Updated Terms Notice & Privacy Policy

Azimech

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

You won't convince 1/4 of the forum to forgo the shiny thing, and only a small percentage of people who buy the game come here...
Your average gamer goes "Ooh, shiny" and thinks nothing more of it, this is how companies can get things like this EULA to fly to begin with. Nobody reads, or cares about, software licences.
You can try though.

Your average gamer doesn't play KSP eaither, they are smart and further is their are let's say 300 forum users if 75 boycott and Maby another 200 from people who just view the forums that's 275 users and then times 15 is 4,125 dollars lost. Not including other forum members and people talking. 

Their are 215 people online right now and it's 10:10 Est and a major storm is happening their. 

8 hours ago, artwhaley said:

It's time to stop feeding the trolls.  If they were legit worried, they'd have uninstalled or called their lawyers by now.   They're just stirring excrements up.   Ignore them.   I bet they get bored and go back to playing KSP.  You know.   The thing they claim is the worst thing for personal liberty since the Patriot Act.

No more poll 

• 1 month later...

Understood, and I was a little worried about it at first as well... But nothing ended up happening. Emiko station stayed exactly the way it was... They never tried to make me change anything... I can't speak for any of the mod makers, but for me, in the end it really ended up being nothing.

Edited by Just Jim

As much as I think EULA's are draconian and overreaching, they aren't going to change.  They'll probably actually keep getting worse.  This is the way of the world.  Money over people.  All we can do is hope they never use the powers we have granted them.  In the mean time, go pick yourself up a copy of 1984 by Orson Welles.  Pretty good book.

FYI, Squad hasn't and won't say anything about the EULA.

If I remember rightly it's Take Two's standard EULA and Privacy Statement. I don't think there's a whole lot Squad can comment on without getting permission from their publisher - and I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

I'm not going to rehash old comments on this thread but there are parts of the EULA that I think should be a PR disaster when applied to KSP. Whether they actually will be or not depends on how many people care about them - which I suspect is relatively few.

With regard to MH, it would be nice to know if by creating missions that contain copyrighted artwork by default, to be bundled and distributed in your mission .zip by the mission creator is violating copyright.

Sorry TakeTwo / Squad, your draconian new terms are unacceptable.  I am NOT comfortable with you sharing my email address, phone number, photo, mailing address, geolocation, payment information, birthday, hardware configuration, software products played, survey data, purchases and IP address with your licensor, affiliates, vendors, business partners, government authorities or other third parties.

I'm not the only one who thinks so:

Community, I urge you to kick up a storm and not let the evil lawyers get away with this nonsense!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/tieio/recommended/220200/

Imagine you buy a car, signed the contract and paid it,  a day later the salesman says:  "Dude, i altered the contract and from now on you aren't allowed to drive the car on Tuesdays".

Wouldn't be a honest business but more on the criminal side of the spectrum.

1 minute ago, micr0wave said:

Imagine you buy a car, signed the contract and paid it,  a day later the salesman says:  "Dude, i altered the contract and from now on you aren't allowed to drive the car on Tuesdays".

More accurately you can drive it any day but I have the right to place a tracker on your car.

5 minutes ago, micr0wave said:

Imagine you buy a car for $20 and drive it for 5 years for free...

You can't equate software and hardware. The comparisons always fail.

I suppose it comes down to ownership, people pay to play games not to own the rights to the game. If you bought a car outright and owned the car then fitting a tracker wouldn't be allowed, but if you rented a car or got finance to buy the car then you don't actually own the car the finance company does so fitting a tracker could be written into the terms of agreement.

1 minute ago, Dfthu said:

I sick of these threads now, everyone is panicking for no reason. everything will be fine. I feel sad when people leave this fantastic game for the wrong reason.

I'm sad that we let companies get away with this sort of thing, but here we are.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to pretending everything is fine.

41 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It wasn't so much about the good that was traded, more about the trade 'ethics'.

Altering the conditions after the deal is done isn't honest business imho.

Ask Lando Calrissian :)

46 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Imagin you buy a car for $20 years and then drive it for free and then the dealsership comes to your home and says "We changed the contract from now on we can track your car or you can return it to use this very instance... your choice"

8 minutes ago, micr0wave said:

Altering the conditions after the deal is done isn't honest business imho.

But the terms of the deal included them being able to alter the deal. Claiming that the deal you signed is different than what you signed isn't honest either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.