FreeThinker

[1.8.1, 1.7.3/1.6.1/1.5.1/1.4.5] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.25.6 Support Thread

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Where did you attemp to collect deurerium from the Ocean?

I figured it out. I was trying to use an isru unit at first but quickly found that the science laboratory extracts deuterium from an ocean using the 'start centrifuge' toggle. 

Had a request for another, more in depth, look at fusion propulsion so here is a peak into the research and development process employed by my brave Kerbals:

Long time not see :P

First I want to say that New UI of Propellant selection are really great to use, I really appreciate it :wink:

And that TEG come with Variable installed capacity also very useful for build light weight craft. But still look like has some minor bug like, when u reduce that capacity of generator to 20%, that reactor still been require as 100% power, and that rest of Heat Power beem turn in to Waste heat , that make those generator are not beem reduce  capacity but efficiency as -80%,

For example:Heat to MJ power efficiency with 20% capacity of TEG:

A Reactor that with Max 100MW  HeatPower, TEG current  efficiency in 50%,capacity 20%

ideal:   H×20% , 0.2H × 50%      Reactor run in 20MW to support 20% capacitygen to get 10MW power. Waste heat 10MW

current: H ×(50%×20%)                   Reactor run in 100MW to support 20% capacity gen to get 10MW power. Waste heat 90MW.

"H"as  Reactor power level.

Result in a lot of waste for energy and Over Heat Radiator......

I guess I see the problem:

UY7lYKZ.jpg

Oid6hSS.jpg

WR3qUzd.jpg

2tKugoY.jpg

The Reactor Minimum power is 2%, but even when configured for 1% of power, it still produces 44 MW, which should have been 4.4 MW

Edited by FreeThinker

Alright, I think I fixed it

c0d1CdO.jpg

As you can see it now only produces 2.16 MW, equal to the maximum electric power of the generator which is configured at 1% (weighting only 0.179 t).

5 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright, I think I fixed it

c0d1CdO.jpg

As you can see it now only produces 2.16 MW, equal to the maximum electric power of the generator which is configured at 1% (weighting only 0.179 t).

Wow that a really Quickly  Fix, how can u do that   :P

So quick that For Now we just made some free time to watch Space X Lunch there New Firewor..... Eh... The New test rocket that will gona Booooom (in plan)soon.:cool:

On the OP you suggest using scaled up systems for better balance with the incredibly powerful engines KSPIE gives us. If we go with a full 10x scale, what do you recommend for improving balance of stock parts? I don't believe KSPIE will work with RO will it? SMURFF does a good job of making rockets have better mass fractions but the engines are still underpowered. Any suggestions for something that will pair well with KSPIE?

Beam power tutorial from the exact point where beam power becomes possible in the [unkerballed start] tech tree. Long because a lot of folks have asked me not to skip over or fast forward through builds. So, I take my time and develop microwave launches from the ground (err ocean?) up. Take a look, feel free to question/comment/criticize. Part II coming as soon as I get better at low tech relays. Need to do more research.