Updated Terms Notice & Privacy Policy

Azimech

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

"The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use. Prize winners may be required to provide additional information for prize fulfillment."

That doesn't apply to you, obviously, because you never gave it to them. Just the same as the bit about prizes doesn't apply to you because you never won anything and there are no competitions. See? 

1 minute ago, Deddly said:

That doesn't apply to you, obviously, because you never gave it to them. Just the same as the bit about prizes doesn't apply to you because you never won anything and there are no competitions. See? 

Yes but it still gives them access to it.

Even if I don't buy anything

1 minute ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

"The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity."'

Let me explain simply:

If you do A. then Take Two will do B. So if you never do A. then Take Two never does B. If you do C. Take Two collects D. data. If you don't do C. they don't collect D. Get it?

I understand cause and effect.

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

All I'm asking Take-Two to do is say we can take that information IF I submit it to them. I want to play KSP but I don't  want to compromise my money and identity.

This is the meaning of the EULA. Your personal data is safe. 

3 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

So you understand that Take Two isn't taking any of your data or personal info unless you submit it to them willingly right?

Yes, but they have the RIGHT to take it without my knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Deddly said:

This is the meaning of the EULA. Your personal data is safe. 

"The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use. Prize winners may be required to provide additional information for prize fulfillment.

That doesn't say If I submit it to them.

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

Yes, but they have the RIGHT to take it without my knowledge.

If you WILLINGLY give it to them by filling out boxes for stuff through them, how is that against your knowledge?

Yes but it still gives them access to it.

Even if I don't buy anything

Okay, let me take this to the ludicrous limit.

KSP 1.4.Spyware now includes a keylogger and also scans all your files to send back home everything that looks like banking information, Social Security number, etc.

What would they do with it? They couldn't make purchases in your name: that would be identity theft. I suppose they might try to sell information to shady third parties who use it for personalized advertising, but that would risk a pretty big PR disaster for pennies per user... on one of their smaller games. If they can't do anything with it, they now have a bunch of personal information on their servers for no purpose... opening themselves up to liability if the server is ever cracked.

Unless they're using it for aboveboard purposes like handling online transactions, they would open themselves up to more liability by having your data than it would ever be worth to them. Storing user data is a risk, and Take Two would probably prefer to avoid it for anything except actual, legal moneymakers like microtransactions.

Just now, Shushoni said:

If you WILLINGLY give it to them by filling out boxes for stuff through them, how is that against your knowledge?

The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on."

from the privacy policy.

1 minute ago, Starman4308 said:

Okay, let me take this to the ludicrous limit.

KSP 1.4.Spyware now includes a keylogger and also scans all your files to send back home everything that looks like banking information, Social Security number, etc.

What would they do with it? They couldn't make purchases in your name: that would be identity theft. I suppose they might try to sell information to shady third parties who use it for personalized advertising, but that would risk a pretty big PR disaster for pennies per user... on one of their smaller games. If they can't do anything with it, they now have a bunch of personal information on their servers for no purpose... opening themselves up to liability if the server is ever cracked.

Unless they're using it for aboveboard purposes like handling online transactions, they would open themselves up to more liability by having your data than it would ever be worth to them. Storing user data is a risk, and Take Two would probably prefer to avoid it for anything except actual, legal moneymakers like microtransactions.

Ok fine then add a clause to the EULA that says they will only collect it IF I willingly submit it. It doesn't say that.

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on."

from the privacy policy.

I understand that. But how are they going to get this information if you don't fill it out through one of their programs/websites? Digging through the files on your computer for sensitive information is generally frowned upon. By... like.. governments and stuff.

2 minutes ago, Shushoni said:

They have the RIGHT to take it.

Here is the privacy policy.

The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on.

Just now, Shushoni said:

I understand that. But how are they going to get this information if you don't fill it out through one of their programs/websites? Digging through the files on your computer for sensitive information is generally frowned upon. By... like.. governments and stuff.

I don't know my GPS coordinates of the top of my head do you? How do they get it

How would they get my IP address gender date of birth for a purchase.

Ok fine then add a clause to the EULA that says they will only collect it IF I willingly submit it. It doesn't say that.

That may already be implied by the language... which is not English, but rather the foreign language that is Legalese.

They have the RIGHT to take it.

I don't know my GPS coordinates of the top of my head do you? How do they get it

How would they get my IP address gender date of birth for a purchase.

Yes. Because you gave it to them.

Easily. Your GPS coordinates are generally linked to IP address. They get that by you connecting to their servers. It's required information for this thing called the INTERNET to work. Gender and DOB they would not get without you filling that information out.

Just now, Starman4308 said:

That may already be implied by the language... which is not English, but rather the foreign language that is Legalese.

Ok I ge you like using the word "legalese" you don't know a thing about me I understand what it is saying but it also gives the, the right to mine for that data. I'm not saying they will I'm not saying they don't have a reason but it gives the, the right to do it without any consent from me Except for the fact I accepted the EULA

Did I say something wrong with the "legalese" translation?

1 minute ago, Shushoni said:

Yes. Because you gave it to them.

Easily. Your GPS coordinates are generally linked to IP address. They get that by you connecting to their servers. It's required information for this thing called the INTERNET to work. Gender and DOB they would not get without you filling that information out.

Exactly they take that information such as IP address and coordinates without me typing it in right? Which means they (in a way) are scanning my connection and computer. I understand that's how the internet works but what I'm saying is Take Two has the right and the means to take it!

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Exactly they take that information such as IP address and coordinates without me typing it in right? Which means they (in a way) are scanning my connection and computer. I understand that's how the internet works but what I'm saying is Take Two has the right and the means to take it!

That's not how it works. They already have your IP address because you're using it to rage on these forums. It genuinely seems like you don't understand how the internet and IP addresses work. You don't need to type it in. It's all automatic. You simply connecting to the internet means you've given your IP Address out.

This is devolving into a circular argument.

I think everyone here get's that you take issue with the new EULA @Cheif Operations Director but at this point there isn't anything any of us can do for you, and continuing this spiraling argument prolly isn't winning you any friends to be perfectly honest.

At this point you should pursue other avenues like contacting Squad support or Take Two themselves directly and/or speak with a lawyer. No one here on the forums can rectify your issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.