lost of WSADQE

hi all

i ve downloaded 1.4 and tried to play without mods: i have a problem with the defaut keys, for example the well known WSADQE keys for flight control added with Z full throttle and X zero throttle...

before i had the 1.2.2 version of ksp and everything was fine with WSADQE + Z + X working just fine.

now the keyboard reacts as he was a QWERTY keyboard but I still have an AZERTY keyboard (French standard) ! I need to cheat the cpu making him believe I have a QWERTY keyboard and then i recover the former location of usual keys, but pressing on where QWERTY's W and X would be for full/zero throttle instead of usual Z and X, ...

was this bug ever reported with the new 1.4 version of ksp and do you have a solution that differs from cheating the cpu, i.e. recovering normal keys on my keyboard ?

thanks

Edited by Chumpes

• 1 month later...

HI

topic up since the problem still exists and no answer was ever provided.

reminder :

before 1.4 : no problem with my french keyboard, used to type out on the "M" key for map, "Z" for full throttle and "X" key for zero throttle, "]" for switching ships...

with 1.4 : problem with my french keyboard that is not recognized any more, I have to type out on the "W" key for full throttle (where Z is on american keyboards), I have to type on "," key for map (where M is on american keyboards), and I don't know where the key for switching ships is (where is "]" on american keyboards ?)

partial and unsatisfactory solution that I found : cheat the cpu by pretending I have a qwerty keyboard, usefull for recovering the usual locations of fligth controls (ex: W still to use for full throttle but now in the place of where Z is on the french keyboard), but difficult because no reference to the actual help manual can be made and other keys in the help manual remain FALSE.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Don't know if this may help but...

In the game settings, in the "Input" tab, there's a place there where you can switch the keyboard layout.. It may have detected a wrong layout...

Don't know if  the game bases it on the OS's location, but a similar thing happened to me, the keybindings where all weird and I noticed KSP set my layout as a Brazilian keyboard (which matches my OS's locale), although I have a US-International keyboard (correctly configured in Windows)

Check your language settings in Windows. You may have the wrong keyboard layout selected. My computer came with US + French layouts and if you press shift + ctrl or something like that it switches keyboard layouts. 

Easiest thing to do is to delete all the keyboard layouts you don’t need except for one, then reboot and see if things are goodbye. 

However if this is the problem, it will be extremely noticeable while typing outside of the game as well, because some of the keys become different. 

Edited by MechBFP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.