KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

21 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Judt to be clear, exactly how did you perform your test? Did you run only in real time, or did you activate Physics acceleration or use Time acceleration?

Usually in real time.

I think I used 'Physics acceleration' a couple of times, but had not observed any noticeable difference.

I tried 'Time acceleration' once or twice but couldn't really use it, because the engine did not support warp thrust. I think it was the nuclear ramjet engine.

5 hours ago, singlet said:

Usually in real time.

I think I used 'Physics acceleration' a couple of times, but had not observed any noticeable difference.

I tried 'Time acceleration' once or twice but couldn't really use it, because the engine did not support warp thrust. I think it was the nuclear ramjet engine.

Ok, I will now first see if I can reproduce the problem myself, If I can't, I have to conclude I cannot replicate it on my own pc. Either way, something has to be fixed. perhaps will make a little beta which contained some additional debug info which helps us to determine what the hell is going wrong.

Edit: Alright, I was able to reproduce at least on one computer, which is a good thing, now let's see if I can fix it.

Edit 2: Found the problem and it was easy to fix. I wonder if this was something introduced by  KSP 1.4

Edited by FreeThinker

A new version of KSPIE 1.19.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 can be download from here

Released on 2018-09-10

• Compiled against KSP 1.4.5
  • Added Radial Atmospheric Scoop (Credits zzz)
  • Added additional tweak-scale sizes
  • Balance: Reduced minimum isp Plasma Wakefield Accelerator Engine
  • Balance: increased tech requirement Antimatter Initiated Fusion Reactor
  • Fixed 50% reduction in effective isp in thermal, plasma and magnetic nozzle

Edited by FreeThinker

13 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright, what I intend to do to patch it is to add a switch which will lock the Warp Drive in a single direction, that way it will ignore any change in direction

I've found a temporary and trivial fix to my problem for the spazzing when using the warp drives:

In combination with Time Control, I can set an on-rails warp of x1 and throttle the alcubierre drive without having to worry about knocking off course, and when i want to stop, i'll just simply use that mod's slo-mo to slow down time to 1% so i can accurately drop out of warp.

The only downside of this is going into slow-mo with high part count ships is they sometimes spontaneously combust due to many millions of g's. go figure. 

23 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Some other players have reported a similar issue, but I could never reproduce. Could you provide the craft where it happens with?

I've had this happen repeatedly on stream. Also.. since .9 I have not been able to get my thermal ramjets to work. They do not recognize the fuel payloads on board and cannot seem to locate a thermal source on board the craft even when directly connect. You can see my last KSP stream near the end for example.

uFwsUUv.png

I even purged the warp plugin directory and reinstalled, still occurs. They appear to be refusing to recognize anything but LH2 as an input.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Last like 30 something minutes was me trying to get a formerly working craft in .4 flying. The only engine failing was the thermal.It did not recognize the compressed air on board. It appeared to not be recognizing ISF fuel types, or even stock fuel types at all.

8 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Last like 30 something minutes was me trying to get a formerly working craft in .4 flying. The only engine failing was the thermal.It did not recognize the compressed air on board. It appeared to not be recognizing ISF fuel types, or even stock fuel types at all.

If you would have looked at the log the moment you saw something weird on the VAB, you could have seen the following message in the console event log:

[WRN 20:30:54.987] [KSPI] - ThermalNozzleController - BreadthFirstSearchForThermalSource-Failed to find thermal source

The reason was because the thermal receiver didn't implement the right interface, causing the thermal nozzle not being able to find the thermal beamed power receiver.

Edited by FreeThinker

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

If you would have looked at the log the moment you saw something weird on the VAB, you could have seen the following message in the console event log:

[WRN 20:30:54.987] [KSPI] - ThermalNozzleController - BreadthFirstSearchForThermalSource-Failed to find thermal source

The reason was because the thermal receiver didn't implement the right interface, causing the thermal nozzle not being able to find the thermal beamed power receiver.

Why would it not find the correct interface? They are directly connected and this craft worked pre-patch. I completely removed and refitted both the engine and the thermal receiver in an attempt to resolve the issue with no change. Beyond that, why won't the nozzle find the fuels now?

Beyond that, this is occurring with every craft in this configuration that has worked previously. I have poured through the patch notes trying to something which would cause this behavior and not found anything mentioned that seemed related. The Receiver and the Engine are at default sizes.

The fixed update with file unknown error messages are interface related? Is this something that will need patched?

No matter how I connect, disconnect, or reconnect these parts, the error you have mentioned has recurred rendering them unusable. How would I correct this?

Does anyone know what is happening with this? I'm pretty desperate to fix it so I can update.

Rolling back to last known functional good config, 1.19.4 for now.

Revert to 1.19.4 successful, function of parts restored.

@FreeThinker

I found a small bug with positron manufacture:

Producing positrons with the Free Electron Laser does not scale with time warp.

At x1 warp, according to my stock resources bar, i have -0.01 (gaining positrons), at 1000x warp i'm still only gaining that 0.01.

Notes:

-I have two Positron Reactors that are disabled on the ship (propulsion and warp purposes only)

-I have two tri-alpha reactors on board supplying the free electron laser with power

-I am manufacturing anti-hydrogen at the rate i am collecting antimatter (which means miniscule positron requirements, that DO scale with time warp)

3 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

The fixed update with file unknown error messages are interface related? Is this something that will need patched?

Its was side effect of fixing the 50% loss of power with Gas Core Reactor in KSPIE 1.19.9,  I have already fixed it on my machine but haven't released yet.

Edited by FreeThinker

3 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Does anyone know what is happening with this? I'm pretty desperate to fix it so I can update.

Alright since it is so urgent,  here is link to an update interstellar.dll , you need it to put in the Plugins folder in the WarpPlugin and allow it to overwrite the existing dll

I expect to upload a proper release later this day

Edited by FreeThinker

2 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

@FreeThinker

Hey how does the gravity drag mechanic work? I see it in the warp window, i'm not sure what it does

basically it decreases your speed when you exit warp depending on the proximity and strength of gravity well. IA skilled player can technically use this to travel between planets without excessive amount of deltaV after a jump

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

basically it decreases your speed when you exit warp depending on the proximity and strength of gravity well. IA skilled player can technically use this to travel between planets without excessive amount of deltaV after a jump

Hmm... then that brings me to another bug that i'm not sure you can reproduce, but sometimes when i hop out of warp after having changed warp speed while on rails warp i exit travelling in excess of 100,000 m/s in some direction. 

1 hour ago, secretly_asian said:

Hmm... then that brings me to another bug that i'm not sure you can reproduce, but sometimes when i hop out of warp after having changed warp speed while on rails warp i exit travelling in excess of 100,000 m/s in some direction. 

no more changing warp speed during timewarp for you.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 9/6/2018 at 10:55 PM, Thorbane said:

I'm having a nasty problem with my electrical systems.  The priority system isn't working(or is backwards), so anytime something draws more power than the reactor can provide, I run out of EC and lose control.

Also convection based cooling doesn't seem to be functioning.

Afaik the priority system only determines which reactor is utilized first, so you can have the resource-intensive ones sitting on idle when you only need a bit of power.

Engines auto-throttle to match reactor output so you shouldn't have any problems there, and beam transmitters have a "power control" slider. Only problem is the "power control" for ISRU doesn't work so they always drain their full power requirement, even if not producing anything due to lack of input resource or full storage. But that's always been this way so just plan for it...

Convection based cooling does work but only if the craft is moving (within an atmosphere), and its efficiency is based on speed. I really hope this is a bug, used to work all the time. All of my microwave launch generators are useless now.

Version 1.19.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 can now available from here

Released on 2018-09-12

• Fixed hiding of unnecessary buttons in Radiator
  • Fixed linear behavior of thermal nozzle throttle and trust percentage
  • Fixed radiators convection when on the surface
  • Fixed Thermal nozzle calculated field when generating thrust
  • Fixed Thermal Receiver compatibility with Thermal Nozzles
Edited by FreeThinker

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.19.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

Released on 2018-09-12

• Fixed hiding of unnecessary buttons in Radiator
  • Fixed linear behavior of thermal nozzle throttle and trust percentage
  • Fixed radiators convection when on the surface
  • Fixed thermal nozzle calculated field when generating thrust
  • Fixed Thermal Receiver compatibility with Thermal Nozzles

Nice, thanks!

18 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright since it is so urgent,  here is link to an update interstellar.dll , you need it to put in the Plugins folder in the WarpPlugin and allow it to overwrite the existing dll

I expect to upload a proper release later this day

My thanks FT. Hey, did the power adjustment affect all the reactors? Or was that the bug? It seems all my reactors have dropped output some, but maybe that was just where one of them ran out of fuel.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:00 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

My thanks FT. Hey, did the power adjustment affect all the reactors? Or was that the bug?

It was a bug that effected reactors that were connected to an MHD power generator and had less then a 100% thermal power utilization, like the Open Cycle Gas Core Reactor , PlasaPlasma Jet Magneto Inertial Fusion Reactor and Antimatter Initiated Micro Fusion Reactor

On 9/13/2018 at 3:00 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

It seems all my reactors have dropped output some, but maybe that was just where one of them ran out of fuel.

I don't know where your reactors are located, but any of them located on the surface of Kerbin, should have been affected by overheating issues due to the bug that caused radiators  almost not to convect any heat. That bug is now fixed in the last release.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi there.

When using the heavy alcubierre drive, my crafts seems to change direction randomly. If SAS is not disabled, the craft will shake itself to destruction. Running an antimatter reactor. Not running out of charge. Even with a very simple craft it happens.

Happens both close and far away from gravity wells. Speeds below 0.3c seems to almost stop the problem.

Doesn't happen when using the light drive.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Running v1.19.11

On 9/15/2018 at 6:48 AM, Plecy75 said:

Hey, is there a way to procedurally generate magnetic fields for mod planets? it would take far too long to implement magnetic fields on all the planets created by all the planet mods out there

Well, it currently already does that based on the size of the celestial body, which you can override this with a configuration.

If you do make any configuration for a custom planet pack, please share them with me so I can integrate them.

17 hours ago, von Fabricius said:

Hi there.

When using the heavy alcubierre drive, my crafts seems to change direction randomly. If SAS is not disabled, the craft will shake itself to destruction. Running an antimatter reactor. Not running out of charge. Even with a very simple craft it happens.

Happens both close and far away from gravity wells. Speeds below 0.3c seems to almost stop the problem.

Doesn't happen when using the light drive.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Running v1.19.11

Next release will add a simple switch which allows you to disable turning during warp. A more permanent solution will follow later

@FreeThinker

I'm sorry for my ignorance, i've looked around on the forums and can't quite seem to find my asnwer. My problem involves beamed power networks, and i've used to use them all the time a year or two ago and have since forgotten how to use them.

Right now, I have a station in geostat orbit with two stellarator reactors and a single scaled-up phased array transceiver pushing out ~21GW long infrared beam. About 90 degrees from that is a probe with the infrared mirror, and 180 degrees to the reactor is a test ship with the double pivoting phased array transceiver. With the relay active on the mirror, my test ship receives no power, even moving it close to the reactor transmitter has no effect and i am without power. I know the spectral range of the infrared mirror is 9um and longer, and long infrared is 11um. Idk whats going on.

Are the parts broken or am i missing something here?