].Add (System.String key, .Upgrade value)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_PartUpgradeByName ()
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.UpgradeAvailable (System.String id)
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.DetermineGenerationType ()
	FNPlugin.Wasteheat.FNRadiator.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

The only change from my last successful load of KSP was updating KSPIe. Going back down to 1.22.2.4 does not produce this error and KSP loads correctly.

it appears that the techupgrade wbiGuppy1 is registred twise, perhaps @Angel-125 knows which is the correct one. I suggest you look for this techupgrade in your gamedata folder and delete one of them

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

it appears that the techupgrade wbiGuppy1 is registred twise, perhaps @Angel-125 knows which is the correct one. I suggest you look for this techupgrade in your gamedata folder and delete one of them

Someone had the same issue and posted it to Angel-125's Buffalo mod. Seems to be a typo where the second should be called wbiGuppy2. Hopefully Angel fixes that soon. In the meantime, I changed it manually myself and am now enjoying KSPI 1.22.5.4. Thanks :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

It got broken and I decided I didn't want it anymore as there is a stock version of doing research which is handled better. Alternatively, the Advance Mobile Science / Science Lab, allows you to reseach much larger amounts a data compaired to stock but science rate is similar of stock science bay

does it also crask KSP?

Thanks for the post.

Any alternatives/suggestions for processing anti-matter or nuclear fuel?  I found this useful before.  EDIT: The Advanced Mobile Processing Lab seems to already do this.

I also totally appreciate you keeping KSPI-E active; this KSPI-E most useful mod adds a lot of dimension to an already huge and high-quality game!  It even got my kids interested in physics.

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this interesting.

I upgraded the KSPI-E science lab to the Advanced Mobile Processing Lab (not sure if KSPI-E made the advanced mobile lab).  Now I have space for over 6324 data and 6324 science.  But with all 5-star scientists and full 6000+ data,  I'm getting only 17 sci/day.    I also noticed the old KSPI-E science lab can also store over 6000  data and science.

Not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or I'm doing something wrong.

thanks!

lab.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, enewmen said:

I found this interesting.

I upgraded the KSPI-E science lab to the Advanced Mobile Processing Lab (not sure if KSPI-E made the advanced mobile lab).  Now I have space for over 6324 data and 6324 science.  But with all 5-star scientists and full 6000+ data,  I'm getting only 17 sci/day.    I also noticed the old KSPI-E science lab can also store over 6000  data and science.

Not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or I'm doing something wrong.

thanks!

lab.png

YES, The increased data and storage are intentional, the amount increases after more science tech is unlocked. The Science Rate is supposed to be similar  to  a Full Stock Science Bay (after 750 data). You currently have 18205 data stored.  How Much were you expecting?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

YES, The increased data and storage are intentional. The Science Rate is supposed to be similar  to  a Full Stock Science Bay (after 750). You currently have 101 data stored.  How Much were you expecting?

I have 6305 data stored - 100 science stored.  I thought with much more (than 1500) data I will get much higher than 50 sci/day.    Anyway, thanks for explaining the high data and science storage is intentional.

EDIT:  The 6350 of data is from the Mun & Minmus (after getting milked from a different mobile science lab).   Let me get some fresh data from another planet, then I'll know if the quality of the data matters.

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, enewmen said:

I have 6305 data stored - 100 science stored.  I thought with much more (than 1500) data I will get much higher than 50 sci/day.    Anyway, thanks for explaining the high data and science storage is intentional.

EDIT:  The 6350 of data is from the Mun & Minmus (after getting milked from a different mobile science lab).   Let me get some fresh data from another planet, then I'll know if the quality of the data matters.

Only when a science report is converted into data, would location matter. According tohttps://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mobile_Processing_Lab_MPL-LG-2  you should  receive at best 9.113  sci/day per 5 star scientist, which would be 18.226 for 2 * 5 star scientists. It appears 17.1919 sci/day is a little bit too little. I need to check what might have gotten wrong.

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Only when a science report is converted into data, would location matter. According tohttps://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mobile_Processing_Lab_MPL-LG-2  you should  receive at best 9.113  sci/day per 5 star scientist, which would be 18.226 for 2 * 5 star scientists. It appears 17.1919 sci/day is a little bit too much. I need to check what might have gotten wrong.

Ok.  Just to be very clear.  The MAX possible sci/day AT BEST is 9.113  per 5* scientist with a MAX of 750 data can be used - no matter how much data I have stored 750 or 750000 in the lab.    The max usable data limit of 750 is where I got confused,  more than 750 data in the lab won't improve the sci/day.

In that case, with 6000+ data in the lab, I'm getting close to the sci/day I should be getting.  Very good to know, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, enewmen said:

 more than 750 data in the lab won't improve the sci/day.

Yes, that what is intended. I wanted to increase storage buffer sizes to facilitate late game reseach development where science reports could become to large too fit in the buffer. The problem is that just increasing the buffer size would create an inbalance as it would also increase the amount of research generated per day. What I do now is manipulate the dataprocessingMultiplier to achieve that you get a constant rate after 750 data. Hopefully this will reduce the stress to maximize science output.

Notice that have some ideas to add aditional factor allowing you to generate more science, here are some ideas:

  • Kerbal Stupidity personality  (balanced around  50 stupidity)
  • Allow up 6 kerbals to work in the science bay( while maintaining crew to 2 by allowing them to work in 3 shift of of 8 hour)
  • Amount of Habitat space or crew spaces, (allowing them to rest better)
  • Access to the KerbNet to (lookup research papers)
  • Availability of gravity, (either natrualy or artificialy when rotating)
Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is just me not knowing the mod well enough, but my NERVAs aren't producing any thrust at all. I've got em all set to using liquidfuel, more than enough radiators, and they even make sounds and visual effects when turned on. I'm using the latest KSPIE version on Linux, 1.7.3

nZG9Xnm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hex3 said:

I don't know if this is just me not knowing the mod well enough, but my NERVAs aren't producing any thrust at all. I've got em all set to using liquidfuel, more than enough radiators, and they even make sounds and visual effects when turned on. I'm using the latest KSPIE version on Linux, 1.7.3

nZG9Xnm.jpg

I see Fuel Flow = 0.0U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, enewmen said:

I see Fuel Flow = 0.0U

Which is odd because all of the parts between my fuel tanks and engines allow crossfeed. Unless the stack tricoupler is somehow in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Hex3 said:

Which is odd because all of the parts between my fuel tanks and engines allow crossfeed. Unless the stack tricoupler is somehow in the way.

Weird, it appears you have to same problem as the electric power problem. A possible solution  for that problem to add a rtg on iHall or Computer core to your rocket. Did you active the engines in space? I will see if I can reproduce it. Does the Log show any exceptions? Exactly what version are you using? Btw,  I see the Nerva engines look different than stock, what mods improves their look?

 

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Weird, it appears you have to same problem as the electric power problem. A possible solution  for that problem to add a rtg on iHall or Computer core to your rocket. Did you active the engines in space? I will see if I can reproduce it. Does the Log show any exceptions? Exactly what version are you using? Btw,  I see the Nerva engines look different than stock, what mods improves their look?

 

I had the engines and generators deactivated until orbit iirc. I'm using version KSPI 1.22.5 and ReStock, which is probably why the engines look different. also I'm not sure how to search through the log file so should I just upload it here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hex3 said:

I had the engines and generators deactivated until orbit iirc. I'm using version KSPI 1.22.5 and ReStock, which is probably why the engines look different. also I'm not sure how to search through the log file so should I just upload it here?

Just look at the last entries, but I think the fact that you had your generator and engine disabled until space, prety much explained it. I suggest disable that option for now or wait for a fix, which I intend to upload a fix this evening

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, FreeThinker said:

Notice that have some ideas to add aditional factor allowing you to generate more science, here are some ideas:

  • Kerbal Stupidity personality  (balanced around  50 stupidity)
  • Allow up 6 kerbals to work in the science bay( while maintaining crew to 2 by allowing them to work in 3 shift of of 8 hour)
  • Amount of Habitat space or crew spaces, (allowing them to rest better)
  • Access to the KerbNet to (lookup reseatch papers)
  • Availability of gravity, (either natrualy or artificialy when rotating)

I think you mean 3 shifts of 2 hours -in a Kerbin day. I like these ideas of combining a much larger science lab with habitation and I see a need for it.  Maybe 9 kerbals in 3 shifts!  For example, when getting local data from the Mun or Minmus, just the stock science lab works well.  On a mission to Duna, larger data and science capacity is needed.  But the trip to Duna is also a few years, so there's lots of time & data to keep the scientists busy.  Visiting Jool's moons or other solar systems may only take a few Kerbin days time using Warp Drive, but will bring back huge amounts of data.  This is when the much larger science lab is needed to process huge amounts of data quickly.

My 2 cents worth.

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.