Kerbal views not appearing

Snotty

I just downloaded ksp 1.4 and now in the command pod in the bottom right hand corner my kerbal view doesn’t show up. 

It works for every command pod except the apollo style one. I have tried uninstalling the game.

Edited by Snotty
Wrong thing

1 hour ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Kerbal view worked fine for me in 1.4 after I transferred my 1.3.0 save.  Wonder what's different?

You are still using the old command pod.  It's still in the game, just hidden and used so older builds don't break.

9 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

You are still using the old command pod.  It's still in the game, just hidden and used so older builds don't break.

Yes, I am.  If there's an issue with the new Mk. 1-3 not showing the boarded Kerbals, that's a part specific bug.  Not sure how that one pod would fail to show the Kerbals, when other crewed parts appear to work okay (I docked with a station that had crew in a cupola and Hitchhiker and transferred crew, got the correct redisplays on docking and undocking).

Okay, I replaced the Mk. 1-2 command pod in a couple of my 2.5 m rockets (one rescue vessel, one that carries tourists to LKO) with Mk. 1-3 -- and I confirm the bug with crew images not appearing (by default, in the lower right corner of the game window).  This would be a minor concern, except that it prevents sending a Kerbal on EVA, looking at a Kerbal's stats while in flight, and checking who's in a command pod when it's docked to a station.  In the last case, only Kerbals actually in station parts show images; those in the command pod don't show -- transfer a Kerbal from the station to the pod, and their portrait vanishes.  Transfer one back (they do still show in the Transfer Crew dialog, at least) and they appear; previously, all the Kerbals in the station and any docked pods would show, with arrows to scroll right and left if they don't all show in the window.

I've downloaded 1.4.1, but haven't installed it yet, based on reports that it appears to be even buggier than 1.4.0.

Look like for now, because of the obvious advantages of the Mk. 1-3 (lighter, built-in -- if limited -- RCS, increased battery capacity, crew hatch on the side I expect it to be on instead of the "bottom"), there'll be a mix of Mk. 1-2 and Mk. 1-3 command pods in my fleet, depending on the job they're expected to do, since I can't install Making History (and get its Apollo capsule) without installing 1.4.1.

Since this appears to be a part-specific bug, I'm not going to revert from 1.4.0 to 1.3.0 at this time -- there are other parts I've gained that will be helpful, even though I'm only about  halfway up the tech tree in my career.  Sure seems like a beta testing and bug fixing failure in the new release, though.

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

1.4.1 adds the correct internal file for the Mk1-3, it was missing in 1.4. This is a well known issue with 1.4.

I have a mod that fixes it; I've marked it as defunct since the problem has been solved by Squad now, but if you are going to stay on 1.4 for a bit I suppose you could still make use of it?

It's in my sig.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Yep, I went ahead and installed 1.4.1 and MH in a clean folder, and (IMO) they work pretty well.  And yes, the Kerbal View bug is fixed.  Even with MH having more than doubled what I've paid for the game (I got 1.2.2 on a special, under $14), this is still the best money I've spent on entertainment, EVER.