KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FloatingMongoose said:

u0irv8f.jpg

Interestingly, this windows does indicate there is a connection through a relay,  but the transmitter is missing resulting in no power transmitted

by the way, always show context window, it tells me more what is going on.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

@FloatingMongoose@falcoon alright, Something appears to be broken in the relay mechanism, which used to work. I will investigate this

I'm having the exact same problem, using the same relay setup and antennas as falcoon does. KSPI version 1.20.13.1.

I'm happy to post more details if that helps. Thanks for your support and that amazing mod!!!

On 12/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, Brimarx said:

I'm having the exact same problem, using the same relay setup and antennas as falcoon does. KSPI version 1.20.13.1.

I'm happy to post more details if that helps. Thanks for your support and that amazing mod!!!

The only thing that would work at this point is figuring out when relaying stopped working, that way I can figure out how the bug was introduced.

4 hours ago, Brimarx said:

No idea of an old version that is known to work? Because I never saw that stuff working and I'm afraid I could fail to positively test a working version...

Disregard that post.

I got it to work with KSPI 1.19.4 :) Now it's time for some testing!

KSPI 1.20.5 has beam relays working ok for me:

screenshot32.png

KSPI 1.20.7 does not anymore:

screenshot34.png

I could not find KSPI 1.20.6. It's neither on CKAN nor Spacedock. And reading it's changelog, 1.20.6 changed some beam power mechanism while 1.20.7 did not. I could not check on GitHub as I can't find a branch or tag for the release.

Tested on KSP 1.4.5 with the exact same saved game and the following mods installed:

• Community Resource Pack 0.10.0.0
  • Community Tech Tree 3.3.2
  • Heat Control 0.4.6
  • HyperEdit 1.5.8.0
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch 3.6.15.1
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch Core 3.6.15.1
  • Module Manager 3.1.2
  • Patch Manager 0.0.16
  • TweakScale 2.4.0.6

Let me know if you need more information (craft file, save file, logs...).

Edited by Brimarx

Version 1.20.16 is now available for KSP 1.3.1, KSP 1.4.5, KSP 1.5.1 and KSP 1.6.0

Released on 2018-12-22

• Added ISRU Fabricator with option to create Nuclear Salt Water
  • Added improved power buffer for Arcjet RCS
  • Added Omni Arcjet RCS
  • Added Arcjet RCS Tank SM-500
  • Added improved cleaned up RCS context menu
  • Balance: reduced upgrade tech requirements Open/Closed Gas Core Engines
  • Balance: reduced max thrust Cross Arcjet RCS
  • Fixed prediction remaining fuel for NSWR in Reactor Details Screen
  • Fixed NSWR thrust and isp when supplied with insufficient fuel
  • Fixed storage amount in RCS Tank
  • Fixed exhaust effects on VISTA engine and Arcjet RCS

8 hours ago, Frostiken said:

I'm still on 1.5.1 - is there a way to disable the 'P' key thermal helper hotkey and make it a menu button or something? This stupid screen popping up every time I type in the craft name or description is seriously annoying.

Open WarpPluginSettings.cfg in WarpPlugin Folder and change ThermalUiKey to another key

@FreeThinker a question I've had for a while about the ATILLA arcjet engines... they have actuation toggles for yaw/pitch/roll - are these, or *were these*, ever intended as very-powerful maneuvering/RCS engines?  They don't seem to work in that capacity now, but I'm wondering why those toggles are there since they do not...?

Over the last few days I've been trying to play around with atmosphere mining and its just been bug after bug after kraken.

I mostly seem to have issues around power, I had one reactor just stop working causing a dead ship due to a complete lack of power, and my second a third attempts died due to NaM issues in both electric charge and megajoules.

Something is seriously borked, leading candidate so far: The atmospheric scoop, followed possibly by the pebble bed reactor (which has powered all my failures).

However, the good news, @FreeThinker, ships are NOT tearing themselves apart in FTL now... built a starship, docked a spaceplane to it, pointed it at Jool, ran it out there at 10c across multiple SOI changes, nothing weird/dumb/unexpected happened.  Seems like you've got it tuned just right now :)

Anyone else having issues with KSPI tech tree in 1.6?

Its showing stock nodes but some of the parts like the Candle and surface drill are there. Other parts are showing the wrong mesh in the node (the mainsail is showing as the Swivel in tech tree only)

Could the fact that Tweak scale isn't updated for 1.6 be causing this?

18 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

Over the last few days I've been trying to play around with atmosphere mining and its just been bug after bug after kraken.

I mostly seem to have issues around power, I had one reactor just stop working causing a dead ship due to a complete lack of power, and my second a third attempts died due to NaM issues in both electric charge and megajoules.

Something is seriously borked, leading candidate so far: The atmospheric scoop, followed possibly by the pebble bed reactor (which has powered all my failures).

Doing in flight atm extraction here, with inline ISRU refrigerator and peeble bed. This is working mostly fine. From time to time the extractor is stuck extracting veeeeeery slowly and needs a vessel reload to get back to normal rates. This is a very powerful combination for SSTOs btw.

Hi,  im having an issue after returning to the game after a few months, and i cant seem to get the thermal turbojet or rocket nozzle to work. I've used this mod in the past and i've had it all working so. I've had a search for any issues with these engines but i couldn't find anything relevant. Are there any known errors at the moment with these? Im running 1.6 now, and i've downloaded the version for 1.6. Its all connected to a reactor and its powered, but there is just no thrust from them.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Brimarx said:

Doing in flight atm extraction here, with inline ISRU refrigerator and peeble bed. This is working mostly fine. From time to time the extractor is stuck extracting veeeeeery slowly and needs a vessel reload to get back to normal rates. This is a very powerful combination for SSTOs btw.

Thanks for the tip, I did some brief testing with the inline refrigerator and its does appear to work (thus far) bug free. . . . . hmmmm perhaps the issue is just with the scoop.

Having previously given up on atmo. mining I was investigating the terrestrial kind (specifically hydrates processing) and then began encountering issues with ISRU core temps. No matter ho many radiators I add, or what I attached them to the core temp of both the large and small inline ISRU converter always levels out at about 1200K/1000K leading to 60% efficiency. Thats on the launch pad, its less in space without convection. . . . but that's the only effect of rads I've discovered.

I had similar issues before with the stock convert-o-trons but those turned out to be a result of tweakscaling them, the ISRUs I haven't scaled away from their defaults and yet I can't get those core temps down.