Store purchase, Steam, and the April 30th date

-RanZ-

20 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

What if you bought the game before April 30th and transferred to steam later?

If your copy say Early Adopters you should be getting it.  If not than you will have to email them your info from the KSP store.  But I would give it a bit, seems that they are having an issue with this part of the release since a lot of people are still asking about it.  You can look up your game version in steam via Steam "Account Details >View License and Product Activation History" if you transferred.   

If you bought it on steam look under  Steam Account Details > purchase History.

4 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Ah. Bought it on Dec 3, 2013... so no, right?

Just want a confirmation before I pay money.

No the cutoff date is April of 2013. It will say Early Adopters in steam.

Edited by malkuth

2 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Ah. Bought it on Dec 3, 2013... so no, right?

Just want a confirmation before I pay money.

It will show up as "Kerbal Space Program" otherwise. Bought a copy for my brother in Nov '14, and mine on day 1 of Steam launch in March '13. Two different titles.

Yeah, you'll have to buy it.

Upside, you'll play it before I do c:

4 minutes ago, malkuth said:

If your copy say Early Adopters you should be getting it.  If not than you will have to email them your info from the KSP store.  But I would give it a bit, seems that they are having an issue with this part of the release since a lot of people are still asking about it.  You can look up your game version in steam via Steam Account Details >View License and Product Activation History. 

No the cutoff date is April of 2013. It will say Early Adopters in steam.

I bought the game in 2012, so I know I qualify for the free DLC, I was just hoping it would magically show up without having to email support. I have a hard time believing this is the best Squad\Take Two can do. :(

2 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

I bought the game in 2012, so I know I qualify for the free DLC, I was just hoping it would magically show up without having to email support. I have a hard time believing this is the best Squad\Take Two can do. :(

Like I said you might want to wait.  I have not received the free copy either.  They might be just having some technical difficulties.  And I purchased in 12/2012 and it says Early Adopters on my steam transfer.. So I'm guessing its an issue right now.   You must remember  before we transferred to Steam the waiting we had to do when .19 hit, .20, etc.. One of the main reasons I transferred to steam was because of the wait on the KSP store.

Actually talked to Some of the support staff about a month ago about this and they had to do some vodoo to make this work for us Transfer Guys.. I'm guessing the voodoo wasn't good enough. :)

Edited by malkuth

It might be just a steam related issue or incorrect set of parameters for steam keys from T2/Squad.

Same issue happened in my previous workplace, so I guess that this could happened also to other companies. :D

I hope that they will fix it shortly. :wink:

Yeah, they posted a bad redeem link in the steam announcement about the DLC, and seem to be ignoring all of the comments. So I wouldn't be surprised people are confused. 

9 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Like I said you might want to wait.  I have not received the free copy either.  They might be just having some technical difficulties.  And I purchased in 12/2012 and it says Early Adopters on my steam transfer.. So I'm guessing its an issue right now.   You must remember  before we transferred to Steam the waiting we had to do when .19 hit, .20, etc.. One of the main reasons I transferred to steam was because of the wait on the KSP store.

Actually talked to Some of the support staff about a month ago about this and they had to do some vodoo to make this work for us Transfer Guys.. I'm guessing the voodoo wasn't good enough. :)

I transferred to steam so I wouldn't ever have to worry about keeping my receipt, steam key or email, but I guess that was wishful thinking

I have the transation and the price I paid to Steam as an early adopter, as you could have bought it from steam already at this time. I bought it on April 8th 2013... And show up as "Early adopter". Anyway, no DLC avaible yet... I launched steam again but no success.

I'll contact the support if I don't get anything in the 24 hours as they suggest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.