KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, Omeran said:

I finally started using the Alcubierre drive for "useful" things. I went to Dres, picked up a homesick Kerbal, when I charged the drive, targeted Kerbin and hit Engage, em, I mean "Activate Warp Drive" it started moving to Dres instead. I un-targeted Kerbin and targeted it again, and this time it went in the right direction.

Any idea what's going on?

most likely you confused the alcubire front and back

On 4/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, ninjakirby said:

Hey @FreeThinker, I'm trying to make a LH2-based craft that can drill for hydrates, process them, electrolyze into H2, then cool it to refuel. I've got a universal drill and an all-in-one-ISRU refinery, and I'm testing my setup on the ground at kerbin (starting with full tanks of hydrates for the test).

I can successfully process hydrates into Water (not LqdWater), but my cryo tank (IFS CDT2002, but same issue with other tanks) that's set up to store LqdWater doesn't show me the slider to "pump" the 100 units in the refinery's storage into the other tank. As a result, the refinery won't let me do the electrolysis because it says "missing LqdWater". I've seen messages of a similar issue before, but I couldn't find an answer.

My LH2 tanks (IFS CDT2505) show the slider to convert between LH2<->H2, and I can freely move that fuel between the LH2 tanks and the refinery hydrogen storage when it's configured as such. I can also successfully electrolyze when my LqdWater tanks aren't empty.

Is there an issue that's incorrectly hiding the slider to pump between tanks? Or am I missing some intermediate step?

Thanks

Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working or what i'm doing wrong?

21 hours ago, ninjakirby said:

Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working or what i'm doing wrong?

Add at least one water tank, which will enable the ability to convert water to lqdwater and the other way round

if that not possible copy past the water to lqdWater conversion partmodule into a part comfig you are currently using in a mission

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi! First of all, thanks for your amazing mod!

But, i've a problem with my relay network...
I've 4 relay in orbit, with relay activated, with a good antenna for relay and compatible with long infrared, and a transmitter on the runway wich transmit long infrared.
The problem is, when the power is passing throug the relay network, my engines are requesting only the tenth of the avaible power, and all the engines, thermal or electric, are doing this... Facing is not the problem, my relay network seems to work correctly, so where is the problem?

I've all the near future collection installed, maybe there is a problem of compatibility?

Edit: I've put battery on my receiver, it was the problem, sorry

Edited by MrMar-1

Is there a documentation somewhere for how the Alcubierre drive works in the game?
I got this problem - I'm using a Muon Catalised fusion reactor that can sustain 1.6GW, but starts at about 2.1GW.

The information the drive gives me is:
Total warp power: 400t
Warp to mass ratio: 10.3794
Max allowed throtle: 0.0025c (there's a typo there, should be "throttle")
Current selected speed: 0.0130c
Abs min power warp: 185.6453MW
Current power for warp: 1628.2166MW
Power at max speed: 3712.9050MW
Is there explanation to what all these numbers mean?

When I increase the selected speed, say, to 0.02c the only thing that changes is that the "Current power for warp" decreases to 1312.7012MW.
I noticed that if raise the speed up to 1c, the "current power for warp" equals to the "abs min power warp".

Anyway, even when the "current power for warp" is well below my reactor's capacity, I get a message "critical power supply at [X], deactivating warp drive".

On 4/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, Omeran said:

Is there a documentation somewhere for how the Alcubierre drive works in the game?
I got this problem - I'm using a Muon Catalised fusion reactor that can sustain 1.6GW, but starts at about 2.1GW.

The information the drive gives me is:
Total warp power: 400t
Warp to mass ratio: 10.3794
Max allowed throtle: 0.0025c (there's a typo there, should be "throttle")
Current selected speed: 0.0130c
Abs min power warp: 185.6453MW
Current power for warp: 1628.2166MW
Power at max speed: 3712.9050MW
Is there explanation to what all these numbers mean?

When I increase the selected speed, say, to 0.02c the only thing that changes is that the "Current power for warp" decreases to 1312.7012MW.
I noticed that if raise the speed up to 1c, the "current power for warp" equals to the "abs min power warp".

Anyway, even when the "current power for warp" is well below my reactor's capacity, I get a message "critical power supply at [X], deactivating warp drive".

here is the Warpdrive in a nutshel: When travel at FTW, the optimal speed is light speed, going faster or slower requires more energy. The amount of energy requires depends on your mass to warp power ratio. Besides there is a speed limit at which warp field can be sustained, it depends on the proximity of gravity wells and celestrial bodies. The Alcubiere drive will attemp to prevent flying into celestrial bodies, forcing you to drop out of warp if you head straight into a planet or mun. When dropping out of warp you will also automaticly circularize, so you don't have to do akward manouvers.

Edited by FreeThinker

When using the Inline Solar Thermal Receiver Dish I notice it wants to default back to Beamed Power after a focus change even if Solar Only has been previously selected.

Any way I can lock this down, or even edit out the Beamed Power option entirely?

19 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

For the mod to work which folders do I have to have?  I just want the advanced engines and reactor 

stuff

you could remove the folders BeamedPower, Command, Control, Science, Stuctural and Utility from WarpPlugin\Parts

Hello,

I'm having a problem with electric charge drain when using KSP Interstellar Extended. Specifically, when I extend a "Gigantor XL Solar Array" using "Activate Receiver", it works as expected, but when I then retract the solar array using "Retract Solar Panel" or "Disable Receiver", then the electric charge is drained a very quick rate.

I was able to reproduce the problem on a fresh install of KSP 1.9.1.2788, using CKAN v1.27.0 to install KSP Interstellar Extended and only its dependencies. CKAN shows me as having the following mods installed:

• KSP Interstellar Extended v1.25.13.5
  • Intersellar Fuel Switch Core v3.14.2.5
  • Module Manager 4.1.3
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything! v2.4.3.11

I created a new sandbox save file and built a craft consisting of only three parts: MK1 Command Pod (piloted by a Kerbal), Z-1k Rechargeable Battery Bank, and Gigantor XL Solar Array. On the launchpad, before extending the solar array, the craft appears to consume no electric charge and the battery remains full. After extended the solar array and then retracting it, the craft begins consuming 4.67 electric charge until the battery is drained.

I believe my issue may be related to a post in January by @Siama. However, I wasn't able to find a solution.

Does anyone know if there is a fix or work-around for this electric charge drain problem?

Thanks!

I just got this mod, dadalus drive is the best, also tiny nerva is amazing for small probes, finally we have an efficient alternative to ion drives(Infuriatingly slow)

my mod in the works is going to be pretty big in terms of distances, so get the fusion drives ready

the furthest star away is planned to be 5 LY from kerbol and 10 LY from the center of the planet pack, note that this is still in planning and so more systems will be made, the planets listed are going to be in the first version, the final plan is to have 10 decent sized systems, including a forming system, a red giant star, and a pulsar on it's own with 3 kerbin-mun sized planets orbiting it, these planets may have moons, post what you want in it on that thread

7 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

the furthest star away is planned to be 5 LY from kerbol and 10 LY from the center of the planet pack, note that this is still in planning and so more systems will be made, the planets listed are going to be in the first version, the final plan is to have 10 decent sized systems, including a forming system, a red giant star, and a pulsar on it's own with 3 kerbin-mun sized planets orbiting it, these planets may have moons, post what you want in it on that thread

5 LY is quite big distance and for many that might be too far. So if If I may make a suggestion, it would be cool if you could make it configurable using a Module Manager and a single config file.

how about a reduction to 1LY from kerbol, the entire mod will be 3 LY across, extra stars will be further away though

also light years are 10x smaller than in real life, so 10 inmod light years equals 1 LY irl

this means that at 5 inmod LY away it is .5 real LY away

13 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

how about a reduction to 1LY from kerbol, the entire mod will be 3 LY across, extra stars will be further away though

also light years are 10x smaller than in real life, so 10 inmod light years equals 1 LY irl

this means that at 5 inmod LY away it is .5 real LY away

Sounds reasonable considering everything in stock KSP is 1/10 the size.

the whole mod is going to be 50 LY across ingame, irl it will only be 5 LY across so that seems resonable to me, Nova Kiribani is too far away, it took me an hour to reach at 1% lightspeed with MAX timewarp, the stars are on(slow)orbits, so you can just wait for them to be closer, but you will have to wait a long time e.g like 100 ingame years, so the furthest system will only be 20 ingame LY away

13 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

the whole mod is going to be 50 LY across ingame, irl it will only be 5 LY across so that seems resonable to me, Nova Kiribani is too far away, it took me an hour to reach at 1% lightspeed with MAX timewarp, the stars are on(slow)orbits, so you can just wait for them to be closer, but you will have to wait a long time e.g like 100 ingame years, so the furthest system will only be 20 ingame LY away

Yes, space is realy big. Next step try to redevous with a planet in a different system. Its much harder than you think it is. Technically its very similar to a suicide burn where you landing target is spinning around a star

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:32 PM, Cayn said:

Hello,

I'm having a problem with electric charge drain when using KSP Interstellar Extended. Specifically, when I extend a "Gigantor XL Solar Array" using "Activate Receiver", it works as expected, but when I then retract the solar array using "Retract Solar Panel" or "Disable Receiver", then the electric charge is drained a very quick rate.

I was able to reproduce the problem on a fresh install of KSP 1.9.1.2788, using CKAN v1.27.0 to install KSP Interstellar Extended and only its dependencies. CKAN shows me as having the following mods installed:

• KSP Interstellar Extended v1.25.13.5
  • Intersellar Fuel Switch Core v3.14.2.5
  • Module Manager 4.1.3
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything! v2.4.3.11

I created a new sandbox save file and built a craft consisting of only three parts: MK1 Command Pod (piloted by a Kerbal), Z-1k Rechargeable Battery Bank, and Gigantor XL Solar Array. On the launchpad, before extending the solar array, the craft appears to consume no electric charge and the battery remains full. After extended the solar array and then retracting it, the craft begins consuming 4.67 electric charge until the battery is drained.

I believe my issue may be related to a post in January by @Siama. However, I wasn't able to find a solution.

Does anyone know if there is a fix or work-around for this electric charge drain problem?

Thanks!

I'm also having this problem, not using CKAN though. It only seems to happen on the stock and KSPIE retractable solar panels and the SP-G Shrouded Solar Array from the Mk2 Expansion mod; all other solar panels work fine. I didn't edit the non-retractable panels to be retractable so I didn't test every solar panel, but I did test every retractable panel from stock, near future solar, KSPIE and the single panel from Mk2 Expansion. I tested with my normal 100+ mod list and with just KSPIE + Near Future Solar.

It seems that when you close the panels it subtracts the energy that the solar panel would make in stock KSP. So the panel is making 1.61 EC/s (0.00161 MW) when open, but when it's closed you lose the energy it would make with the stock system (1.37 EC/s). If the panel was not making energy due to being blocked by something you don't lose the energy. You can reopen the solar panel, it will stop using energy and produce the correct amount of power. So I'm guessing the problem is it's supposed to stop subtracting the stock power when closed but doesn't.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, Usgiyi said:

I'm also having this problem, not using CKAN though. It only seems to happen on the stock and KSPIE retractable solar panels and the SP-G Shrouded Solar Array from the Mk2 Expansion mod; all other solar panels work fine. I didn't edit the non-retractable panels to be retractable so I didn't test every solar panel, but I did test every retractable panel from stock, near future solar, KSPIE and the single panel from Mk2 Expansion. I tested with my normal 100+ mod list and with just KSPIE + Near Future Solar.

It seems that when you close the panels it subtracts the energy that the solar panel would make in stock KSP. So the panel is making 1.61 EC/s (0.00161 MW) when open, but when it's closed you lose the energy it would make with the stock system (1.37 EC/s). If the panel was not making energy due to being blocked by something you don't lose the energy. You can reopen the solar panel, it will stop using energy and produce the correct amount of power. So I'm guessing the problem is it's supposed to stop subtracting the stock power when closed but doesn't.

Also can confirm, that this happening too.

What's more is that power megajoules management display indicates that 2.5 MW is being "requested" from an unknown source. I placed a PB-NUK to generate power to see if this would offset the bug, it did not. What I find interesting is that 2.5MW is 1000 times the maximum yield that a single gigantor solar panel can provide in MW, so there is something definitely messing up the conversion/power management files. I looked over the plugin-in files to see what could be wrong, but I did not find anything.

EDIT: Okay, if you retract the panels during darkness or being obstructed you will not experience the bug. Time-warp divides the power demanded by the time-warp factor.

So 5x is 500 Kw

10x 250kw

and so on so forth.

EDIT 2:

You can delete the Solar Panels.cfg file in the Patches section under WarpPlugin however this removes their KSPIE integration entirely.

Edited by TheRag