Jump to content

KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Factor_X said:

Hello,

really I have a noob question as a player. I noticed there are lot of updates right now for KSPIE. With bugfixes and upgrades all over the place. And I'm really happy this mod is so alive

I have a career save with 130 mods (KSPIE included of course) and 200 hours of fantastic play time. And it's amazing. Everything works as expected, and I haven't experienced any single bug (true! you can believe me).  Thanks mostly to the amazing CKAN and modulemanager.

My question Is it safe to update such a big mod as KSPIE mid-playthrough?

I mean how does it work generally with updating mods? Should I stick with the versions at the time I started my career? Or do I update?

In general I try keep to back wards compatible unless its was marked as obsolete for a long time. In case you continue to use obsolete parts, ksp will warn you if the part has been removed from the mod, giving you the opertunity to load an older version or manual copy the missing files into the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 12:12 AM, VCamProbe said:

Is the blanket photovoltaic solar receiver a giant solar panel or just a receiver for power from power stations?

Yes, it works in pure solar-panel mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: It's not just my entry level FissionReactor component. Apparently all my thermal generators are busted.

Not only will my thermal generators not make megawatts, the Molten Salt Reactor has a bunch of dubious controls that don't seem to do anything. :/

RyaFxWH.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 10:19 PM, FreeThinker said:

It cannot do that for for foreign parts.. You would need to add a fuel pump to the Whirligig Nuclear Reprocessor. (read fueltransfer partmodule )

This transfer process is obviously different to the mechanism for the IFS tanks, which use the standard fuel/resource transfer mechanism, transfer priorities and all. Hence, anything but a reactor from KSPIE is a 'foreign' part. So, I first took the naive step of looking for a fuel pump in the VAB, which I couldn't find.

Therefore, I take your comment to mean that, if I wanted to transfer fuel or waste from the Reprocessor to anything foreign, like an IFS Radioactive Fuel Container, I would need to edit the config file for it to include a fueltransfer partmodule. Having done a reasonable amount of that sort of thing before, I went looking for other instances to see how this is done. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that seemed directly related to fuel transfer, nor where to place such a thing.

Please correct me if I have got anything wrong and could I perhaps have another nudge in the right direction? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HuubinNZ said:

This transfer process is obviously different to the mechanism for the IFS tanks, which use the standard fuel/resource transfer mechanism, transfer priorities and all. Hence, anything but a reactor from KSPIE is a 'foreign' part. So, I first took the naive step of looking for a fuel pump in the VAB, which I couldn't find.

Therefore, I take your comment to mean that, if I wanted to transfer fuel or waste from the Reprocessor to anything foreign, like an IFS Radioactive Fuel Container, I would need to edit the config file for it to include a fueltransfer partmodule. Having done a reasonable amount of that sort of thing before, I went looking for other instances to see how this is done. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that seemed directly related to fuel transfer, nor where to place such a thing.

Please correct me if I have got anything wrong and could I perhaps have another nudge in the right direction? 

Yes you are correct. I will add a patch next release which will add the partmodule to several parts

Link to post
Share on other sites

My timewarp keeps getting interrupted by the message "Ran out of fuel for Nuclear Salt Water".

My ship is using the nuclear salt water rocket, but I've disabled the engines production of NSW, since I don't have any containers on board for liquid water, brought all the required fuel in tanks.

I can timewarp all day from tracking station, but is there a way to stop the interruptions from direct ship control?

Thanks in advance! 

Edit: Additional question, when modules are upgraded, does that also upgrade modules on current vessels, or is there some way to upgrade them in space/wherever they are?

Don't want to scrap my whole Kerbin station because I upgraded the reactor

Edited by Shawarmakriger
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 12:20 PM, Shawarmakriger said:

Edit: Additional question, when modules are upgraded, does that also upgrade modules on current vessels, or is there some way to upgrade them in space/wherever they are?

Don't want to scrap my whole Kerbin station because I upgraded the reactor

Currently they are autoamaticly upgraded when a tech is unlocked. In the future It will require an skilled engineer to do it.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:20 PM, Shawarmakriger said:

I can timewarp all day from tracking station, but is there a way to stop the interruptions from direct ship control?

The engine need fuel the operate. Instead of a single burn you probably need to do several short burns

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 5:16 PM, FreeThinker said:

The engine need fuel the operate. Instead of a single burn you probably need to do several short burns

But I do have fuel for the engine (in reconfigured OPT tanks). I just ended up doing manual shutdown on the reactor when it's not in use, a bit of a hassle but it works.

And why do I need to do shorter burns? I easily have enough TWR for basically any maneuvers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shawarmakriger said:

But I do have fuel for the engine (in reconfigured OPT tanks). I just ended up doing manual shutdown on the reactor when it's not in use, a bit of a hassle but it works.

And why do I need to do shorter burns? I easily have enough TWR for basically any maneuvers

What ever works for you I just though you had a fuel capacity issue. A  valid stratagy is to only bring NSW mixes and Liquid Water in orbit and only mix them when needed for limited bursts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey KSPIE friends!  Back in the game again and doing a new save.

Just reached Tokamak level!  Can anyone share some screenshots of builds with the tokamak.  I remember my last go around I never really got it working right, and I rushed the Mag Target Fusion reactor and used that to power SSTO's.  I'd really love to try something different this time.

I need to do Duna and Ike now for Science so they are next on my hit lists.  Thanks in advance!

 

@FreeThinker Glad to see you are still championing the mod man!  I've noticed little changes here and there and it still plays great!  Thank you for such an amazing work!  I haven't played in about a year.  What would you say is the best new addition I should check out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@FreeThinker couple things with the latest version, at least, the latest version before 1.11.2 dropped ... so I built a warpship capable of at least 1000c, and headed out to the Vulture system (great planet/system mod with Kopernicus, btw).. entering/leaving warp (usually leaving), will, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time, cause the ship to just explode;  however in my install, some other things also do that, so I don't think it's a KSPIE thing., but thought I'd mention it just in case.  The real issue that is definitely a KSPIE issue:  The craft in question had a large warp ring, powered by the... shoot I forget the name, it's the antimatter reactor that looks like the star trek warp core.  I brought along antimatter and hydrogen, as is proper for that reactor... I did a tour of the Vulture system and returned to Kerbin, at speeds up to 1000c each way... I checked my resource panel.. I had used absolutely no antimatter nor hydrogen.  I recall this used to work, and it seems like a bug that no antimatter was consumed by what's clearly an antimatter reactor, especially with the amount of power it must have generated to power that trip...?

Also, the winged edge graphene radiators are now exhibiting the following behavior:

1. If turned on, inside an atmosphere, they will immediately break/explode
2. Even when turned off, gliding back down to KSP with little to no thrust, these radiators will overheat and explode - I recall you fixing this in a side-update once before, but I guess it didn't make it into the mainline code?  The "instantly breaks when enabled in atmosphere" is definitely new/recent behavior, however.  I've taken to making an action key to enable/disable them manually to avoid that, but.. seems like strange behavior since their aerodynamic profile doesn't change - and they're definitely ripping off, they collide with other parts when this happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Seasickwasd said:

When I downloaded KSPIE then load up the game, the loading gets stuck on the ablative laser nozzle. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

the CKAN idea that flyguybc posted is a good one.  Failing that, force close KSP at the point it hangs, go to the KSP folder, open KSP.log, and look at the end of it, you might get some helpful information there;  if you're unsure, posting a segment of that log (not the whole thing, for the love of Jebediah, it's huge), may help.5552

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, can someone help me understand what's going wrong here? I have a beamed power station on the surface of Kerbin transmitting 1GW far infrared to this probe. which is receiving about 38MW.  However, the ELF Plasma thruster on this ship is only requesting 6.6MW, even though the VAB states an engine of this size (.625m) has a max power request of 93.8MW.

Why isn't the engine using all 38MW I have available? 

Screenshots here. I couldn't figure out how to include them in the post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Galathrim said:

Hello, can someone help me understand what's going wrong here? I have a beamed power station on the surface of Kerbin transmitting 1GW far infrared to this probe. which is receiving about 38MW.  However, the ELF Plasma thruster on this ship is only requesting 6.6MW, even though the VAB states an engine of this size (.625m) has a max power request of 93.8MW.

Why isn't the engine using all 38MW I have available? 

Screenshots here. I couldn't figure out how to include them in the post.

I see there is a large percentage of wasteheat build up, this causes the engine and rectenna to decrease its maximum capacity. Make sure you add sufficient amount of radiators to  increase engine performance

9 hours ago, pp3d said:

EnUr : Can it be transferred? 

yes

F2MVVnt.png

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I see there is a large percentage of wasteheat build up, this causes the engine and rectenna to decrease its maximum capacity. Make sure you add sufficient amount of radiators to  increase engine performance

I added 12 wrapper radiators here but the performance is the same, even with very low wasteheat accumulation. Does the performance decrease as wasteheat accumulates, or instantly as it exceeds available radiation capacity?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Galathrim said:

I added 12 wrapper radiators here but the performance is the same, even with very low wasteheat accumulation. Does the performance decrease as wasteheat accumulates, or instantly as it exceeds available radiation capacity?

Its variable

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 6:19 AM, FreeThinker said:

I see there is a large percentage of wasteheat build up, this causes the engine and rectenna to decrease its maximum capacity. Make sure you add sufficient amount of radiators to  increase engine performance

yes

F2MVVnt.png

@FreeThinker see below--- 
p5UfbwC.jpeg

Just now, pp3d said:

@FreeThinker see below--- 
p5UfbwC.jpeg

umm. - perhaps not to a reactor... i'll. wait for your comment

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pp3d said:

@FreeThinker see below--- 
p5UfbwC.jpeg

umm. - perhaps not to a reactor... i'll. wait for your comment

jxqhfW0.pngupdate: i did a version upgrade to the latest KSPIE, and now I get the resource priority slide. And I can perform maintenance to refill a reactor. I still don't know how to move the resource between their storage containers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You need a Nuclear Fuel Processor to do that. It will basicly replace the actinies with fresh fuel

PW5Vlxm.png

Edit: this works , but there is currenly a bug preventing the Actinide being transfered from the Nuclear Fuel Processor to the storage tank

 

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of your mod.  I have been having some frame rate issues in several different game installs and I think this mod may be the source.  I did a fresh install of 1.11.2 and installed only KSP-IE and required mods through ckan: Interstellar fuel switch core 3.25, KSP IE 1.26.26, Module Manager 4.1.4, and Tweakscale 2.4.4.5.  KSP will then hang on the loading screen.  The last section of the log is where it hangs:

 

[LOG 20:06:43.518] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Radiators/ActiveCoolingSystem/ActiveCoolingSystem/activeCoolingSystemv3'
[ERR 20:06:43.522] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ERR 20:06:43.522] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ERR 20:06:43.522] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAtm
[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAtm
[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeLqd
[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeLqd
[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'WasteHeat
[WRN 20:06:43.530] Could not create PartResource of type 'WasteHeat
[EXC 20:06:43.626] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleResourceIntake.GetInfo () (at <dc0e5f458c0f4571ad839b9c4153f347>:0)
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (AvailablePart newPartInfo, Part part) (at <dc0e5f458c0f4571ad839b9c4153f347>:0)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () (at <dc0e5f458c0f4571ad839b9c4153f347>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

The entire log is here.

 

I do have some other game installs that will start up KSP, but my frame rate will plummet as soon as I exit Kerbin atmosphere, between 5 and <1.  It spams the logs with the exception above.  My beyond home save does this but has a more extensive mod list.  Log file is here.

 

At this point,  it's beyond my  ability to troubleshoot.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thank you in advance!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

You need a Nuclear Fuel Processor to do that. It will basicly replace the actinies with fresh fuel

PW5Vlxm.png

Edit: this works , but there is currenly a bug preventing the Actinide being transfered from the Nuclear Fuel Processor to the storage tank

 

to me it looks like the same bug prevents Actinides to be "transferred" between a reactor to a container,  besides just between the reprocessor and the container. same bug may be preventing EnUr to be transferred to the reactor slot from a container. If all are connected, yeah, reprocessing the actinides will refill those EnUr slots everywhere it can. For a game play, one needs to be able to either remove actinides to be transfered to another facility or transfer EnUr from a facility to ship/station etc... otherwise all must colocated on the same vessel for this to work

Edited by pp3d
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...