17 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

I have an ulterior motive for suggesting that course of action in that order.

Indeed. But it's still using the wrong tool for the job, for the sake of flattening the learning curve slightly. C isn't that much more difficult to learn than python.
As you say, KSP is not the real world. "Practicing" in KSP is likely to teach bad habits, maybe even worse than using python for hardware-constrained realtime code, or lugging a complete operating system around on a model rocket.

I was going to launch into an anecdote about why I stopped trying to learn BASIC before it was too late, but you get my drift.

Edited by steve_v

52 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Maybe an RC rocket could be used as a platform ....

Cancel this, i don't know if such a thing even exists.

Does a rocket-based model of the Me-163 Komet count?

Me-163-7505_b_1.JPG

https://www.modelrockets.co.uk/shop/rocket-gliders/new-deluxe-me-163-komet-scale-rc-glider-p-3448.html?osCsid=g8762f8ce114dapro9vl0drm93

A rocket-assisted glider is a bit different from a vertical launch rocket though - slower, longer flight time, lower altitude, wings, etc. etc.
One could probably use the servos and battery, but I doubt your reactions would be fast enough to fly a rocket with a radio remote. You'd still have to build the onboard guidance.

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

Eh? Isn't a Pi a bit overkill for a model rocket? I'd use the smallest, cheapest micro that will run guidance fast enough and has sufficient I/O.
Why launch unnecessary hardware just to run a high-level language like python? You're probably going to drop it in a lake anyway. Inefficient.

"drag-and-drop" is just a lazy excuse to not learn to code. I don't know of any such interface to a real microcontroller, which is what you want on a rocket. The Arduino IDE is pretty easy to use though.
Arduino micro or mini, some micro servos, an accelerometer, battery & voltage regulator, a bit of C = DIY guided missile. You might even get lucky and find some schematics and code you can adapt on the 'net, I'm sure this has been done before.
The thing holding you up is your insistence that it needs to be "drag and drop" and "no coding". Unless some company makes a toy rocket with a toy programming interface, this is fantasy.

I wasn't insisting on. Drag and drop away Was referring to how simple the code would be in a drag and drop program. Sorry if I gave that location.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.