KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

That and few other changes to Computer Core are ready. And I hope will be included in the next release.

Outstanding.

I notice having lots of computer cores does not give much more science than 1 core. - data from only one of the cores  can get in a science lab.  I think this is intentional.

Edited by enewmen

7 hours ago, enewmen said:

I notice having lots of computer cores does not give much more science than 1 core. - data from only one of the cores  can get in a science lab.  I think this is intentional.

Well considering the computer core has only data from its scientific instrument, having more than one supercomputer to analyze the real-time data, makes no sense because multiple cores would generate the same result, therefore it can't be cumulative. The general idea for the AI score's ability for data collection, is to put the vessel into some interesting orbit near a celestial body or at the surface and allow continuously monitor any changes on the surface, use it to feed some elaborate self-learning quantum computer model which eventually aggregates the data and send useful result back home. Its main application would be for long duration or interstellar distance missions which are either very inhospitable or you normally would not want to send anything alive (as they would be roasted by the insane amount of radiation of the interstellar fusion/antimatter engines.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey question, @FreeThinker Im building a relay probe on mid tier tech.  Its an initial mapping and scanning ship to get the data needed for the next round of automated mining probes (hopefully made with faster engines or sent on beamed power driven tugs but thats a problem for the future).  I was hoping to be able to skim the atmosphere to trickle harvest gas for reaction mass, so I need an inline isru refrigerator to change from liquid to gas (storing as gas is cheaper power wise, theres the potential for some methane for higher thrust fuel so I may bring some processing equipment), but how do I extract exoatmospheric gases?  I know there used to be an atmospheric extractor part but I cant find it anywhere, besides the big isru module is there no other way to extract gases? 

7 minutes ago, Temeriki said:

Hey question, @FreeThinker Im building a relay probe on mid tier tech.  Its an initial mapping and scanning ship to get the data needed for the next round of automated mining probes (hopefully made with faster engines or sent on beamed power driven tugs but thats a problem for the future).  I was hoping to be able to skim the atmosphere to trickle harvest gas for reaction mass, so I need an inline isru refrigerator to change from liquid to gas (storing as gas is cheaper power wise, theres the potential for some methane for higher thrust fuel so I may bring some processing equipment), but how do I extract exoatmospheric gases?  I know there used to be an atmospheric extractor part but I cant find it anywhere, besides the big isru module is there no other way to extract gases? 

Yes your regular stock air intakes serve as air intakes which can (thanks to KSPIE) collect trace amount of air even above the atmosphere. Use the ISRU Refrigerator to split any collected atmosphere into it into cryogenic molecular resources (LqdNitrogen, LqdOxygen, LqdArgon, LqdMethane, LqdHydrogen, LqdHelium and helium3)

Edited by FreeThinker

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes use your regular stock air intakes serve as air intakes. Use the ISRU Refrigerator to split any collected atmosphere into it into cryogenic molecular resources (LqdNitrogen, LqdOxygen, LqdArgon, LqdMethane, LqdHydrogen, LqdHelium and helium3)

Oh awesome!  Good to know and explains a lot in my testing.  Thank you!

Pulled out and dusted off KSP after after letting it rust for a year, made sure to install KSPIE, and have since been quite enjoying myself again.  FreeThinker: many thanks for your efforts on this mod!

So - Recently started fiddling with the Timberwind thruster, and noticed that the exhaust plume is.. a bunch of black squares?

Did some searching to see if anyone else had run into the issue, and found Issue 132 on Github.

Further spent a while mucking around with the part .cfg to see if I could figure anything out.  Switched out the model, went in and disabled various FX modules, and basically just tried to find anything that might affect the exhaust. 

Failed utterly.   :/

So, guessing that some configuration of custom exhaust settings are at issue, does anyone have suggestions as to what bit I might look at to un-custom it?  Is that possible?

Alright a new release is made available KSPIE 1.17  (largly tanks to Arivald Ha'gel) and can be downloaded from here

Changelog:

* Added support for constant power generator like RTGs (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Added Airospike Z-Pinch Fusion Engine (model by leucome)

* Added 3 new Fusion Rocketry technodes and made it a tech requirement of all Propulsion specialized parts

* Added new Faster Than Light technode  and made it a tech requirement of all Alcubiere drive parts

* Added several Ultralight Cubic Truss parts

* Balance: most Fusion engine have there tech requirement increased

* Balance: Vista Engine power requirement and trust now depends more on unlocked high sciene tech 

* Fixed several fuel mode issues with Vista Fusion

* Fixed some issues with Computer Core (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Fixed DC Electrical System issue when EC is full (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Fixed Large ISRU description and fixed Large ISRU output for Hydrates Processor. (by Arivald Ha'gel)

* Changed Electrolyzer storage to LqdWater (by Arivald Ha'gel)

Edited by FreeThinker

Tory size description doesn't match actual connection point size.

I enabled infinite propellant/electricity and no maximum temperature cheats to test electric engine.

Looks like their power consumption depends on propellant efficiency.

Power consumption should depend ONLY on thermal overheating, not on how efficient thrusting of propellant is.

https://imgur.com/a/rgrkB

Edited by raxo2222

11 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

I can't seem to find any sort of guide on how the ISRU stuff works for this mod. Can someone link me to a page with info on it or something?

It's mostly self-documenting.  Place an ISRU, right click, there's a button to open another window.. it shows all of the processes available, what they need and what they produce.  If a button is grayed out, then your craft is missing one or more resources.  I think there's a doc out there *somewhere* but I don't remember where.

What are you trying to make, I might be able to just answer your specific question(s) here, too.

So strangely enough, after downloading the update, I am having an issue with launch clamps of any sort. On the launch pad they are automatically disengaged and do not show in staging as shown in this screenshot. As soon as I remove the WarpPlugin folder from GameData and restart, the problem goes away.

2gx182u.jpg

5 hours ago, Hudsonkm said:

So strangely enough, after downloading the update, I am having an issue with launch clamps of any sort. On the launch pad they are automatically disengaged and do not show in staging as shown in this screenshot. As soon as I remove the WarpPlugin folder from GameData and restart, the problem goes away.

I can confirm this, and I'm not running any other mods except the recommended ones...KAS/KIS, TweakScale, FuelSwitch, etc.

13 hours ago, Hudsonkm said:

2gx182u.jpg

8 hours ago, samooo2 said:

I can confirm this, and I'm not running any other mods except the recommended ones...KAS/KIS, TweakScale, FuelSwitch, etc.

That indeed was my coding mistake when implementing RTGs functionality for KSPI-E. I humbly apologize.

@FreeThinker have correctly identified the issue and introduced a proper solution.

13 hours ago, ss8913 said:

It's mostly self-documenting.  Place an ISRU, right click, there's a button to open another window.. it shows all of the processes available, what they need and what they produce.  If a button is grayed out, then your craft is missing one or more resources.  I think there's a doc out there *somewhere* but I don't remember where.

What are you trying to make, I might be able to just answer your specific question(s) here, too.

I'm trying to use the ISRU refrigerator, but I can't figure out how to get air into it. I attached a few intakes to the sides, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also all the generators produce only about 5~ electricity p/s, not even enough to run the refrigerator (not producing anything) for more than a few seconds. I can't figure out what I'm missing in that regard, as I've got radiators and sufficient fuel. I can send some pictures if you need them.

so, not having used beamed power in quite a while.. simple question.. if I receive beamed power on a ship and use it to power a Kerbstein... do I still need a ton of radiators on the ship *being powered* or is wasteheat not generated in this case since I'm not doing any energy conversion to power the drive?  Little unclear on that, help appreciated.

12 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

I'm trying to use the ISRU refrigerator, but I can't figure out how to get air into it. I attached a few intakes to the sides, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also all the generators produce only about 5~ electricity p/s, not even enough to run the refrigerator (not producing anything) for more than a few seconds. I can't figure out what I'm missing in that regard, as I've got radiators and sufficient fuel. I can send some pictures if you need them.

You're trying to produce CompressedAir?  I believe you need to move the Air <-> CompressedAir slider all the way towards compressedair for that.  as far as power,.. you have a reactor connected to the generator, and the reactor is online?  also, the reactor and generator match?  ie, a charged particle generator will only generate power when directly attached to a charged particle reactor such as the antimatter reactor.

Edited by ss8913

I created antimatter factory.

DW2dzYs.jpg

P3DT3eO.jpg

I'm using Solarwind to fuel my fusion reactors - H, D, He3.

Muon Catalyzed feeds TriAlpha with He3.

I then use generated electricity to create positrons.

Antiprotons are collected on 8000 km equatorial orbit.

I then create neutral antihydrogen.

Basically I use sun to make antimatter.

I like your antimatter factory :)  you should consider the HangarExtender mod which removes the building graphics and lets you scroll around with a lot more freedom.. great for building things that technically don't fit in the VAB :)
Seems like you could also return all that antimatter to Kerbin for a profit, too, if you are playing in career mode :)

12 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

Pictures would be great :)