KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Looks like we may need to add UraniumNitride (used in the PebbleBed reactor) to the list of materials we need ISRU for. I don't see a way to process it yet.

What would it be processed from that is available? Like Uranium 233 I'll just cheat some up, but I do like to make sure I have the prerequisites first so I'm not *really* cheating...

36 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well its your creation, so I will add it under your name

if you're gonna do that, can you also show the fully built craft? here's a picture. Also, give The BeardyPenguin some credit, it's based off of his vehicle and he helped troubleshoot. Thanks!

AiMtzQ3.jpeg

Edited by TomfooleryYT

I tried to search, I can't find anything about this problem. Please let me know if this is a repeated question.

I am using the latest KSPIE 1.26.17, though this problem has been there for several versions. I am using Linux KSP 64 version.

When I am using the alcubierre drive from the mod in SPH or VAB, whenever I select the drive, no matter if I put the part onto the ship or not, it introduces significant lag into the game.  However, when I launch the ship, the drive works normally and the lag is gone. It happens to all three alcubierre drives that came with the mod. As far as I can tell  these three drive parts are the only parts that will introduces the lag.  When I inspect the player.log, it has been scammed by below repeated errors:

(Filename: <4fbd77d818814f67af46f475eef9a9a9> Line: 0)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FNPlugin.Propulsion.AlcubierreDrive.Update () [0x0001f] in <4fbd77d818814f67af46f475eef9a9a9>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Hello,

I've been playing KSB vanilla for some time and decided to install some good mods, especially KSPIE which seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

I have just a simple question : how do I properly rescale my game to 10X?? I'm confused here with Kopernicus and the config files. Which one to use? What do I have to download to make the game 10X?

I'm running KSP 1.11 by the way

@Factor_X Would this mod work?

It is basically a config pack for Sigma dimensions which allows you to rescale planets (including 10x). Not sure if it will work on 1.11 but it’s worth a shot (just make sure you use kopernicus bleeding edge). If it doesn’t work you can always revert to 1.10 and download KIS for inventory. 

Edited by Daedalus3000

6 hours ago, Daedalus3000 said:

@Factor_X Would this mod work?

It is basically a config pack for Sigma dimensions which allows you to rescale planets (including 10x). Not sure if it will work on 1.11 but it’s worth a shot (just make sure you use kopernicus bleeding edge). If it doesn’t work you can always revert to 1.10 and download KIS for inventory. 

I found something great.

I installed Galaxy Unbound - Stellar Odyssey along with KSPIE (it's a recommended mod). I'm testing it right now. It can rescale to 12x using RTB Kopernicus (https://github.com/R-T-B/kopernicus/releases).

Plus it adds a dozen of new solar systems to explore. Perfect fit for KSPIE

The only problem I have is this horrible flickering glitch. Planetary rings and orbital lines are flickering like crazy. I suppose it's because of the rescale and nothing can be done about it.

42 minutes ago, Factor_X said:

I have a  question Are the contract packs and the configurator compatible with KSPIE?

And how do contracts work in KSPIE anyway ? Are they modified or is it the same as the stock version?

They are not conflicting in any way, but most contract pack do not had interstellar in mind when developed

I wonder how this great mod work with TAC Life Support?

For now, I'm using Kerbal Health as the life support system. It's a great mod, but I would prefer to replace it by TAC Life support which is closer to real life.

I know that the mod adds some new parts to haul the food, water, oxygen, etc....and do some other stuff.

My question is : does it play well with KSPIE? If someone who's using both KSPIE and TAC could give me a feedback that would be great.

17 hours ago, Factor_X said:

I wonder how this great mod work with TAC Life Support?

For now, I'm using Kerbal Health as the life support system. It's a great mod, but I would prefer to replace it by TAC Life support which is closer to real life.

I know that the mod adds some new parts to haul the food, water, oxygen, etc....and do some other stuff.

My question is : does it play well with KSPIE? If someone who's using both KSPIE and TAC could give me a feedback that would be great.

In previous game/mod version it worked great. The oxygen (gas) resource can be used interchangeably between the two where you can convert between gas to lq (for fuel) as needed. The reverse process will save you volume in storage. in KSPIE ISRU processes produce lqO2 directly,  so you'll need storage for that. KSPIE will use O2 in gas phase also for some ISRU chemistry to produce other fuels or becomes a byproduct. In any case, KSPIE can be used to replenish your Oxygen life support supplies in a mission. The sticky point is water, where you would have had to convert between lqd water in kspie to water for Tac. I believe the intent was to insulate water for fuel to water for life support - so a water based engines wouldn't consume a life support resource. In recent game versions, there is clean water for life support and I don't know at present how the conversion works between lqwater, water (prob used by other mods) and clean water. But I'll find out soonish I guess - someone else or freethinker himself knows. As long as you don't have/need to use those resources interchangeably there should be no conflict. Just remember that Tac (especially water) and for large ships/crews for extended missions, will add significant tonnage to your mass and will reduce your dV.

Edited by pp3d

KSPIE gives you the option to create lqwater with the Reverse Water Gas Shift process (using hydrogen and CO2) but you got to eitther do it on a surface or by doing shallow passes over an. atmosphere rich in them.. One way to reduce the need for water is not to take as much and use a water recycle part provided by TAC

Edited by pp3d

I tried to do reprocessing of fuel and refuelling reactors for the first time and ran into a wall.

1) (OK, this is an IFS issue, not a KSPIE one but they are connected.) I can't seem to transfer resources between two IFS Radioactive Fuel Containers. To make things really simple I created a clean install of KSP 1.11.1 on MacOS with IFS and KSPIE installed via CKAN along with their dependencies. As you can see, with both containers set to DepletedUranium; the transfer buttons don't show.

rFcm9oQ.png

2) Testing with the Liquid Metal Cooled Reactor to remove Actinides. I've got Bill Kerban as an engineer to shutdown the reactor (sandbox mode) but no transfer buttons appear either when Bill's in EVA or, as shown, when he's not. I tried a number of combinations but nothing doing.

yOtCK7N.jpg

What am I missing or what might I try next to find the problem? Is this purely an IFS problem?

On 2/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, Mandella said:

Looks like we may need to add UraniumNitride (used in the PebbleBed reactor) to the list of materials we need ISRU for. I don't see a way to process it yet.

What would it be processed from that is available? Like Uranium 233 I'll just cheat some up, but I do like to make sure I have the prerequisites first so I'm not *really* cheating...

UN is made with UF4 and NH3. U233 has to be cheated or bought fromthe VAB

Hi.

I really love this mod. It's the first time I try to run a heavily modded KSP. I've played a lot the stock version and it was fun until I got bored. And KSPIE is great for that. It gave me a new interest in the game. A new purpose. It made me come back!

Now my favourite part in the game is building ships. I just love to create and be innovative with my ships designs. I can spent hours in the VAB. Litteraly.

But I feel I'd like more parts in my tech tree. Just to be able to create really original designs.

And I learned about the NFT mods, which seem to be very popular. And I noticed in this forum a lot of players where using them along KSPIE. Plus I found some NFT patches in the WarPlugin folder

My question is : which NFT parts would you recommend ? I'm looking for something that would play nicely with KSPIE. Even maybe complement the beast.

My opinion for now is to go with all the NFT parts (solar panels, launch vehicles, aeronautics etc....)....... except the propulsion and electrical parts, which seem to conflict with KSPIE's main purpose and functions. What do you think? :)