KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

I can't seem to get my isru setup to work off-screen? Anything I should know?

When I flew another craft to the mining base (when it entered physics range) I got some messages on operating off-screen. Not entirely sure if something happened. But when I just put the base to function, it happily produces maybe 1000 LH2 per day when I look at it, warp or not, but nothing at all off-screen (for several days). When I just switch to the base, I do not get such messages.

I am operating a H2 + Hydrolox miner at minmus, I have 8 universal mining augers at 200% scale (corresponding to 32 regular augers (!?). This gets a decent rate of H2 out of there (but still drilling hydrates is limiting for 1 large isru and 1 1.5m electrolyzer. That's not the issue, though, makes sense mining needs to do heavy lifting a lot.

But it's at least an annoyance to have to follow-up on the mining bases when time warping through mission nodes.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by teelaurila

5 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Hey, I seem to have come across a bug where if I go to launch a craft with this mods parts, my game crashes. here's the log file so you can take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ScrhJgJ0rGbEwsjFZYNTLuFFjSM9qlKs/view?usp=sharing

I took of the beamed power receiver  from the craft I was trying to load and now it doesn't crash the game, BUT now the craft goes crazy, either breaking on load or starts flipping in the air randomly

EDIT: also apparently, on the all in one ISRU and the small isru processor, the refinery processes are gone? is that the way it's supposed to be? I need the Regolith process for creating Fusion Pellets.

Also, is there a better way to make fusion pellets other than through regolith refining? I'm still trying to learn this whole isru tree.

Edited by TomfooleryYT

On 12/11/2020 at 2:17 AM, FreeThinker said:

Basicly what happened is that it retroactively applies the resource processing step when certain condition are met (like being fully powered when leaving).

Ok. So presently I am not seeing any message when I leave the running craft to space center (at 1x time), warp a few days, and come back (via tracking station).

Is it s a problem that the whole chain of isru is running so that only the end result is stored (Liq H2) (limit is at mining)?

Power there should be plenty, likewise with cooling. So what all are the requirements? The craft does a "physics easing jump" when switched to, or time warp ends. So for a moment it is not "properly landed". This seems practically unavoidable?

Thanks for any help.

8 hours ago, teelaurila said:

Is it s a problem that the whole chain of isru is running so that only the end result is stored (Liq H2) (limit is at mining)?

Yes, Interstellar is currently doing  catch up processing in the order chosen by KSP (which is usualy from top to bottom)  as a result, a resource chain might experience underruns resulting in resources not beeing processed in time. In the future we hope to improve this by a improved resource processing framework

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes, Interstellar is currently doing  catch processing in the order choosen by KSP (which is usagy from top to bottom)  as a result, a resource chain might experience underruns resulting in resources not beeing processed in time. In the future we hope to improve this by a improved resource processing framework

Ok, thanks. So it should follow that at least the drills work (to produce hydrates in this case)? That wasn't my experince. Do the Universal Mining Augers work as well as the universal drills? What's the relevant distinction anyway, looks like augers are just a bit cheaper per lifting power and drills longer?

the bug happens everywhere as far as I can tell. I have no idea about the log. as far as the isru having access, it has in the past on similar vessels, I don't understand why it wouldn't now. does the regolith have to be right next to the isru or something? here's the log if you wanna take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xFYanhSKvCCZ4llkIRgw6Rae221hrZE9/view?usp=sharing

FYI, the regolith storage is on the other side of the craft next to the generator, opposite of the nuclear reactor. the isru unit has access with the regolith before.

Edited by TomfooleryYT

Well just looking at your  exception log, I see the following exception repeated ad infiinitum:

[EXC 18:59:29.042] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FNPlugin.Extensions.PartExtensions.GetConnectedResources (Part part, System.String resourceName) (at <bec77ebaa90c436994a3baf975077880>:0)
	FNPlugin.Refinery.Activity.PeroxideProcess.HasActivityRequirements () (at <bec77ebaa90c436994a3baf975077880>:0)
	FNPlugin.Refinery.InterstellarRefineryController.<Window>b__34_0 (FNPlugin.Refinery.IRefineryActivity act) (at <bec77ebaa90c436994a3baf975077880>:0)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].ForEach (System.Action`1[T] action) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
	FNPlugin.Refinery.InterstellarRefineryController.Window (System.Int32 window) (at <bec77ebaa90c436994a3baf975077880>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

trying to replicatie I found it already goes wrong durring initialization. this is clearly something goes wrong during initialization

Edit: Alright, found the bug, and also know how you can fix it. Open WarpPluginSettings.cfg in a text editor and MethaneGasResourceName=MethaneGas into MethaneGasResourceName=Methane

Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker I'll try that out and update this post with my findings. Thanks!

@FreeThinker it seems to be working! Thanks! However, I'm now running into another issue, as you can see by the picture, the two regolith drills aren't collecting regolith. Despite being in contact with the ground and having an abundant concentration, they're just not mining anything? is there something I'm doing wrong?

dpeZOtr.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, I just needed to give those drills a TON of power!

Edited by TomfooleryYT

13 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

@FreeThinker it seems to be working! Thanks! However, I'm now running into another issue, as you can see by the picture, the two regolith drills aren't collecting regolith. Despite being in contact with the ground and having an abundant concentration, they're just not mining anything? is there something I'm doing wrong?

dpeZOtr.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, I just needed to give those drills a TON of power!

Yes you need a lot of power, why?  because you have to procees hundreds of tons to get anything meaningfull from processing regolith. The drill isn't the best representation but I have nothing better at the moment.

Edited by FreeThinker

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes you need a lot of power, why?  because you have to procees hundreds of tons to get anything meaningfull from processing regolith. The drill isn't the best representation but I have nothing better at the moment.

is there a more efficient way of making fusion pellets? I read on the isru table that you can make them from heavy water but I have no idea how to make heavy water?

On 12/18/2020 at 12:41 AM, Vincent_Van_Goyim said:

for some reason delta-v  and thrust to weight ratio appears as 0 for all of KSPIE's nuclear engines and also the NERVA. Any idea why this would be?

Perhaps you have not matched the fuel (propellant) in the tank with the propellant mode of your engine?

Hello,

I searched a lot on this forum and on reddit about how to make the Dawn ion engine work within I-E but I got no useful answers. I understood that a reactor and a generator are needed but I have done several trials with no success.

Is there some gentleman that could show an example of working probe with Dawn engine and explain the logic behind?

Thank you very much

16 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hello,

I searched a lot on this forum and on reddit about how to make the Dawn ion engine work within I-E but I got no useful answers. I understood that a reactor and a generator are needed but I have done several trials with no success.

Is there some gentleman that could show an example of working probe with Dawn engine and explain the logic behind?

Thank you very much

Unless you have Realism overhoal installed, it should already work. I you do have Realsim overhoal installed, you should install Persisten Thrust mod.

VbM2o2u.png

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello,

I noticed that the "Autostage" Mechjeb utility is not working anymore with NERVA engines (in Stock parts, before installing I-E, it was called NERV engine).

Is there some particular setting to be checked, both on Mechjeb or Engine parameters?

Thank you very much

On 12/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, TomfooleryYT said:

the propellant window for the thermal turbojets isn't working, making it so that I can't change propellant. Am I missing something?

O00GTSQ.jpg

It seems to work fine in my tests with the latest release. With what reactor is it actualy connected in this test?

On 12/28/2020 at 6:17 PM, DiegoKeys said:

Hello,

I noticed that the "Autostage" Mechjeb utility is not working anymore with NERVA engines (in Stock parts, before installing I-E, it was called NERV engine).

Is there some particular setting to be checked, both on Mechjeb or Engine parameters?

Thank you very much

This used to be a bug. Are you using the latest version?

Edited by FreeThinker

On 12/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, FreeThinker said:

It seems to work fine in my tests with the latest release. With what reactor is it actualy connected in this test?

I was attempting (probably failing at) to recreate the Condor vehicle from Beardy penguin's endurance series. I don't see a reactor? or am I blind?GgwKdby.png