[ANSWERED] Fuel Transfer Doesn't Work Anymore?

Have a lander and a tanker mated up over the Mun.  Built it because I had a dock-over-the-Mun contract and so figured I'd launch this landing mission, with full science package, in two parts, possibly leave the reusable lander in orbit for later.

Both launches work fine,  I get 'em docked up and they're fine... except that while I can alt-right-click the two tanks, there's no options to send fuel between them.

Oops.  I forgot to get R&D Level 2.

Okay, annoying, but no problem. I grab some contracts and scrape together the cash, I was only 100k short anyway, and bam, R&D Lvl 2 now complete.  Then Patch 1.4 hits. #Welp, good by mods.

Anyway I finally got the time to fly the Munar landing mission... except I STILL can't transfer fuel.

yXtna43.jpg

Why can't I move fuel from the tanker (on right) to the lander (on left) - the tanks are separated by: Stack decoupler, heat shield, passenger compartment, command pod, 2xClampotron Jr. & a small-to-tiny adapter.

EDIT: Apparently it's the heatshield. Never had that stop me before, but 2-for-2 folks say it can't be done so I'll rebuild another tanker, I guess.

Edited by qoonpooka
Answered

You might double-check the settings page. There is an option called "Fuel Transfer Obeys Crossfeed Rules."

If that's enabled then it means fuel won't flow across parts that don't permit fuel crossfeed such as a heat shield or through docking ports with fuel flow deactivated.

Edited by HvP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.