Fps drop op Xbox One

25 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Dropping frame rates happens to consoles when the part count gets higher.

Dropping frame rates happens to everyone when the part count gets higher.

22 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

Do u have a Partcount that high or do u have framerate issues with low Partcounts?

When i have high part count. 200

So i cant build a space station.

The fps is like 10 its unplayable sometime the screen freez for 30 sec.

Thats not normal right?

The game suposed to handle that?

Its like im playing on my computer.

Is there a fix or something?

1 minute ago, Rick1122 said:

Is there a fix or something?

No, there's No Way i know to fix this. Saw some threats with the same issue. Dont know if Squad can optimize the code or the consoles just cant handle the physics. 

My ps4 pro handles 260 parts in with some framedrop others reported that the game crashed with partcounts at 230. 

49 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

No, there's No Way i know to fix this. Saw some threats with the same issue. Dont know if Squad can optimize the code or the consoles just cant handle the physics. 

My ps4 pro handles 260 parts in with some framedrop others reported that the game crashed with partcounts at 230. 

Wow that sucks. I hope de game developer can fix it otherwise the need to add it in the discription.

On 03/13/2018 at 5:21 PM, Rick1122 said:

Wow that sucks. I hope de game developer can fix it otherwise the need to add it in the discription.

This will never be fixed. It's a matter of CPU speed. XBOX1/PS4 are just not up to the task. The game does not make use of the extra power of the new consoles sadly. If you want high part counts you need a fast PC.

On 15/03/2018 at 12:09 PM, Majorjim! said:

This will never be fixed. It's a matter of CPU speed. XBOX1/PS4 are just not up to the task. The game does not make use of the extra power of the new consoles sadly. If you want high part counts you need a fast PC.

or to optimise the code more - a lot of stuff these days isn't written all that tightly because modern machines can handle it written to be faster and easier to write - its seriously easy to write code that is not linear in the way it eats CPU power as it scales up - plus a bit of thought is needed to optimise for speed (possibly at a cost of using more RAM).

That said its unlikely as the trend seems to be "write for a high end PC, but the time you release a mid range one will run it"

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 1:09 PM, Majorjim! said:

Lots of games are much more resource consumer and are really smooth, the problem come from the engine used by the game not the console.

On 16/03/2018 at 3:15 PM, Leopard said:

or to optimise the code more - a lot of stuff these days isn't written all that tightly because modern machines can handle it written to be faster and easier to write - its seriously easy to write code that is not linear in the way it eats CPU power as it scales up - plus a bit of thought is needed to optimise for speed (possibly at a cost of using more RAM).

That said its unlikely as the trend seems to be "write for a high end PC, but the time you release a mid range one will run it"

Yes optimise code is probably the best way to improve framerate without changing the game engine.

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I was using the Mallard today and at any level of thrust the frame rate was smooth, but as soon as I cut throttle, it went down to like 15fps.

This happen for almost all engines when you use infinite fuel.

If you want to go with infinite fuel, cut off your engine instead of throttle, you shouldn't experiencing any framerate loss.

14 hours ago, Alysraza said:

This happen for almost all engines when you use infinite fuel.

If you want to go with infinite fuel, cut off your engine instead of throttle, you shouldn't experiencing any framerate loss.

Ok. I also just put the thrust limit at 0.25 and ran it on the lowest amount of throttle.

On 04/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, Alysraza said:

Lots of games are much more resource consumer and are really smooth, the problem come from the engine used by the game not the console.

Yes optimise code is probably the best way to improve framerate without changing the game engine.

If you where on PC I would say use a welding mod. There Really isn't any way around this. The game is optomised quite well. Its the physics interactions and the need for a fast CPU that kills perfomance on the last geb consoles. Even on a fast PC CPU you are only really able to run 600/700 parts with a smooth frame rate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.