KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

5 hours ago, fzhyzamt said:

Hello,after I updated from 1.26.12 to the latest 1.26.13, the KSPI node in the technology tree disappeared. There was no problem before I updated. However, the unlocked part can still be used normally

62c84e5e9e8ca4654a3976f923b59c9281d44ef3

To make the extended KSPIE  techtree visible again you need to install CTT.

KSPIE used to have a build in copy of CTT but it causes problem with other new techtrees

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello. I have been toying around with early-game KSP-IE parts, and I have noticed that no matter what I do with the Rutherford engine, no thrust is created, although the heating effects still show up on the part itself. I have checked to ensure the fuel types on the tank and engine are the same, but I am still not sure if there's something I am missing. Any ideas?

16 hours ago, Beriev said:

Hello. I have been toying around with early-game KSP-IE parts, and I have noticed that no matter what I do with the Rutherford engine, no thrust is created, although the heating effects still show up on the part itself. I have checked to ensure the fuel types on the tank and engine are the same, but I am still not sure if there's something I am missing. Any ideas?

The Ruthford is an electric power turbopump engine, do you provide it with sufficient power?  meaning, either a KSPIE power generator, electric beam powered , supercapacitator of  Super Lithium Battery?

On 1/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, Mandella said:

Once again I am probably just missing finding it myself, but is there a way to mine, extract or convert Uranium-233 in game?  I need it for the rotating fluid bed nuclear engine.

Thanks.

You currently cannot create it but will probably in the future with the Molten Salt Reactor

21 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Can KSPI-E please not change the fuel of the USI reactors?    Thanks.  (Probably a blanket statement not to override USI stuff in general please, so I can avoid support issues).

I will remove all  MKS modifications except for an power adapter which will  make it able to power other KSPIE parts

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello,

I am having troubles with the alcubierre warpdrive (it happens with each of the 3 engines available).

My issue is that when deactivating the warp drive, randomly happens that the ship disappear (like if it destroyed but the game doesn't recognize it as destroyed). Are there particular conditions that should be met before deactivating warp drive?

Thank you very much

Edited by DiegoKeys

Hello,

I have noted that dealing with computer cores or every other part that manages an AI, lead to losing reputation, I don't understand the mechanich behind this. Can someone explain?

For example (from the ksp.log):

[LOG 14:25:42.692] DestroyAIsHOME: removing 46.08174 points of reputation

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Hello,

I have noted that dealing with computer cores or every other part that manages an AI, lead to losing reputation, I don't understand the mechanich behind this. Can someone explain?

For example (from the ksp.log):

[LOG 14:25:42.692] DestroyAIsHOME: removing 46.08174 points of reputation

Thank you very much

Are  you killing Artificial Life? There are considered precious by KTC, just like a Kerbal life. The longer they live, the more presious they become (up to a hard limit)

Perhaps something broke water electrolysis isru with the latest version?

I had a mining station setup up with kspie 1.25.35 and 1.10 of KSP

I just updated to 1.11 KSP and 1.26.15 skpie. It now says "out of water" at the electrolysis, even though there is water (LiquidWater).

I tried to build a new "ship" in that save, which just has a power source, some hydrates and the isru line.  Still the same "out of water".

Then tried a new sandbox save. And still the same.

CO2 electrolysis from the same works just fine.

Edited by teelaurila

On 1/10/2021 at 11:08 AM, teelaurila said:

Perhaps something broke water electrolysis isru with the latest version?

I had a mining station setup up with kspie 1.25.35 and 1.10 of KSP

I just updated to 1.11 KSP and 1.26.15 skpie. It now says "out of water" at the electrolysis, even though there is water (LiquidWater).

I tried to build a new "ship" in that save, which just has a power source, some hydrates and the isru line.  Still the same "out of water".

Then tried a new sandbox save. And still the same.

CO2 electrolysis from the same works just fine.

I notice a little bug in it. I think you can make it work again if you have at least 1 part with drinking water available

Edited by FreeThinker

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I notice a little bug in it. I think you can make it work again if you have at least 1 part with drinking water available

Thanks for the reply! I don't think I have any drinking water parts as I don't have any life support mods with kspie... Any advice on a simple mod I might add in to get drinking water, or have I missed something with kspie?

7 minutes ago, teelaurila said:

Thanks for the reply! I don't think I have any drinking water parts as I don't have any life support mods with kspie... Any advice on a simple mod I might add in to get drinking water, or have I missed something with kspie?

Any part with basic water (which I call drinkable water)

On 1/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, FreeThinker said:

Are  you killing Artificial Life? There are considered precious by KTC, just like a Kerbal life. The longer they live, the more presious they become (up to a hard limit)

No I don't. I recovered a vessel on kerbin with no AI that was docked to a vessel orbiting kerbin, this one having AI. The vessel with the AI remained in orbit, no killing. I lost reputation after this

Edited by DiegoKeys

TimberWind engine is not working. When I add the engine to any ship or load ship containing it exception is thrown in logs . DeltaV is not shown in VAB. On the launchpad when throttling thrust is not generated. For other engine no error is thrown. Problem occur on KSP 1.10.1 and 1.11. I include KSP.log in the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfy99bap6ygzpbh/KSP.log?dl=0 .

hi again @FreeThinker - haven't posted in a while (stuff has been working nicely, thanks :) ).. but I have a minor issue that I've had for several versions now going back to KSP 1.9.x actually.. figured it was time to see if there's a way to fix this...

so, scenario is this - I make a spaceplane using the winged edge radiators stuffed into the wings.  Been doing this for years, works great.  Everything's fine on ascent, and in space.  But whilst landing, with throttles (and presumably the positron reactors attached to the thermal turbojets similarly at idle), these radiators start building up heat on the glide into KSC and often explode mid-air; fortunately they don't affect the handling of the craft, but I'm puzzled as to why there's so much heat build-up on a power-off glide back down to the runway?  I'm also using FAR, if that makes any difference(?)  but either way I'd expect to see this problem on ascent at full throttle, not on landing?

On 1/15/2021 at 4:10 AM, ss8913 said:

hi again @FreeThinker - haven't posted in a while (stuff has been working nicely, thanks :) ).. but I have a minor issue that I've had for several versions now going back to KSP 1.9.x actually.. figured it was time to see if there's a way to fix this...

so, scenario is this - I make a spaceplane using the winged edge radiators stuffed into the wings.  Been doing this for years, works great.  Everything's fine on ascent, and in space.  But whilst landing, with throttles (and presumably the positron reactors attached to the thermal turbojets similarly at idle), these radiators start building up heat on the glide into KSC and often explode mid-air; fortunately they don't affect the handling of the craft, but I'm puzzled as to why there's so much heat build-up on a power-off glide back down to the runway?  I'm also using FAR, if that makes any difference(?)  but either way I'd expect to see this problem on ascent at full throttle, not on landing?

What is different now is tha the radiators can both lose and gain heat from its environment. However the exesive heat absorbtion durring decent is not realistic I think

I think its caused by the external temperature which can reach extreme high temperature when you fly to the atmosphere. I will replace it it the temperature of a vessels altitude and see if this works better.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 1/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, FreeThinker said:

I confirm you that undocking from a ship with artificial life and warping after that causes loss of reputation, the game recognizes it as killing AI, though the vessel with the artifical life is still ok. This is a bug

12 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

I confirm you that undocking from a ship with artificial life and warping after that causes loss of reputation, the game recognizes it as killing AI, though the vessel with the artifical life is still ok. This is a bug

Im going to disable that function as it appears the only function of that partmodule is to  create reputation loss. THat might have beeen logical in the past because it could generate infinate science but that no longer applies

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this should be posted here, but I'm running KSPIE 1.26.7 on KSP 1.10.1.2939 and I'm having an issue with the Krusader Thermal Engine. Any chance someone else ran into this issue?

When I right click on the Krusader engine to change the propellant type, the box that shows is empty... I could had sworn last night I changed it, but not sure what happened. I did try updating fuel switcher but it turned into a huge mess. I had to reinstall all of my mods to fix the issue and to get my game back to how it is now.

Screenshot showing the propellant issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ri1pwi1hr3xvos/20210118185635_1.jpg?dl=0

Latest Player.log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhv8j5tq5x0t0yj/Latest_Player.log?dl=0