Jump to content

KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread


Recommended Posts

 

12 hours ago, EpionOutcast said:

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this should be posted here, but I'm running KSPIE 1.26.7 on KSP 1.10.1.2939 and I'm having an issue with the Krusader Thermal Engine. Any chance someone else ran into this issue?

When I right click on the Krusader engine to change the propellant type, the box that shows is empty... I could had sworn last night I changed it, but not sure what happened. I did try updating fuel switcher but it turned into a huge mess. I had to reinstall all of my mods to fix the issue and to get my game back to how it is now.

Screenshot showing the propellant issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ri1pwi1hr3xvos/20210118185635_1.jpg?dl=0

Latest Player.log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhv8j5tq5x0t0yj/Latest_Player.log?dl=0

You need to connect the Krusader Thermal Engine to a thermal reactor  to make it work, otherwise it will not function

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EpionOutcast said:

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this should be posted here, but I'm running KSPIE 1.26.7 on KSP 1.10.1.2939 and I'm having an issue with the Krusader Thermal Engine. Any chance someone else ran into this issue?

When I right click on the Krusader engine to change the propellant type, the box that shows is empty... I could had sworn last night I changed it, but not sure what happened. I did try updating fuel switcher but it turned into a huge mess. I had to reinstall all of my mods to fix the issue and to get my game back to how it is now.

Screenshot showing the propellant issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ri1pwi1hr3xvos/20210118185635_1.jpg?dl=0

Latest Player.log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhv8j5tq5x0t0yj/Latest_Player.log?dl=0

Try again with a reactor. 

I realized it was alredy answered in the next page (this one). How do I delete this?

Edited by AntaresMC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having finally figured out how beardy made his condor craft, I'm now having an issue with overheating on reentry. BUT it's not atmospheric heating, the fusion reactors themselves are overheating and I can't figure out why. I believe I have enough radiators to dissipate that heat. but they still explode? is there something obvious I'm overlooking? Em3wrRv.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TomfooleryYT said:

Having finally figured out how beardy made his condor craft, I'm now having an issue with overheating on reentry. BUT it's not atmospheric heating, the fusion reactors themselves are overheating and I can't figure out why. I believe I have enough radiators to dissipate that heat. but they still explode? is there something obvious I'm overlooking? Em3wrRv.jpg

MOAR PRECOOLAHS. That or a ramjet nozzle

Edited by AntaresMC
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about to try that new DLL with the heat modeling... but before I do that, I found what I believe is the strangest bug I've ever seen in KSP.. and I think I've narrowed down the cause; bear with me here, as I'm not 100% convinced that this is the actual cause but it seems, to me, very likely:

I have 2 orbital stations, one at geostationary orbit, one at 250km. 
Both have the 3.75m computer core
Only the one at 250km has the *upgraded* computer core to be full AI, as it also has 2 of [this mod's] science labs attached to it.
If I dock a spaceplane to the geostationary station, I undock, fly away, all is well
If I dock a spaceplane to the lower station with the upgraded core and the research labs, and then undock, as soon as I exit the station's 2.3km physics bubble, both the spaceplane and the lower station accelerate instantly away from Kerbin at what looks to be a significant fraction of c (no alcubierre drives on these :) ).  The entire physics model just *breaks*.
If I set the spaceplane's periapsis at 100km while it's still within the station's physics bubble, then exit to the main menu, and reload the save, the problem does not occur.  A simple F5/F9 at this point does NOT fix the problem however.
This problem did not occur *before I updated the AI computer core*

Relevant log segment:

 

[ERR 18:05:16.042] Module ComputerCore threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FNPlugin.Powermanagement.WasteHeatResourceManager.update (System.Int64 counter) [0x0000e] in <cdfa5c0f4ca34a91a8ef3132925e9fd4>:0 
  at FNPlugin.Powermanagement.ResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x0014a] in <cdfa5c0f4ca34a91a8ef3132925e9fd4>:0 
  at FNPlugin.ComputerCore.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <cdfa5c0f4ca34a91a8ef3132925e9fd4>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 

[ERR 18:05:16.047] TimingFI threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform.get_position_Injected(UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Vector3&)
  at UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () [0x00000] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.DragCubeSetupAndPartAeroStats (Vessel v) [0x0010f] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.FixedUpdate () [0x00476] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.TimedFixedUpdate () [0x00015] in <1a5eb41924ae4dfca6d5042557592b79>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
  at TimingFI.FixedUpdate () [0x00023] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 

[EXC 18:05:16.051] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.set_position (UnityEngine.Vector3 value) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    Vessel.SetPosition (Vector3d position, System.Boolean usePristineCoords) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    Vessel.SetPosition (Vector3d position) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    FloatingOrigin.setOffset (Vector3d refPos, Vector3d nonFrame) (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    FloatingOrigin.FixedUpdate () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 18:05:16.067] KSS Insight Unloaded
[LOG 18:05:16.080] [RemoteTech] ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave
[EXC 18:05:16.082] NullReferenceException
    Vessel.Unload () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    Vessel.Update () (at <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[ERR 18:05:16.165] TimingPre threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform.set_position_Injected(UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Vector3&)
  at UnityEngine.Transform.set_position (UnityEngine.Vector3 value) [0x00000] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at Vessel.SetPosition (Vector3d position, System.Boolean usePristineCoords) [0x0009d] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at Vessel.SetPosition (Vector3d position) [0x00000] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at OrbitDriver.updateFromParameters (System.Boolean setPosition) [0x00272] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at OrbitDriver.updateFromParameters () [0x00000] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at OrbitDriver.UpdateOrbit (System.Boolean offset) [0x000fe] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at VesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) [0x000c0] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate.MainPhysics (System.Boolean doKillChecks) [0x00022] in <1a5eb41924ae4dfca6d5042557592b79>:0 
  at VesselPrecalculate.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularVesselPrecalculate.TimedFixedUpdate () [0x00015] in <1a5eb41924ae4dfca6d5042557592b79>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
  at TimingPre.FixedUpdate () [0x00023] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 

 

these messages are repeated a few times.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. First time poster here and new to the mod.

Something I'm trying to figure out. Some engines, such as the Z-pinch fusion engine, show a certain max thrust in VAB but have a different one in flight.  For example, the z-pinch fusion engine with liquid methane shows a max thrust of 16263.1kN in VAB but has max thrust of 257..4 kN in flight. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I'm missing to reach the VAB thrust or if I just totally misunderstand this mod.

Thanks!

Edited by The Credible Bulk
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Credible Bulk said:

Something I'm trying to figure out. Some engines, such as the Z-pinch fusion engine, show a certain max thrust in VAB but have a different one in flight.  For example, the z-pinch fusion engine with liquid methane shows a max thrust of 16263.1kN in VAB but has max thrust of 257..4 kN in flight. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I'm missing to reach the VAB thrust or if I just totally misunderstand this mod.

Thank for reporting this bug, I will fix it next release

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,
I've got problem with "Timberwind" Rotating Fluidized Bed Reactor Engine. I create vessel with command pod, tank with liquid fuel and the engine. On the launchpad I throttle engine to maximum and start stage and nothing happens. I tried to cycle fuel type, but didn't change anything. No sound or engine exhuast. No info about deltaV in Kerbal Engineer.
I noticed that when I add engine in VAB I have this exception:
 Module ThermalEngineController threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleEngines.Shutdown () [0x0004f] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at FNPlugin.Propulsion.ThermalEngineController.SetupPropellants (System.Int32 newFuelMode, System.Boolean forward, System.Boolean notifySwitching) [0x00280] in <cdfa5c0f4ca34a91a8ef3132925e9fd4>:0 
  at FNPlugin.Propulsion.ThermalEngineController.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x006f5] in <cdfa5c0f4ca34a91a8ef3132925e9fd4>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
 The log is in link https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfy99bap6ygzpbh/KSP.log?dl=0. I'm using KSP 1.11 and KSPI 1.26.15 downloaded using CKAN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Somewhat minor issue using beamed power. 

I set up a little test for beamed power using a pebble bed reactor, thermal generator and microwave transducer. Sat it inside physics range of the launchpad (not efficient I know, but it's just a test). Power transmits (~1GW, great). 

Set up a test rocket with just an inline thermal receiver attached to a Krusader plus propellant and essentials. It'll sit on the pad only receiving ~17MW of power (not enough). Figured it might need a booster, and straight after a tiny boost it receives a ton of power - great. 

Out of curiosity I clamped it a hundred feet or so up in the air. Same deal - 17MW of power received. Dropped it, and it started receiving power once it had fallen a little.

?

Seems like it's only receiving power once the craft moves a little bit. Do I need to move the transducer outside physics range for this to work correctly?

EDIT: KSP 1.11 and KSPIE 1.26.15

Edited by Kielm
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might be dumb. I cannot get liquid water out of Kerbin's oceans. I made a craft with an ISRU ELectrolyzer, a Universal Drill, and some water and hydrogen tanks.

I am getting IntakeLqd on the Universal Drill no problem. It fills up its 10/10 units and then stops. However, the water tanks do NOT begin filling.

The ISRU refinery processes the water that's in its resevoir when the craft is rendered, but after that's gone, it doesn't draw from the drill.

Basically, it seems the Universal drill is filling up with IntakeLqd but then not "converting" that to liquid water and it's not storing it in the tank(s) or the ISRU Electrolyzer's water storage.

Also tried this with atmospheric intakes that were put underwater and no luck there either. 

What am I doing wrong? trSnmyx.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, another headscratcher, this one's to do with the example above (beamed power transmitter at ground level). 

I can't seem to stop the reactors overheating when I switch back to the vessel. 

If I keep it in focus, it doesn't overheat. It'll run for days on end, no issues, max power. There's plenty of heat dissipation (I've tried up to 9GW on a reactor that outputs 2GW, plus the 4GW from the microwave transducer). No issues... until I go and do something else. As soon as I switch back to the vessel, the reactor is stuck in an overheating state (e.g. overheating 20%) and stays there. If I go back to the tracking station and let some time pass, then focus again the problem gets worse. Obviously the power is negatively impacted - I'm not sure if the overheating is supposed to reduce over time, but it doesn't appear to. 

The heck is going on?

https://imgur.com/a/tsYqdyu

Edited by Kielm
Added screenshots
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm having an issue with the reactors in the mod that I cannot wrap my head around. I'm playing in ksp 1.11 

I'm trying to use the pebble bed fission reactor to power an ssto (pictured below) but it is overheating on the runway immediately as the plane is spawned

o08WY04.pngPRosNQP.png

I am also trying to use the stellarator fission reactor and it only sometimes seems to throttle down when not in use. I have been unable to reproduce this issue except with certain reactor modes such as lithium6-helium3 fusion (though that may be intended?). Honestly at this point I can’t be sure if it ever happened at all

Also the thermal power generator is running at 46% efficiency even when on the runway with no power other than the idle usage from the stellarator reactor, is that intended? (pictured below)

fdFpavl.png

EDIT: And while I'm here how exactly does reactor embrittlement work?

Edited by ODSTjoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ODSTjoker said:

EDIT: And while I'm here how exactly does reactor embrittlement work?

Basicly its the absorbtion of neutron by the reactor itself  which causes tranmutation, resulting in the reactor turing slowly into radioactive waste. Besidea lower it performance, it lowers the resel value.  For nuclear fission reactor this effect is not that large but with Fusion Reactor this effect is much more noticable when using High Neutron fuel modes like D-T

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Basicly its the absorbtion of neutron by the reactor itself  which causes tranmutation, resulting in the reactor turing slowly into radioactive waste. Besidea lower it performance, it lowers the resel value.  For nuclear fission reactor this effect is not that large but with Fusion Reactor this effect is much more noticable when using High Neutron fuel modes like D-T

And in the game, can embrittlement be reduced, like can an engineer "repair" the reactor?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ODSTjoker said:

And in the game, can embrittlement be reduced, like can an engineer "repair" the reactor?

right now, no. but perhaps in the future we could with fusion reactors when deactivated. The recent addition of storage is promissing, as it would allow the store a spare reactor parts which could be installed by engeneer.

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/1/2021 at 7:39 PM, ODSTjoker said:

Hi, I'm having an issue with the reactors in the mod that I cannot wrap my head around. I'm playing in ksp 1.11 

I'm trying to use the pebble bed fission reactor to power an ssto (pictured below) but it is overheating on the runway immediately as the plane is spawned

o08WY04.pngPRosNQP.png

I am also trying to use the stellarator fission reactor and it only sometimes seems to throttle down when not in use. I have been unable to reproduce this issue except with certain reactor modes such as lithium6-helium3 fusion (though that may be intended?). Honestly at this point I can’t be sure if it ever happened at all

Also the thermal power generator is running at 46% efficiency even when on the runway with no power other than the idle usage from the stellarator reactor, is that intended? (pictured below)

fdFpavl.png

EDIT: And while I'm here how exactly does reactor embrittlement work?

About your first overheating issue, you need more mass flow, so more intakes and precoolers. A radiator or two to tank the first seconds with barely any intake air helps.

Then, fusion reactors need power to self sustain, and MJ can be turned to electricity, so it might be a mix of those.

About the  thermal generator, its efficiency is maxEff×(1-coreTemp/radTemp), you have very little rads, so efficiency is gonna be low even at low power usage, and nuke reactors cant throttle below 20% I think

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...