KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

@slate6715 Have you tried pressing the "Toggle Refinery Window" in the ISRU Electrolizer and the select the Water Electrosis H2O => H2 + O2 ?

7F3Zjus.png

Edit: just found a bug in this causing it to produce LqdHydrogen instead of Hydrogen gas

Edited by FreeThinker

22 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@slate6715 Have you tries pressing the "Toggle Refinery Window" in the ISRU Electrolizer and the select the Water Electrosis H2O => H2 + O2 ?

7F3Zjus.png

Edit: just found a bug in this causing it to produce LqdHydrogen instead of Hydrogen gas

Glad you found a bug to squash!  To answer your question, yes, I do turn on the Liquid Water to H2 + O2 electrolysis process and it does produce hydrogen and oxygen (I thought it was producing hydrogen gas, but maybe it was producing liquid hydrogen and that was going into the fuel tanks....)

Refrigerators then receive the Oxygen gas and convert it to Liquid Oxygen, but it never leaves the refrigerator part....

Edited by slate6715

Maybe i am just a bit stupid, but the heat radiators do not show any values for heat radiation in my current game. They always show "0W" everywhere. I can remember those values from previous playthroughs, but this time around i do some new mods and i am playing with the linux client. I just started a new science game and looked through the technology screen and found this very strange. The "active Radiator" part shows a value though. This is the list of mods i use: Nothing fancy in it. Everything installed by CKAN. Am i missing something?

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 5.26)
Automated Science Sampler (AutomatedScienceSampler 1.3.5-KSP1.8)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.18.0)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.3)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.6)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.0)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.0)
Improved Tree Engine Placement (ImprovedTreeEnginePlacement v1.4.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.29.3)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.29.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.4.2)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.2)
KerboKatzUtilities (KerboKatzUtilities 1.5.2-KSP1.8)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.28.8)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.2.0.0)
LoadingTipsPlus (LoadingTipsPlus V1.9)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.2)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.7)
Photon Sailor (PhotonSailor 1.7.1)
Planning Node (PlanningNode v0.1.3)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.11.1)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.2.0)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.1)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.5.0)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

KSP 1.11.2.3077
1.11.1 Making History
1.8.1 Breaking Ground

Since I installed this mod, the option in the popup Part Action Window that allows retracting or extending a single solar panel is gone.  Only the Extend or Retract All Solar are available.  I'm not certain this mod is the cause, but this mod did add the Beamed Power and Solar Generator entries in the PAW so figured I'd ping here first.  Does anyone know if there is there something I can patch/config to get that option back?  

KSP 1.11.2 (3077)

Debian linux

Edited by darthgently

16 hours ago, darthgently said:

Since I installed this mod, the option in the popup Part Action Window that allows retracting or extending a single solar panel is gone.  Only the Extend or Retract All Solar are available.  I'm not certain this mod is the cause, but this mod did add the Beamed Power and Solar Generator entries in the PAW so figured I'd ping here first.  Does anyone know if there is there something I can patch/config to get that option back?  

KSP 1.11.2 (3077)

Debian linux

KSPIEonly affect the stock Gigantor Solar Panel

Edited by FreeThinker

I am kinda new but have played the mod for a couple of hours so I get the basics. I don't know how to get the reactors fueled. For example, the liquid metal cooled reactor is said to take uranium oxide, plutonium twr, uranium twr. Is this from a different mod, or is this normal? I have a large amount of mods installed using ckan ie over 100.

Basic Science Laboratory Question:
From what I've read elsewhere, I understand the new lab (5T) is supposed to generate science points on its own based on its position near other planets for study (and the closer the better, or even landed). I've put one in Minmus orbit, crewed with two scientists, I have the reactor, generator and heat dissipation (order is Reactor->Gen->Lab). Reactor and gen show normal operation, consuming uranium, etc. So far it just functions as vanilla science lab (5:1 for other generated science from the old sensors like a Goo container). There's a new button at the top that just says "Recall::Driftless" (it's on all the parts, so I assume that's just a debug enable switch).   Otherwise, I don't see any switch that's like "start getting science from the planet below me"    What am I missing?

I have a question here.

Why my nuclear turbojet、ramjet,even nuclear light bulb are not able to change propellant? When I right click those engines, there is no "next propellant"button. 

My engines have been upgraded, and I even unlocked all the tech tree for this.

Help me plz, Jeb on EVE is waiting for this engine to get home. :confused:

Bug on 1.10.1, using KSPI-E 1.28.10:

Attempting to open the Reactor Control Window on a Tri-Alpha reactor causes a spam of nullrefs:

[EXC 12:36:53.659] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FNPlugin.Reactors.InterstellarReactor.Window (System.Int32 windowId) (at <c78d54ae0cd341cdaa0fac7a64ea25af>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6s138v44bwxbla/Tri-Alpha Window Bug.zip?dl=0

(edit: For the record, this is a minimal install via CKAN, only adding the required mods to install KSPI-E)

Edited by etmoonshade

Hi,

I'm trying to make a ship with the Bussard Fusion Engine and in the description it says that you can use magnetic scoops to fuel it. I have attached a magnetic scoop to my ship and brought it to interstellar space, and while the scoop says that it is collecting particles, I am not getting any fuel for the engine. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Just needed to use the refrigerator solar wind refinery

Edited by ODSTjoker

Hi guys, long-time lurker, first-ish time poster with two questions.

1. I'm building a Minmus refinery and launchpad, which means liquid methane and liquid oxygen production, which means the Sabatier process and water electrolysis. I can get the electrolysis working fine, but not the Sabatier process... because there doesn't seem to be an option for it anywhere, across all the various modules, even in the VAB. What am I missing?

I haven't found an answer to this, but I have landed a refinery base on Minmus with a Regolith drill on board, which digs up regolith, unsurprisingly. This can be converted into minerals and elements which can be rendered from the rock (which vary by location, so do your orbital surveying first), including methane and Borate (no first name given). The former can be converted into its liquid form using a cryotank, and the latter can be converted into boron (30%) and oxygen (70%) via Borate Processing, which can also be frozen. Boron can be used for exotic fusion, but I believe is mostly otherwise useless (feel free to correct me!!).

2. Is there any way to alter the settings on any of the fusion reactors/engines or nozzles to achieve a higher thrust but lower ISP? My lofty goal is an antimatter-powered tug that can push 100 tons anywhere with a decent TWR for low Kerbin orbit (est. 0.45+). No degree of ISP sacrifice is too severe, I'd be perfectly happy to be getting chemical rocket-like performance if it meant my tug could start flinging colony ships to Sarnus.

The answer to this question turned out to be the fuels the fusion rockets were burning. Liquid hydrogen is great, and easy to make, but methane, for example, gives a much lower ISP but higher thrust; I'm currently pushing a 73 ton 3.75m science lab to Slate and a vessel to get its crew home, with an LKO TWR of 0.42 before burning, using a Tokamak, a plasma engine, a Thermal Electric Effect Generator, and a couple dozen tons of liquid methane. Also the main fuel can be used with the main fuel of your conventional rockets; which is useful in emergencies.

Edited by ibiacmbyww
Found solutions to questions(ish)

Ditto to the above about being a long-time lurker.

I've got a problem to do with radiators.  They take forever to heat up, and never reach anywhere near the temperature of the reactor they're cooling. I've waited for more than one real-life hour for radiators to heat up (time warp doesn't speed it up), and they were barely at 800K.  As a result of this,  my reactor is constantly throttled.  It's a full-tech pebble bed using mainly radiators from Heat Control, but there are some titanium flat panels around too.

KSP version is 1.6.1 (don't judge me)
KSPIE version is 1.7.0 according to the ChangeLog.txt, released 2016-03-28

I've also got NearFutureElectrical, but I've already tried disabling the compatibility patch to see if that fixes anything. Interestingly, while it doesn't fix this issue, it does fix the issue of electric thruster power demand not being scaled to match the reactors' reduced output, which has presumably already been fixed in newer versions.

EDIT: Just thought to add that: 1) The pebble bed reactor is connected to a thermal generator, 2) The waste heat helper says that I should have way more than enough radiator area, and 3) I have not checked if other reactors have the same issue.

Edited by EricTheEpic

With KSP 1.12 released, it unfortunately has stopped working for me. Have an info-dump on what I found.

Before this, I didn't have any issues I wouldn't blame on having my entire system's RAM worth of mods (everyone loves the occasional temporal system freeze :v ), however, after the update, the game gets stuck on the very first loading screen, saying "Loading Part Upgrades".  This also is true, when KSPI is the only mod installed besides the official expansions.

Attempts to narrow it down indicated the issue to be within "Interstellar.dll", as in, everything loads as well as the circumstances allow if I just cut the "Plugins" folder into some other location, or move MiniAVC or Interstellar_redist out of the game's reach. With everything in place, I also notice my system using an unusual amount of power when it reached the point of nasty, also when entering desktop using alt+tab. Oddly enough, that doesn't correlate with CPU usage at all, but the GPU does heat up. After some five minutes of waiting, I hit alt+f4.

When doing that, the final lines before the cleanup handler in the KSP.log look like this:

[LOG 17:40:14.509] Resource Default added to database
[LOG 17:40:14.509] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets
[LOG 17:40:14.515] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedSciencePowerSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500103'
[LOG 17:40:14.515] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedScienceExpSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500105'
[EXC 17:40:14.520] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Experienced on this:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.0.3140 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor  (16)
RAM: 16334
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4071MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0])

Is there anything else I can attempt or any additional data I can gather on my end?

Try this.

Step 1: Move to KSP GameFolder.

Step 2: Move to GameData/WarpPlugin/Plugins.

Step 3: ---Cut--- "Interstellar_Redist.dll", "Interstellar_Redist.pdb", "MiniAVC.dll" and move to GameData folder and paste files.

Step 4: Move to GameData/PhotonSail/Plugins.

Step 5: Delete "Interstellar_Redist.dll", "Interstellar_Redist.pdb", "MiniAVC.dll".

Running KSP 1.12.1.3142, KSPIE 1.28.12, and PhotonSailor 1.7.3 (CKAN managed)

This trouble started when I updated KSPIE, PhotonSailor, and other mods, and still running KSP 1.11, on 6/28, I tried updating KSP to 1.12 to see if that would fix the issue but it did not.

The Gigantor XL Solar Array no longer has the option for beamed power in my career game, the menu is completely gone. Diode Beamed Power Laser and Microwave Transducer DT-MW-TD-32x are available in VAB, but neither one has information about beamed power.

The log included:

[ERR 17:15:21.748] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'PhotonSail': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[ERR 17:15:21.751] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:15:21.751] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:15:21.763] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SEPScience.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:15:21.763] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SEPScience.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:15:21.791] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KSPInterstellar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

(error repeats multiple times)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Interstellar_Redist, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

(error repeats multiple times)

(much lower in the log)

[WRN 17:19:42.664] Part already contains  resource 'Megajoules'
[LOG 17:19:42.680] PartLoader: Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/PhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:19:42.680] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[WRN 17:19:42.690] DragCubeSystem: Part 'InlineWrappedPhasedArray' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 17:19:42.690] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'InlineWrappedPhasedArray'
[LOG 17:19:42.909] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/PhasedArray/phasedArray1/deployablePhasedArray/deployablePhasedArray'

[ERR 17:19:42.920] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'RectennaPowerReceiverPanel'
[ERR 17:19:42.920] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'PhasedArrayTransmitterTag'

[ERR 17:19:42.920] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'MicrowavePowerTransmitter'

[ERR 17:19:42.920] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'IntegratedBeamGenerator'

[ERR 17:19:42.920] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'BeamConfiguration'

"interstellar_redist" is not found in my \Steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program folder or sub folders, so I'm missing both the dll and the pbd file and unable to complete the suggested fix above.

"Interstellar_redist" is not listed under "Mod DLLs found:"

Sounds like I need to delete KSPIE and PhotonSailor and reinstall them from scratch, hoping that brings the correct DLL and PDB files?

ETA:

Purging and reloading the files from CKAN did not fix the issue.

I had to download the latest KSPIE manually, and copy all of the zip file's .dll files from /gamedata and /gamedata/WarpPlugin/Plugins into their respective directories.

Edited by Kharn

hm, the new squad update seems to have caused a DLL incompatibility, even with the version of KSPIE that CKAN downloaded for me today; 1.28.12 - is there a newer version available elsewhere that works with the latest KSP update?

EDIT: checked spacedock, looks like there is not; I will try it anyway, and, failing that, wait for the next KSPIE update ;)

Edited by ss8913

Make sure when reinstalling KSPIE, you remove Interstellar_Redist.dll from all Plugin folders (both WarpPlugin and PhtotonSailor) and it should only be present in the GameData folder

I also corrected the CKAN file for this change, you might have to reinstall it

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Make sure when reinstalling KSPIE, you remove Interstellar_Redist.dll from all Plugin folders (both WarpPlugin and PhtotonSailor) and it should only be present in the GameData folder

I also corrected the CKAN file for this change, you might have to reinstall it

I did the CKAN update to 1.28.13; I do not have an "Interstellar_Redist.dll" anywhere in my entire KSP folder (I did not remove it from anywhere, it just doesn't exist, period, anywhere, according to Windows file search and my own looking around).  I do not have a PhotonSailor path in my GameData folder at all, and the only DLL in WarpPlugin/Plugins is interstellar.dll

The interstellar DLL is still not loading, specifically says (per modulemanager) that it is not compatible with this version of KSP that Squad just pushed; I think it's KSP 1.12.1.

Since KSP 1.12 and KSP Interstellar Extended (I've tried on KSPIE 1.28.12 and 1.28.13...), it looks like some parts have lost their specific actions. For example, there is no more IXS Command Module action to open the door (this is quite problematic when you rely on this for AEV actions...), or options to manage the AI on Computer Core... quite annoying.

Any idea why this happens?

1 hour ago, Fructose38 said:

Since KSP 1.12 and KSP Interstellar Extended (I've tried on KSPIE 1.28.12 and 1.28.13...), it looks like some parts have lost their specific actions. For example, there is no more IXS Command Module action to open the door (this is quite problematic when you rely on this for AEV actions...), or options to manage the AI on Computer Core... quite annoying.

Any idea why this happens?

May be related to my problem above; I was testing on a different save after the module manager warning, but while some parts were still *visible*, their functional modules were not working due to the DLL not loading.  Or your issue could be something else entirely?  but, possibly the same thing.