EXPERT QUESTION: How to close windows?

Hi,

I have heard Kerbal is the most difficult, unintuitive and hardest game to learn ever and I wanted to give it a try.

Now I opened a window with a right click (that weird goo container) and uhm.... how to close it? I CANT! I tried everything. Pressed every key, clicked everywhere, but I can only drag and pin it. I can't close it! I have now spend 30 minutes trying to close this window, but the only way I found is reloading a save game!

This is REALLY the hardest game I have ever played.

Please help me! I want to see at least a bit more of it before I give up on this game!

To summarize the above answers:

Right clicking a part (In both the VAB/SPH and in flight) will usually open a window.   In the top right of that window is a button that is in the same position that an [X] button for Windows would have.  Clicking that button will prevent the window from closing again.  You can tell if it's clicked because it will look depressed (pushed in, not :( ).  If you right click any where else, that window will close.   You can open multiple windows by alt-r clicking. 

The experiment in question has a unique mechanic to it where it opens up after it's being used.  You need either a scientist to close it for you on EVA, or a science lab to clean it. 

If you check the tutorials section, there are a lot of good beginners guides that will answer a lot of the basic game play mechanics questions you might have.  Also try the wiki. 

Edited by Gargamel

Normally right-clicking somewhere else closes them, but there's a bug that sometimes leaves windows dangling. Switching to the map view and back ought to clear it.

If that's not helping, there's probably something wrong with your installation. Uninstall any mods you may have installed and verify your local game files with Steam.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.