[1.10.x, others] Drop-in Replacement Textures v1.10.0.0

Cydonian Monk

• 1 year later...

DiRT version 1.10.0.0 is now available on GitHubhttps://github.com/cydonian-monk/KSP-DiRT/releases/tag/1.10.0.0

Change Log:
- Recompile against KSP v1.10.0.
- That's it.

Strictly speaking this update really isn't needed, and DiRT from 1.8.0 seems to work just fine in KSP 1.9.x and 1.10.x (at least on PC). I really just wanted to bump the version file and push out a clean rebuild. If anyone needs a version of this built specifically against KSP v1.9.x (unlikely), let me know and I'll set you up with one.

Cheers, and good health.

• 2 months later...
Just now, therealcrow999 said:

@Cydonian MonkDoes this mod do Navball? If it does, will it do IVA Emissive texture as well?

No, no NavBall support. All this plugin does is swap one texture file for another. I've not looked at the NavBall replacement code in a couple years, so that's not fresh in my memory, but I remember there was something peculiar about it that caused a simple texture swap to fail. (Maybe that something was emissive textures....)

I'm not sure about the emissive texture question. Can't say that I've ever tried. I'm not at all familiar with how Unity, KSP, etc, handle them. If they're like bump maps and just a texture file that end up with a unique name which is then used as a transform on a model, then replacing the texture file might work? If they're fully baked-into the models, then no. It certainly wouldn't be able to add new emissives - they would already need to exist in the object in question in order to replace them. 

4 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

No, no NavBall support. All this plugin does is swap one texture file for another. I've not looked at the NavBall replacement code in a couple years, so that's not fresh in my memory, but I remember there was something peculiar about it that caused a simple texture swap to fail. (Maybe that something was emissive textures....)

I'm not sure about the emissive texture question. Can't say that I've ever tried. I'm not at all familiar with how Unity, KSP, etc, handle them. If they're like bump maps and just a texture file that end up with a unique name which is then used as a transform on a model, then replacing the texture file might work? If they're fully baked-into the models, then no. It certainly wouldn't be able to add new emissives - they would already need to exist in the object in question in order to replace them. 

Thanks for reply. I use to use

I guess I will give that a go, no one maintains it now. I just get lucky once in a while and someone recompile it. That mod was made way back, KSP later on did some things to Navball, gave use the ability to change size and placement. So I do not know how that will affect it. Well thanks for your help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.