KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, okder said:

however you should remember that FairLab code don't use stock ResearchLab module at all, it uses it's own module(and settings, i did show config example), stock data storage was set to zero, to disable data,

other functionality (clearing experiments) from unmodified stock.

In that case I suggest you add functionality the increases ressearch performance after certain technodes are unlocked. You can use the code in KSPI on how to implement that

Just now, FreeThinker said:

In that case I suggest you add functionality the increases ressearch performance after certain technodes are unlocked. You can use the code in KSPI on how to implement that

could you be more specific where to look (kspie pretty large) ?

Version 1.12.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-02

• Added Replace broken Linear Arcjet RCS by three new Mounted Arcjet RCS thrusters
  • Added internal space science lab
  • Balance: Switched Particle Bed Reactor (Timberwind) and Nuclear Lightbulb unlocking tech requirement
  • Balance: increased unlocking tech requirement Plasma nozzle and Magnetic nozzle
  • Balance: increased mass X8 Interstellar Fuel Tank
  • Fixed exception atmospheric extract at planet without hydrogen
  • Fixed power cost non hydrogen propellants in RCS thrusters
  • Fixed performance issue RCS thrusters
Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, danielboro said:

my i recommend splitting thes mod to smaller parts?
id recommend 1 for all the big files like textures and models and one for the text files and dll

Can you imagine the number of 'bug' reports that would be filed if something like that was set up? For small 'bug fix' releases, you can always use Githubs version history stuff to see exactly what files were changed and then just do the same manually on your install. 

7 minutes ago, danielboro said:

my i recommend splitting thes mod to smaller parts?
id recommend 1 for all the big files like textures and models and one for the text files and dll

every time thers an update or bug fix i need to download ~90MB and github is slow ~16Kbp at the moment

Dealing with a big download is much better then splitting up the mod. Not like bandwidth is expensive anymore.

1 hour ago, danielboro said:

i update bifor i start the game and i need to chose to wait up to 1H or update next time i start the game

is ther a way to set up a split one for ckan only?

less chance of " 'bug' reports  " i expect

A better solution would be to reduce the size of the mod in the first place.  I know there are a lot of legacy parts kept in so as to not break the savegames of people playing.  

I suggest a 2.0 release with a warning that this might break savegames and then make old parts can be removed that we no longer have active.

49 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

A better solution would be to reduce the size of the mod in the first place.  I know there are a lot of legacy parts kept in so as to not break the savegames of people playing.  

I suggest a 2.0 release with a warning that this might break savegames and then make old parts can be removed that we no longer have active.

Split out the legacy parts into a separate mod.

Hello everyone,

since I am the person behind the new regolith collecting code, I created a wiki page to help you understand how the revamped regolith mining currently works. You can find the page on Freethinker's wiki at https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/wiki/Regolith.

With that said, if you're about to start a new regolith mining operation or something similar, I would advise you to wait for the next release of KSPI-E, as I recently rewrote the code for terrain detection used by the regolith drills. The old version should work, but it might have troubles on uneven terrain or where the planetary mesh is weird. So, yeah. I advise you to wait and plan your regolith mining ops in the meantime.

That's all from me for now. *back to lurking mode*

Looks like the tech tree is a mess now.  So far the thermal launch nozzle and the light bulb engine show up as being unlocked in two techs each.  It looks like I don't have either of them unlocked but they are both still showing that they are unlocked with Improved Nuclear and Efficient Nuclear.

Version 1.12.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-04

• Added ability of Daedalus Engine to act as interstellar direct data transmitter
  • Added Atmosphere Intake will now take flying direction into account
  • Fixed Atmosphere intake will now properly function up to the start of high space on any celestial body with an atmosphere
  • Fixed Regolith drill contact problem with surface (credits to EvilGeoge)
  • Removed obsolete parts

On 4-2-2017 at 9:51 PM, Alorance said:

Looks like the tech tree is a mess now.  So far the thermal launch nozzle and the light bulb engine show up as being unlocked in two techs each.  It looks like I don't have either of them unlocked but they are both still showing that they are unlocked with Improved Nuclear and Efficient Nuclear.

Can you unlock them in the experimental rocketry?

Edited by FreeThinker

Curious if this is a bug or intended.

Here I have a pebble bed reactor with a thermal nozzle reporting that all heat is safely dissipated.

P9xkdY1.png

And here is the small reactor for power I intend to add on to this ship. Note that the heat generated is some 17 kW.

OpnimMu.png

Here the thermal helper is reporting that these massive radiators can no longer handle the excess heat from the small and large reactors even though they have some 0.37MW of excess dissipation with just the large reactor. In fact, their heat dissipation has been massively cut.

xRS4Lud.png

Am I missing something?

E: I just checked to ensure it wasn't because I was clipping parts, even radially attached I'm having the same issue.

Edited by regex

35 minutes ago, NeoAcario said:

Is the persistent rotation mod key in any function of KSP-IE?  I'm getting sick of it spinning my ships apart if I have them targeted during high time warp.

It never happened to me. However, just stop your ship from rotating and you're safe.

Persistent Rotation is very useful during the long burns that some Interstellar engines request for any maneuver.

The ability to accelerate during TimeWarp is nothing, compared to the power of keeping your ship in the right direction. [semi cit.]

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

It never happened to me. However, just stop your ship from rotating and you're safe.

Persistent Rotation is very useful during the long burns that some Interstellar engines request for any maneuver.

The ability to accelerate during TimeWarp is nothing, compared to the power of keeping your ship in the right direction. [semi cit.]

So it has no vital function... ok.  Deleted.  And Yes.. I do nice long burns at 4x speed.  I don't mind letting my KSP run in the background for 15 minutes doing a 1 hour burn.

Version 1.12.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-13

• Added Radial VASIMR engine (credits by @SpaceMouse)
  • Added Inline ISRU Electrolyzer  (credits EvilGeorge)
  • Added ISRU Converter (credits EvilGeorge)
  • Added inline ISRU Processor (credits to TiktaalikDreaming)
  • Added Modular Hex ISRU Part ISRU Processor, ISRU Electrolyzer and ISRU Converter, Switchable Gas and Cryostat tanks and structures
  • Added ability to extract Sodium and Heavy Water to atmosphere Extractor
  • Added Deuterium to Solarwind processor
  • Balance Increased tech requirement All in one ISRU Refinery
  • Balance: Increased Minimum ISP Plasma Wakefield Accelerator
  • Fixed Info screen Total power for some ISRU Processes
Edited by FreeThinker

Hi, @FreeThinker. I have another two questions:
1) Is "Pivoted infrared mirror" min wavelength correct in part.cfg? It different between first page of this thread and config. The table onn first page says that it must opperate in  700 nm - 1mm , but in config is 1mm - 9000nm, so it can relay only long infrared. And it sad :-(.

2) Is there some limitations on beam receivers? I placed 3 transmiters close to launch site (so I can easily recover them in future), launched one to kso, and now I can bring about 250 tons of goods to Mun orbit, just for 110k kerbits, using one Inline thermal Receiver Mk1 and tons of CO2.

12927170.png

30GW from four 8GW transmitters, and I can increase number of transmiters on demand. No, I realy like it! But if it not intended use of beam power.

PS: Finally landed and returned from Eve. Magnetized Target Fusion Reactor is OP.

Edited by ms6107

2 hours ago, ms6107 said:

@FreeThinker

2) Is there some limitations on beam receivers? I placed 3 transmiters close to launch site (so I can easily recover them in future), launched one to kso, and now I can bring about 250 tons of goods to Mun orbit, just for 110k kerbits, using one Inline thermal Receiver Mk1 and tons of CO2.

12927170.png

30GW from four 8GW transmitters, and I can increase number of transmiters on demand. No, I realy like it! But if it not intended use of beam power.

No real hard limit except you can't beam directly through a celestial body, besides that here are several soft limitations which are, atmospheric absorption,  range, transmit/receive efficiency and wasteheat

Btw, nice  looking rooket ;-)

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi thanks for the great mod.Recently i started new game in career mode and I run into issues when using this mod along RSS and Constelations mods. With both mods installed, my ships overheat and eventually explode , and KSPIE -power distribution meter goes on and on to ridiculous demand / utilisation values when power is not produced. With RSS only mod ships don't overheat, but negative values are still there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PWVVidDFFSUVRUnM/view?usp=sharing

And few minutes later demand is still growing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PdklQUE1sU3NWeWc/view?usp=sharing

And this is the case with any ship, radiators doesn't seems to help even if they are green in VAB

Edited by dakhr

14 hours ago, dakhr said:

Hi thanks for the great mod.Recently i started new game in career mode and I run into issues when using this mod along RSS and Constelations mods. With both mods installed, my ships overheat and eventually explode , and KSPIE -power distribution meter goes on and on to ridiculous demand / utilisation values when power is not produced. With RSS only mod ships don't overheat, but negative values are still there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PWVVidDFFSUVRUnM/view?usp=sharing

And few minutes later demand is still growing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PdklQUE1sU3NWeWc/view?usp=sharing

And this is the case with any ship, radiators doesn't seems to help even if they are green in VAB

There might be a problem with Copernicus here, I heard some version caused thermal overheating.

The negative power is caused because 3.5 MW power (3500 EC) is requested by some process while only 10.5 KW can be provided (probably only solar power)

But what the hell am I looking at? Where are your radiators? Seems to me someone was getting creative ...

Edited by FreeThinker

The negative power is caused because 3.5 MW power (3500 EC) is requested by some process while only 10.5 KW can be provided (probably only solar power)

But what the hell am I looking at? Where are your radiators? Seems to me someone was getting creative ...

But there is a thing, power drawn is  minuscule (see attached image ,total power consumption as shown by AmpYear mod: 0.055 EC/s) and demand is growing like to infinity for no apparent reasons .Unfortunately this is what left from my ship ,radiators were attached to mobile lab , but it exploded first .BTW parts separated by explosion also overheat. OK, i will install other version of Kopernicus and will see what will happen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwayVYM7pw5PNEd3enUyQmxVUFk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by dakhr