KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

33 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Hex3 I didn't have time to make a release yet but you could download and replace the dll in WarpPlugin/Plugin with the dll from https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/tree/master/GameData/WarpPlugin/Plugins

I installed it, the ship I've got in orbit still doesn't produce any thrust. After testing on the launchpad, setting "Start Enabled" in the VAB to false will always cause the no thrust issue, but NERVAs with "Start Enabled" set to true will function. At least I can replace the boosters with working ones now.

20 hours ago, Hex3 said:

I installed it, the ship I've got in orbit still doesn't produce any thrust. After testing on the launchpad, setting "Start Enabled" in the VAB to false will always cause the no thrust issue, but NERVAs with "Start Enabled" set to true will function. At least I can replace the boosters with working ones now.

Alright, I reproduced both problems and fixed them. nuclear reactor become active when engine is staged , nuclear reactor have a activate reactor when never started. The Dll have been updated and are accesable from here.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey, first time posting on this forum. I had KSPI-E installed, worked just fine, decided to update it to the latest version. Now loading gets stuck after Loading Asset Bundle Definitions on GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/DiodeLaserArray/BPDLA whenever I try to launch KSP. I tried backing up the data and deleting that file in case there was just something wrong with it specifically, but it just gets stuck on the next file in the directory instead. Anyone know how to fix this?

15 hours ago, Slashrunner said:

Hey, first time posting on this forum. I had KSPI-E installed, worked just fine, decided to update it to the latest version. Now loading gets stuck after Loading Asset Bundle Definitions on GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/DiodeLaserArray/BPDLA whenever I try to launch KSP. I tried backing up the data and deleting that file in case there was just something wrong with it specifically, but it just gets stuck on the next file in the directory instead. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sounds like something went wrong with installation, you must have put it in the wrong folder somehow.

8 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@FreeThinker probably the millionth time I've asked, but what folders are needed just for beamed power?  It's what I'm including in my latest game, just finished career mode after months of playing, now gonna run something new

Well you going to need the folders Electrical , Radiators and BeamedPower. You need Electrical to generate Power, you need Radiators to get rid of all the wasteheat before you can transmit it and receive beamed power.

Edited by FreeThinker

20 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I originally experimented with it and didn't have electricals, can't stock solar panels or similar provide power for the beamed arrays? 

Yes, but the amount of power will not be very high, it would get better if you scale up and get closer to the sun, but not too close as it would degrade the efficiency of photovoltaics

Edited by FreeThinker

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Sounds like something went wrong with installation, you must have put it in the wrong folder somehow.

I just put the GameData folder for KSPI-E into the GameData folder for KSP. I followed the same procedure as I did when I installed the previous version and it worked fine that time.

I'll try getting rid of KSPI-E and reinstalling it through CKAN instead of manually to see if that fixes it.

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes, but the amount of power will not be very high, it would get better if you scale up and get closer to the sun, but not too close as it would degrade the efficeincy of photovoltaics

What about plugins etc? Things inside the warp folder besides parts? 

12 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

What about plugins etc? Things inside the warp folder besides parts? 

of cource you also need the  core folders Plugins and Resources , otherwise nothing will work, but I though we were talking about part folders only . Perhaps we should reverse the question, what could be cut out?  then I would say you can cut out Command, Control, Engines, FuelTank, Science, Stuctural and Utility

Edited by FreeThinker

On 8/14/2019 at 7:36 PM, FreeThinker said:

Alright, I reproduced both problems and fixed them. nuclear reactor become active when engine is staged , nuclear reactor have a activate reactor when never started. The Dll have been updated and are accesable from here.

Can confirm the problems are fixed, even for existing ships. Thanks for the help

Hey, first time poster here. So after a (very very very) long break I decided to get back into KSP with the breaking ground(but not the making history) DLC. I quite enjoyed all the changes they've made, but as I'm a huge fan of this mod and had it installed(among others) almost two years ago I decided to delete all the old ones, download this one and have a great time. As both a huge fan of aerospace and the expanse, I really love the hard science you guys put into this(though I will confess to still only understanding maybe 5% of the parts, tops, so if someone with far too much free time would like to make a several hour long updated tutorial on YouTube, that'd be awesome).

Anyway, like a previous commenter, KSP won't load for me now when it would a few hours ago when I hadn't yet installed interstellar extended; it gets stuck on the line GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/DiodeLaserArray/BPDLA. I manually deleted all non-squad/squadexpansion mod folders from the game data folder before downloading the latest version of KSPI-E (I don't use ckan), so I am 99% sure that it should be fine and load like it once did. unless there are now other mods required to run interstellar extended that I'm not aware of. Also the fact that I'm not the only one with this problem has me thinking there's something wrong with the latest update.

Any ideas what might be causing this loading freeze and, more importantly, how to fix it?

Edited by aal123
clarity/avoid confusion

15 hours ago, aal123 said:

Hey, first time poster here. So after a (very very very) long break I decided to get back into KSP with the breaking ground(but not the making history) DLC. I quite enjoyed all the changes they've made, but as I'm a huge fan of this mod and had it installed(among others) almost two years ago I decided to delete all the old ones, download this one and have a great time. As both a huge fan of aerospace and the expanse, I really love the hard science you guys put into this(though I will confess to still only understanding maybe 5% of the parts, tops, so if someone with far too much free time would like to make a several hour long updated tutorial on YouTube, that'd be awesome).

Anyway, like a previous commenter, KSP won't load for me now when it would a few hours ago when I hadn't yet installed interstellar extended; it gets stuck on the line GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/DiodeLaserArray/BPDLA. I manually deleted all non-squad/squadexpansion mod folders from the game data folder before downloading the latest version of KSPI-E (I don't use ckan), so I am 99% sure that it should be fine and load like it once did. unless there are now other mods required to run interstellar extended that I'm not aware of. Also the fact that I'm not the only one with this problem has me thinking there's something wrong with the latest update.

Any ideas what might be causing this loading freeze and, more importantly, how to fix it?

I fixed it by deleting the manual install and then reinstalling through CKAN. No idea what the cause of the freeze was, but that fixed it for me.

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

How do I make megajoules? I'm sticking to solar power

they are created automaticly. It does help to add some additional storage, which can be found in IFS full version

Edited by FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

made from electricity right. Also how would I store it if I don't use all of the kspie parts? 

well it create small buffers on the power producng parts and to store more you ned to download IFS which contain parts specialized in the storage of Megajoules