[1.2.x - 1.4.x] Re-purposed Structural Panels

DoctorDavinci

Re-purposed Structural Panels

This is a simple parts mod that uses the transparent/invisible Aircraft Armor models from DCK Aircraft Armor

Re-textured to be made visible and added DCK texture switching support

The Structural Panels show up in the Structural Category

No conflicts with DCK Aircraft Armor (can both be installed)

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/StructuralPanels/releases

Licensed under GPLv3

jxvSI9D.png

O10X9fh.png

2 hours ago, Mihara said:

An equilateral triangle structural part. Where have you been yesterday? :)

lol ... These parts have been around since last summer/fall ... They were just transparent/Invisible as the were originally made to act as armor inspired by the personal body shields in Dune

I've been asked numerous times to make them visible and usable as structural panels but only managed to get around to it yesterday

I'll probably add more sizes and also add a tweakscale patch :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I've been asked numerous times to make them visible and usable as structural panels but only managed to get around to it yesterday

There are some strange artifacts on the edges when I do tweakscale them: They become partially invisible, depending on the distance from camera -- at least in the editor.

18 minutes ago, Mihara said:

There are some strange artifacts on the edges when I do tweakscale them: They become partially invisible, depending on the distance from camera -- at least in the editor.

This is due to the way the parts were imported into unity ... Their purpose was to be either transparent or invisible and used as armor plating on vessels which is why the texture could become transparent itself when tweakscaling

If you change the attach rules in the part config to make them able to be the first part of the craft they will be transparent as well if they are placed as the first part ... not much I can do about that though without redoing the models which I don't know how to do (@SpannerMonkey(smce) made them for me)

The curved panels also were imported into unity in a way that makes aero forces not really affect them, kind of like they have a slippery surface type deal

So a few minor issues with them hence the name ... Re-purposed Structural Panels :wink:

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, AdrianK. said:

Hi, this a very nice mod which I really enjoy and I have not found any issues with it yet. I only wonder if there is any chance of updating this mod with a tweakscale patch? 

This can be done although you could just add an mm patch to add tweakscale to the parts .... gimme a few and I'll put something together for you

Hi all ..... (paging @AdrianK.)

Re-purposed Structural Panels update incoming .........

Added TweakScale Patch to all panels
Models have been re-imported through unity to fix the artifacts at the edges of the parts (courtesy of @SpannerMonkey(smce))

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/StructuralPanels/releases/tag/v0.0.1.1

Enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.