KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@kre8iv_username I think I fixed it. Please try again with KSPIE 1.25.31 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using a simple test vessel with a tank of liquid hydrogen, the engine, some large batteries and a command pod. The engine seems to be working fine then, but whenever I add solar panels to the craft, the problem I described happens. However, I tried another test vessel with a  simple nuclear reactor setup for power and the engine actually produced around 0.6kn of thrust which is much more than before but still not viable for missions. To use this engine, do I need to use more advanced nuclear reactors?

8 minutes ago, kre8iv_username said:

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using a simple test vessel with a tank of liquid hydrogen, the engine, some large batteries and a command pod. The engine seems to be working fine then, but whenever I add solar panels to the craft, the problem I described happens. However, I tried another test vessel with a  simple nuclear reactor setup for power and the engine actually produced around 0.6kn of thrust which is much more than before but still not viable for missions. To use this engine, do I need to use more advanced nuclear reactors?

0.6 kn is still 600 times more powerfull than a real ion engine. you should learn to use the persistent thrust feature,

Edited by FreeThinker

I'm trying to mine hydrates on Minmus but it says I am "missing storage." I have ore tanks but there isn't an option for hydrates or uraninite or really anything other than 6 resources (alumina, aluminium, boron, monzanite, regolith, ore). What am I missing? I'm using the universal drill.

7 hours ago, MassoudGL said:

I'm trying to mine hydrates on Minmus but it says I am "missing storage." I have ore tanks but there isn't an option for hydrates or uraninite or really anything other than 6 resources (alumina, aluminium, boron, monzanite, regolith, ore). What am I missing? I'm using the universal drill.

Tried to enable overflow?

On 10/9/2020 at 5:41 PM, kre8iv_username said:

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to add an image of the vessel or maybe I'm being dumb. I'll copy out what the engine menu says:

Fuel flow: 0.00000U
Prop Requirement Met: 100.00%
Thrust: 0.000000kn (Before, it was 0.000001 but now 0)
Engine Isp: 11213.0
Type: Electrodeless Lorentz Force Thruster
Propellant Name: Liquid Hydrogen
Power Share: 100.00%
Maximum Power Request: 0.000MW
Current Power Request: 0.000MW
Propellant Efficiency: 94.38%
Overheat Efficiency: 100.00%
Heat Production: 0.000MW
Max Effective Power:  283.145MW
Atm Thrust Efficiency: 0.000%
Current Thrust in space: 0.000000%
Max Thrust in space: 0.000000%

There are two gigantor panels and a small deployable radiator on the vessel. I'm playing in 1.9.1, science mode on Galileo's Planet Pack. 

I think its a recently patched bug. Also, use an image hosting site to post pictures.

And solar or nukes aint gonna cut it. Beam power, or very high tech fusion/antimatter, and still not ideal, these are true power hogs. Btw, instead of lH2 try a heavier fuel with more thrust anc density. If you got tons of money Xe is a good pick with electric engines, if not the most thrusty propellant you can use is probably OK

Edited by AntaresMC

tryna get to duna with a drone but every time i get to duna im disconnected from ksc, even tho i have 10 anntennas. someone mind explaining to me how i stay connected to ksc, im rather dumb and cant figure it out on my own, im also using inf fuel and electricty cheats

Edited by kerbalistcmonkey
forgot to say i had cheats active

13 hours ago, kerbalistcmonkey said:

tryna get to duna with a drone but every time i get to duna im disconnected from ksc, even tho i have 10 anntennas. someone mind explaining to me how i stay connected to ksc, im rather dumb and cant figure it out on my own, im also using inf fuel and electricty cheats

Need bigger/better antennas. Also its not KSPIE (even though in this mod there is a crazy amount of crazy huge ones)

So, I'm have a bit of trouble with the reactors in this mod. The fission ones work fine, but the other reactors required for plasma, thermal, and magnetic engines are BROKE AF. The reactors for the thermal ones somewhat work, but only when I activate the engine, but it flickers on and off like 500 time a second (not literally). The molten salt reactor will not work even though the control window says it's on, and the pen cycle reactor is producing thermal power, but the reactor won't produce any heat energy, so the plasma engine won't work, and the thermal power generator is attached to it, it says that it's not attached to a reactor.

(If there needs to be any other pictures, please tell me)

Screenshot_2020-10-21_163435.png

@Provisional Name 18 Well there are several problems with this picture:

1: the Gas Core Reactor is too far from the plasma nozzle

2: the Thermal Power generator is not compatible with the Gas Core Reactor (because it is simply too hot)

3: the Reactor Interface you are using is from Near Future, which will not work with KSPIE parts except generate some elecric power

Edited by FreeThinker

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@Provisional Name 18 Well there are several problems with this picture:

1: the Gas Core Reactor is too far from the plasma nozzle

2: the Thermal Power generator is not compatible with the Gas Core Reactor (because it is simply too hot)

3: the Reactor Interface you are using is from Near Future, which will not work with KSPIE parts except generate some elecric power

Ok thanks for the clarity. I would post a video of what's going on with the thermal nozzle, but i don't know how to, lol.

Just one more question, when you say that the reactor is too far from the nozzle, do they have to be touching?

On 10/22/2020 at 8:20 PM, Provisional Name 18 said:

Ok thanks for the clarity. I would post a video of what's going on with the thermal nozzle, but i don't know how to, lol.

Just one more question, when you say that the reactor is too far from the nozzle, do they have to be touching?

well there can be several parts in between but it reduces the effectiveess of the nozzle as the heat loses energy. So its usualy best to directly connect the compatible nozzle and compatible power generator directly

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey guys, 

I'm getting a bug with ion engines. They have this werid thing that they will work but only when previous stages go first. The moment you activate them in staging they stop working. Reloading from the tracking station kills them aswell. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Wheeziemcriblet said:

I remember hearing that the Attila engines could use compressed air as a fuel but its not appearing when I cycle through the propellants. Has something been changed or am I missing something.

using compressed air as a propellant is an advanced technology which wil only get unlocked after researching advanced fuel storage technologies

Edited by FreeThinker

On 10/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, Wheeziemcriblet said:

I remember hearing that the Attila engines could use compressed air as a fuel but its not appearing when I cycle through the propellants. Has something been changed or am I missing something.

23 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

using compressed air as a propellant is an advanced technology which wil only get unlocked after researching advanced fuel storage technologies

Compressed air works pretty much nowhere since a good while ago, I thought it was no longer used as propellant lol

On 10/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, TomfooleryYT said:

Hi.

I've tried to use the thermal receiver umbrella radiator on a couple of different vessels now, but I can't figure out how to deploy it? is there some material I need, or am I missing something obvious?W0B5eXZ.jpg

It cant be deployed outside the VAB. I dunno if bug or feature.

16 hours ago, Beckamabobby said:

how do I install plugins? Do I just drop in gamedata folder?

Yeah, just dump the uncompressedd file in GameData, even though its easier to manage the stuff if you have CKAN

Here there should be all info you need about the plugin, it basicly keeps the mods up to date and eases installing. More questions about that there, as would bs offtopic here :D

Edited by AntaresMC

Good Afternoon (or whatever, timezones right?) I'm getting a strange error when I try to load the game which causes the game to hang up on loading the LV-N engine. If I delete the part, it moves on to get stuck on something else. I'm suspecting its some kind of conflict in my suite of mods but I can't be sure, I'm no expert and I can't really figure out this error in the log means.

[EXC 14:36:23.855] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_RDTechByName () (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.GetTechTitleById (System.String id) (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	FNPlugin.FNGenerator.GetInfo () (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (AvailablePart newPartInfo, Part part) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Any thoughts? I'm at a loss here.

EDIT: Did some more faffing about. It seems to also stop loading specifically on the Diode Laser Array and Free Electron Laser. It spits out a similar error.

Edited by Gyrfalcon5
more troubles :,(

18 hours ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

Good Afternoon (or whatever, timezones right?) I'm getting a strange error when I try to load the game which causes the game to hang up on loading the LV-N engine. If I delete the part, it moves on to get stuck on something else. I'm suspecting its some kind of conflict in my suite of mods but I can't be sure, I'm no expert and I can't really figure out this error in the log means.

[EXC 14:36:23.855] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.get_RDTechByName () (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	FNPlugin.PluginHelper.GetTechTitleById (System.String id) (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	FNPlugin.FNGenerator.GetInfo () (at <6c035b35af8e4b4c9b78e587ea92a972>:0)
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (AvailablePart newPartInfo, Part part) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Any thoughts? I'm at a loss here.

EDIT: Did some more faffing about. It seems to also stop loading specifically on the Diode Laser Array and Free Electron Laser. It spits out a similar error.

The LV-N is a stock engine (even if modified by KSPIE), which is weird. And the lasers... Can I see your modlist and KSP version?

Btw, it was almost 1am here when you posted it, far from afternoon XD I love time travel

Edited by AntaresMC

1 hour ago, AntaresMC said:

The LV-N is a stock engine (even if modified by KSPIE), which is weird. And the lasers... Can I see your modlist and KSP version?

Btw, it was almost 1am here when you posted it, far from afternoon XD I love time travel

Yep yep! Here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/lVWesD2.jpg
I'm currently running the latest version of the game, as well as the lastest possible version of all my mods. (Including Interstellar). The issue only seems to crop up with Interstellar is installed, so believe me when I say I'm just as confused as you are. :confused:

Edited by Gyrfalcon5

1 hour ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

Yep yep! Here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/lVWesD2.jpg
I'm currently running the latest version of the game, as well as the lastest possible version of all my mods. (Including Interstellar). The issue only seems to crop up with Interstellar is installed, so believe me when I say I'm just as confused as you are. :confused:

No real idea on who is causing the problem, but KSPIE (and all mods Ive recognized, about 2/3 XD) works in earlier versions, maybe its that?