KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

21 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

I am playing Galileo's Planet Pack @ 10.625x rescale with RO/RP1 on 1.3.1, and the game freezes as soon as it starts loading the parts from this mod. Any idea why? A twitch buddy also plays on GPP but no RO/Rp1 or rescale, and the parts show up for him and load just fine. I would think any issues I'd run in to are just the parts needing to be changed to the tech tree nodes in RP-1, which I could (tediously, lol) do manually by editing each part config, but the game won't even load the parts at all. It does NOT crash when loading the parts, but just stops indefinitely at that step during the loading screen.

Here is a imgur link to my gamedata folder without the WarpPlugin folder in /GameData/ like it was when this happened (needed my stable install back):

https://i.imgur.com/ahti5bC.png

Yeah, I got the same problem. It's got to be a mod conflict, as it works fine on it's own. I'll try "debugging" it tomorrow.

EDIT: Well... I didn't even need to try that hard. It happens whenever you load any mod along with it. The older 1.3.1 version (1.17.4 - 10.3.2018) works just fine. 

I am guessing the backport version for 1.3.1 is made with the new 3.0.7 MM and not 3.0.4, which is the one 1.3.1 uses. I don't know otherwise.

Edited by LucasHazelwood

2 hours ago, LucasHazelwood said:

Yeah, I got the same problem. It's got to be a mod conflict, as it works fine on it's own. I'll try "debugging" it tomorrow.

EDIT: Well... I didn't even need to try that hard. It happens whenever you load any mod along with it. The older 1.3.1 version (1.17.4 - 10.3.2018) works just fine. 

I am guessing the backport version for 1.3.1 is made with the new 3.0.7 MM and not 3.0.4, which is the one 1.3.1 uses. I don't know otherwise.

Actually, for me, a CKAN install made it work perfectly. Installing manually as per the instructions on the thread did not work at all. Now to just config edit and place each part one by one in the RP-1 tech tree..... lol

10 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

Actually, for me, a CKAN install made it work perfectly. Installing manually as per the instructions on the thread did not work at all. Now to just config edit and place each part one by one in the RP-1 tech tree..... lol

Yeah, but CKAN installs the old 1.3.1 version, not the new, backported, one.

I posted this to github (here) but I suppose I should put it in the support thread as well incase someone else searches for this.

KSPIE 1.19.4 and KSP 1.4.5.
Mods installed - KSPIE (and packaged mods), karbonite/karbonite+, hyperedit.

A ship with an ACTIVATED Closed Cycle Gas Engine will be deleted from the game when you scene change to it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a ship with probe core, LH2 tank, batteries, radiators, and a Closed Cycle Gas Engine.
  2. Launch it or hyper edit it into orbit
  3. activate the engine
  4. Switch to the space center
  5. Switch back to the ship
  6. Observe the ship load momentarily and then vanish before/when physics kick in. The height indicator changes to 00000 and the speed indicator changes to NAN. See this imagehttps://i.imgur.com/ybn4bDA.png

Activating the engine is a must. If the engine is not activated, the ship will load like normal. Also, activating and then deactivating the engine will still cause the ship to vanish. I also tried using methane instead of LH2 and tried switching fuels after activating. Activating the engine appears to be the crucial step.

Also, it will not happen when the rocket is still on the launch pad.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:02 AM, FreeThinker said:

Perhaps the weird effect you are experiencing is caused by the applied orbital voodoo when altering direction durring hyperspace travel. I think I can partially solve it by making it possible to lock the hyperdrive 4th dimention heading. But doesn't altering speed in hyperspace have the same effect?

no.. i can change speed without incident.  it's only steering that causes this.  it's most likely to happen when crossing an SOI boundary, although that isn't a requirement.

If gravity drag only works when start/end of warp are in different SOIs, then I have a big problem :)  since I can't steer under warp, I have to stop, recharge, and re-jump a few times to get there, and that resets my starting SOI every time... I suppose it's not insurmountable though.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, FreeThinker said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that beam core antimatter is simply too powerful for direct thermal propulsion which is now in the TeraWatt range mend for propelling interstellar starships to the stars. They would simply evaporate the connected engine with hard x-rays. Instead use the thermal positron antimatter reactor, which can be injected directly into fuel stream to produce soft x-rays which produce comparative performance you are used to in the original antimatter reactor

Okay thanks for that I updated the design on Saturday using the positron Reactor, I thought because of using the same size reactors that it would be a nerf due to the increase in mass, I was thrilled to discover just how much more power these reactors are now and I am happy to report everything now only works but after reworking the plane it is literally better in every regard.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:55 PM, Uberns said:

I posted this to github (here) but I suppose I should put it in the support thread as well incase someone else searches for this.

KSPIE 1.19.4 and KSP 1.4.5.
Mods installed - KSPIE (and packaged mods), karbonite/karbonite+, hyperedit.

A ship with an ACTIVATED Closed Cycle Gas Engine will be deleted from the game when you scene change to it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a ship with probe core, LH2 tank, batteries, radiators, and a Closed Cycle Gas Engine.
  2. Launch it or hyper edit it into orbit
  3. activate the engine
  4. Switch to the space center
  5. Switch back to the ship
  6. Observe the ship load momentarily and then vanish before/when physics kick in. The height indicator changes to 00000 and the speed indicator changes to NAN. See this imagehttps://i.imgur.com/ybn4bDA.png

Activating the engine is a must. If the engine is not activated, the ship will load like normal. Also, activating and then deactivating the engine will still cause the ship to vanish. I also tried using methane instead of LH2 and tried switching fuels after activating. Activating the engine appears to be the crucial step.

Also, it will not happen when the rocket is still on the launch pad.

... I posted the logs for this issue on Aug 7th, 2 pages back, ... ;D    

In addition, this happened with a Vista engine as well      ( once, I didn't repeat this test w/o Hyperedit, so not sure if it was a Hyperedit or Kopernicus issue  )
PS: Changing the root part of the ship does not help        ( just a guess from my side )

Thankies, best regards!

11 hours ago, Energywelder said:

I'm having a crash while loading the game that i just can't escape no matter how much i reinstall the mod. Here is pic: https://imgur.com/a/Zs8R2Dc

For reference, i tried different versions of the game, same error(s), I tried puzzling out the actual psuedo-code in the cfg files, I tried different versions of the mod, i tried deleting the problem parts (new parts then start complaining, ones that loaded perfectly before), completely deleting the mod and reinstalling. Nada.
Other errors encountered include claims by the game that Heat Control, Filter Extensions, and Docking Port Indicator are out of date, if that's important. If you want the error files, I'd be willing to post them, just looks like a bunch of hexi and hardware details to me.

1 hour ago, Energywelder said:

For reference, i tried different versions of the game, same error(s), I tried puzzling out the actual psuedo-code in the cfg files, I tried different versions of the mod, i tried deleting the problem parts (new parts then start complaining, ones that loaded perfectly before), completely deleting the mod and reinstalling. Nada.
Other errors encountered include claims by the game that Heat Control, Filter Extensions, and Docking Port Indicator are out of date, if that's important. If you want the error files, I'd be willing to post them, just looks like a bunch of hexi and hardware details to me.

Found a newer version of Filterextensions, updated that, errors have not changed.

When i am trying to run transmitter from stellator or tokomak, reactor begin to jump from 100% to 0% and back 10 times per second. Think that transmitter drain all mj  and nothing left to sustain reactor. Tried to run vanilla only with kspi, same think happen.  Anyone know whats the issue?

Version 1.19.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

Released on 2018-08-30

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.5
  • Added additional Extreme tech nodes
  • Altered Stock NERVA engine with KSPIE behaviour
  • Updated packaged mods (IDS, KJR, Filter Extensions) to KSP 1.4 compatible versions
  • Renamed Solid Core Nuclear engine to LANTR
  • Balance: increased tech requirement LANTR to improved nuclear propulsion
  • Balance: Increased unlocking tech early nuclear engines and reactors
  • Fixed Crash After vessel with activated Gas Core is reloaded

On 8/28/2018 at 4:28 AM, Kwisatz said:

When i am trying to run transmitter from stellator or tokomak, reactor begin to jump from 100% to 0% and back 10 times per second. Think that transmitter drain all mj  and nothing left to sustain reactor. Tried to run vanilla only with kspi, same think happen.  Anyone know whats the issue?

My problem persists in all reactors with variable fusion maintenance. Reinstall ksp, didn't help.

Recorded it. Please help. My life depends on it.

Ksp 1.4.5, kspi-e 1.19.5

I dont know if this is a bug or not, but i recently went from v1.3.1 to 1.4.1 and noticed that one of my craft that utilized the positron reactor and MHD couldn't support a single 2.5m ATILLA thruster. if I fired the Atilla thruster, it would push out several thousand KN's but would dwindle to just a fraction of that. I took a look at the reactor control window and saw it wasn't even pushing out a single GW of power, whereas in 1.3.1 i could run multiple thrusters at once. I can't seem to find what changed.

Has something changed since the FAQ about upgrading parts?

On my Minmus base I have a magnetized target fusion reactor and a thermal electric generator. I took one of the upgrade nodes to both of them, but I don't see any "upgrade" button.

Am I missing something?

On 9/1/2018 at 12:12 AM, Kwisatz said:

My problem persists in all reactors with variable fusion maintenance. Reinstall ksp, didn't help.

Recorded it. Please help. My life depends on it.

Ksp 1.4.5, kspi-e 1.19.5

Excellent video, I investigated it and figured out what the problem was and fixed it. It will be fixed next release.

Notice that X-ray beams have a very hard time penetrating the atmosphere, its best to station it on the surface of an airless planet or mun

Edited by FreeThinker

Download Version 1.19.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 from here

Released on 2018-09-02

• Compiled against kSP 1.4.5
  • Added Radio science experiment to Phased Array (credits by Munseeker)
  • Added Improved Radial Vasimr (credits by SpaceMouse)
  • Balance: increased tech requirement Target Fusion Reactor
  • Balanced entry cost Fusion Reactors
  • Removed X-11 Radail Cryogenic Sphere Tank (moved to IFS)
  • Fixed MCF buffer stability issue
Edited by FreeThinker

Thanks for the free update! 

edit:PS: running link above on 1.4.5 AVC reports KSPIE is compiled for 1.3.1

There presists an IFS Cryo Tank issue when arranged pairwise. The tank config is not presistent for all tanks after launch...

Spoiler

bkiIr03.jpg

PS - even the textures change nicely/accordingly 

AwEqdkh.png

Vista still broken as described above ;) :P 

Spoiler

4EfYKY1.png

2B8Z57F.png

Ooopsie ...Anti-Hydrogen-storage-G-Force limit reached (RSS) ... guess the inner solar system is gone... XD 

Spoiler

cSgTZKU.png

best regards...

Spoiler

Ss1FuIN.png

Edited by comchris
added AVC issue