KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

40 minutes ago, DoubleUU said:

Sorry, I guess I still don't understand.  Because I tried doing the maneuvers manually as well but the burn times seem to be calculated incorrectly.  How do you do it?

approximate, and make corrective maneuvers...

3 hours ago, DoubleUU said:

Sorry, I guess I still don't understand.  Because I tried doing the maneuvers manually as well but the burn times seem to be calculated incorrectly.  How do you do it?

Try to use KER. It usually gives you the correct burn time, while the engines is currently burning.

Version 1.12.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-03-07

• Added Ability of Fusion Reactors to use alternative resource source for specific fusion atoms
  • Added alternative Fusion Fuels LithiumHydrate and LithiumDeuteride
  • Added aneutronic Lithium-6- Helium3 Fusion
  • Added aneutronic Lithium-6 cycle Fusion
  • Added aneutronic proton-Nitrogen 15 Fusion
  • Added ability atmospheric extractor to extract Nitrogen-15 from the atmosphere
  • Added Ability of Large Near Future Solar Arrays to receive Beamed power
  • Added T-T fusion to Vista Fusion Engine
  • Balance: increased tech level p-Li6 Fusion and adjusted power output
  • Balance: increased Isp Vista D-D fusion
  • Balance: reduced mass, thrust and power consumptionVista by 50%
  • Balanced energy output fusion fuels

Asked in what I see now is the development thread, so I'll put it here in the support thread instead:

In 1.2.2 with KSPI-E 1.12.9/1.12.10 with fuel switch 2.4.3/2.4.4 the closed cycle gas core engine only has some of the propellants available (hydrazine not being one). That combination was available in 1.2.1 with KSPI-E 1.11.4 and fuel switch 2.2.9. Is this switch working as intended or is hydrazine supposed to be available as a propellant for this engine?

8 hours ago, Meson_Ray said:

Asked in what I see now is the development thread, so I'll put it here in the support thread instead:

In 1.2.2 with KSPI-E 1.12.9/1.12.10 with fuel switch 2.4.3/2.4.4 the closed cycle gas core engine only has some of the propellants available (hydrazine not being one). That combination was available in 1.2.1 with KSPI-E 1.11.4 and fuel switch 2.2.9. Is this switch working as intended or is hydrazine supposed to be available as a propellant for this engine?

Not sure why this is the case. The Closed Cycle Gas Core Engine accepts nearly anything, including Hydrazine and Methane. Perhaps you are confused with the Open Cycle Gas Core Reactor, which propellant are limited to simple mono atomic fuels

15 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Not sure why this is the case. The Closed Cycle Gas Core Engine accepts nearly anything, including Hydrazine and Methane. Perhaps you are confused with the Open Cycle Gas Core Reactor, which propellant are limited to simple mono atomic fuels

It's definitely the closed cycle. I've narrowed the issue down to something about my save file - a fresh install of KSPI-E and fuel switcher from curse and the closed cycle can use any fuel in a sandbox game. But if I try to use it in my career save, it ends up only being able to use Nitrogen, LqdArgon, Argon, Hydrogen, Liquid Fuel and Lithium as propellants. I'd like to not have to restart my career - is there anywhere in the persistent.sfs that might be affecting the propellant types?

1 hour ago, Meson_Ray said:

It's definitely the closed cycle. I've narrowed the issue down to something about my save file - a fresh install of KSPI-E and fuel switcher from curse and the closed cycle can use any fuel in a sandbox game. But if I try to use it in my career save, it ends up only being able to use Nitrogen, LqdArgon, Argon, Hydrogen, Liquid Fuel and Lithium as propellants. I'd like to not have to restart my career - is there anywhere in the persistent.sfs that might be affecting the propellant types?

maybe you should research a node tech?

i only can tell you what my engine use as prop...

Ammonia, Kerosene, Nitrogen, LqdArgon, Argon, Hydrogen, Diborane, Helium, Methane, Hydrazine, Liquid Fuel, Lithium. This is campaign, rsrchd till exotic nuclear propulsion and advanced fusion reactions

Is there a working folding antenna to use for microwave beamed thermal power? I tried all three of the folding antenna's (directly connected to a mk1 inline thermal reciever, connected to a thermal turbojet), and they can pick up microwave electrical MW, but not thermal power. Are there better solutions for capturing power beamed parallel to the axis of thrust?

On 3/7/2017 at 11:33 PM, Acvila said:

maybe you should research a node tech?

Found through a ton of trial-and-error that it needed up to exotic fuel storage to unlock all the fuels. Since this node only unlocks antimatter parts, it wasn't really clear beforehand that it would open up Hydrazine as a fuel.

On 3/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, Meson_Ray said:

Found through a ton of trial-and-error that it needed up to exotic fuel storage to unlock all the fuels. Since this node only unlocks antimatter parts, it wasn't really clear beforehand that it would open up Hydrazine as a fuel.

I've had a lot of success solving bugs like that in sandbox modes to check if it's an upgrade burried or undocumented somewhere. Alternatively, you can start a new career/science mode and give yourself science points with the cheat menu to figure out what you need to research. My 2 cents...

Version 1.12.12 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-03-12

• Added KSPI Atmospheric Analyzer to Stock Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer
  • Added ability to process Uraninite to EnrichedUranium and Monozite to Thorium
  • Added Ability to Manufacture UF4 from EnrichedUranium and ThF4 from Thorium (Both require LqdFluorite)
  • Added Graphene Truss Radiator (Requires Near Future Solar)
  • Added Blanket Photovoltaic Panel optimized for Beamed Power in Near Infrared (Requires Near Future Solar)
  • Fixed Solar Panel Near Infrared Receive of all Solar Panels: Slightly lowered Near Infrared transmit frequency and increased Solar Panels Near Infrared Bandwidth, allowing the to maximized efficiency
  • Fixed several error messages in log at startup
  • Removed obsolete part files
Edited by FreeThinker

Please check your contracts:

Really now, why do you guys want me to deliver ore to **Jool**??

It's actually possible as it only requires delivering it to orbit, not landing it.  Still, why?!

(Of course ore contracts in general could use more sanity.  The other one I'm being offered is Duna -> Ike.)

7 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Please check your contracts:

Really now, why do you guys want me to deliver ore to **Jool**??

It's actually possible as it only requires delivering it to orbit, not landing it.  Still, why?!

(Of course ore contracts in general could use more sanity.  The other one I'm being offered is Duna -> Ike.)

Always thought that ore delivery is a stock contract, and stock contracts uses random company as agent.

14 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Why KSPI structural parts and probe core aren't resizable?

Well the structural parts could be scaled up without problem, I guess that would be useful for really large vessels. The probe core is not easily scalable because it contains a research ability, but I think I can balance it with tech unlocking)

Um @FreeThinker, I am still having problems with the laser ablative nozzle. I choose long infrared as the frequency on a stellarator beamed power station. I put two of them out and have a ship with a laser ablative nozzle on the bottom launched up. The nozzle says it is receiving 13 MW of power (near future is installed) yet the nozzle does not produce thrust, nor consume propellant and has an ISP of 14. I have checked to see if there is anything that I am missing but I really don't know what could be wrong.