KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

I've installed Kopernicus versions:

1.2.2-3 no change

1.2.2-2 saved game don't load

1.2.2-1 saved game loads, RSS and Constelations don't load.In oryginal Kerbol system everything works perfectly fine , no overheats, no bizarre power demands out of blue....

..then i uninstalled your mod and installed only RSS and Constelations , no overheats. These are my observations so far.

At this stage what additional information do You need to troubleshoot problem (if You even bother :wink:  )??

Edited by dakhr

Update

After uninstalling Your mod with (RSS and Constellations in place) , then installing it again, overheats disappeared, but bizarre power demand is still in place:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PNjZueFd2b3ZUNGc/view?usp=sharing

So far seems that installing Your mod.... as last, solves overheating issue , but still question is  what the hell is that growing power demand out of nowhere ? 

Edited by dakhr

Another example ....stock parts only , ship is on the dark side of Earth, panel retracted :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PU2JqVUJKTjl1eWc/view?usp=sharing

then on the sunny side, when power is produced, everything is as supposed to be :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PMmRDRWVrTHVMUTg/view?usp=sharing

Edited by dakhr

Hi. But how on earth be such high growing demand (shown by megajoules power mangament display)when the ship is simple as fu...k :wink: ? But anyway this should be no problem as batteries drain with normal rate..just looks scary -Kilo/Meg watts  :D

Edited by dakhr

According to the screenshot, you are only 773 km from the star...

Seems to me you a simply too near a star.  Either use a solar shield or Solar collector to counter this and add more radiator that can pitot away from the star.

Edited by FreeThinker

Installation instruction (with CKAN), if encounter overheat problem using RSS & Constelations :

1)Uninstall KSP Interstellar Extended (CKAN will list RSS & Constelations as dependand mods) proceed

2) Install RSS & Constelations

3)Install KSP Interstellar Extended

Edited by dakhr

16 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

According to the screenshot, you are only 773 km from the star...

Seems to me you a simply too near a star.  Either use a solar shield or Solar collector to counter this and add more radiator that can pitot away from the star.

Interesting, where is this information on the screenshot  ?

Version 1.12.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-25

• Updated IFS to 2.4.3
  • Added ISRU Refrigerator which specializes extracting resource by cooling gasses (credit by SmashingKirby148)
  • Added Ammonia to extractable resources
  • Fixed Relay infrared and shorter wavelengths (credits by ms6107)
  • Fixed some rectenna receivers (credits by ms6107)
1 hour ago, Titan 3000 said:

Hey can anyone tell me how to use the laser ablative nozzle with beamed power? is it supposed to be able to be used as a surface to orbit ability and what frequency of beamed power should I use and how much does it need. I am playing with Near future mods installed.

HELP!

It actually one of the most powerful launch technologies available. All that is needed is an active transmitter in infrared wavelength (at least > 6 MW in NF), near the launch platform, an ablative nozzle connected to a container with PVS in launch clams , and launch. Notice the PVC is very dense, a single tank is enough to get to get into orbit. The big advantage is that in contrast the thermal receiver, it can receive beamed power directly from the back

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

It actually one of the most powerful launch technologies available. All that is needed is an active transmitter in infrared wavelength (about 6 MW), near the launch platform, an ablative nozzle connected to a container with PVS in launch clams , and launch. Notice the PVC is very dense, a single tank is enough to get to get into orbit. The big advantage is that in contrast the thermal receiver, it can receive beamed power directly from the back

ok, @FreeThinker, how should I start up the launch nozzle then, there is an option to activate the receiver on it and also the option to activate the engine? What transmitter should I use for it?

I apologize in advance if I just didn't look hard enough, but, is there currently a way to extract radioactives from planets now that the asymmetric refinery is gone? I'm not sure how to mine uranium or thorium, now. I understand from your earlier reply that uranium isru is still being worked on so I don't mean to sound impatient, just wondering what I missed. Thanks!

Edited by jhook777
typos

I also apologize if I missed something early, but:

Where it is supposed to have HeavyWater storage? I'm currently looking at ISRU Electrolyzer option "Heavy Water Electrolysis" and it should convert HeavyWater to Deuterium and Oxygen, as per source file. But it seems mod missing any storage for HeavyWater currently (according to "grep -Ri heavywater" output in mod folder), so it is not possible to activate this process without modding the mod. I have no idea where it is better to put such resourse, but maybe at least the part itself is good (so you can just put atmospheric scoop to craft and get heavy water into electrolyzer directly).

P.S. It seems you can store it in ISRU Processor, which is needed to receive HeavyWater from sea water or regolite, as well as many other components needed for Electrolyzer processes, but you also can get HeavyWater with scoop, so it will be useful to store it somewhere.

Edited by ThirdOfSeven

no idea if the problem has been solved, but I've currently got a craft with a tokamak reactor that is simply not working - it doesn't output any thermal power, at all. does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

51 minutes ago, blub01 said:

no idea if the problem has been solved, but I've currently got a craft with a tokamak reactor that is simply not working - it doesn't output any thermal power, at all. does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

Can you provide at least a screen of this ship?

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

I downloaded the newest version from Spacedock and there isn`t only Interstellar in this download. There is a bunch of other mods in this download like KJR, Tweak Scale, Persistent Rotation etc.

Some are required, like TweakScale or Interstellar Fuel Switch or CTT, the others are optional but recommended.

15 hours ago, wsx1887 said:

The true is "L"?   Here is"1";

(I am not good at english) @ms6107,

KSPI_Extended 1.12.7

Please look at other l's in this file, it's not 1. It's strange font used in your text editor, and l and 1 looks pretty similar in it. Github source https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/blob/master/GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/Microwave/PivotedLightMirror/PivotedLightMirror.cfg

5 hours ago, ms6107 said:

Please look at other l's in this file, it's not 1. It's strange font used in your text editor, and l and 1 looks pretty similar in it. Github source https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/blob/master/GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/Microwave/PivotedLightMirror/PivotedLightMirror.cfg

OK, I knew it;

but does it works in your PC?

when the letter is "l",the part's nativeWaveLength is 0.003189281

and i change it to "L",nativeWaveLength is 0.0000007.

TBKDEEC.jpg

i6NYCwb.jpg

Edited by wsx1887

Hi again. Another question about resources and resource processing. IntakeLqd is a resource processed by ISRU Processor in "Seawater Extraction" process. However, there is no part to produce IntakeLqd. Is there any plans on adding something, or some other mod adding liquid intake so I can process Seawater?

4 hours ago, wsx1887 said:

OK, I knew it;

but does it works in your PC?

when the letter is "l",the part's nativeWaveLength is 0.003189281

and i change it to "L",nativeWaveLength is 0.0000007.

Got you. Yep, it is my fault, didn't used light mirror and didn't know config files are case sensitive. I will fix it later today. And hope @FreeThinker will include my fix in next release.

BTW, Thanks. Will do more testing before commit next time.

Edited by ms6107

Version 1.12.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-28

• Added Oceanic resource extractor which depending on resources available in the ocean allows you to extract different types of resources (credits by EvilGeorge)
  • Added ability of Vista Engine to switch between D-T and D-D fusion (credits by Viseriod)
  • Added Ability of Fusion reactor to run on either Liquid or Gas Resource, or mixed, without switching
  • Added Automated Cryogenic Gas converted to inline Refrigerator ISRU (credits by sopindm)
  • Fixed Light mirror ability to relay (credits by ms6107)