when can i expect making history to release?

abbe026

Dude, it was only 5:30 AM in Mexico when you posted this. It's still only 6:30 AM. Time Zones.
Expect it sometime today. Probably more towards evening for us here in Europe.
And in general, everyone, stop making new threads about the release time...

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Today.

Or Tomorrow if you live in Australia or Asia. Or maybe even Europe. 

That's why I like buying games from Paradox. They are in the same timezone (Central Europe) that I live. 

4 minutes ago, _stilgar_ said:

Or Tomorrow if you live in Australia or Asia. Or maybe even Europe. 

That's why I like buying games from Paradox. They are in the same timezone (Central Europe) that I live. 

Just read my post again tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Funny thing is, TT/Squad/whoever probably actually has a schedule, and could answer the question .. if they wanted to.

They also know how early adopters will receive the DLC for free.  Both of these must be under the NDA.

Edited by klgraham1013

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

They also know how early adopters will receive the DLC for free.  Both of these must be under the NDA.

In the old days, I would have been "screw the free DLC" and bought many, many copies.  Now though, the screw-you stuff is making me wish I could beat them with the free DLC bat.  I'm only gonna be getting one copy of the DLC (assuming they haven't forgotten that it's "today" today), and will be very cautious in the future...and writing my OWN Space Program (and never buying anything else from 'em again) if they ever get frisky and inappropriate.

...wait, why are they even being coy about this?   This isn't one of the classic Squad-style free-updates, it's paid DLC.  do they NOT want my money?  The sooner they release, the sooner they can have my cash.

It'll be out when it's out, folks.  They already announced that it would be March 13 (which is today).  So, the answer is, "today".  Which they announced.  There's no particular reason they need to announce ahead of time exactly what moment it will be-- heck, just announcing the day is a lot more information they've given in the past.

I don't work for Squad so of course I'm not privy to their internal development process, but having worked in producing commercial software for a very long time, I can tell you that all kinds of things always seem to come up right before a major release, and things tend to be very busy and chaotic.

I don't know if they actually could post an exact hour ahead of time, even if they wanted to.  Nor do I see any particular reason why they should want to.

It'll be out when it's out, and the way you will know will presumably be when an announcement is made.

In the meantime, this thread is being closed, because 1. we already have a proliferation of threads about the imminent release of Making History, and 2. the whole point of this thread happens to be against the forum guidelines (rule 2.2.p)-- "Demanding or pressuring for release dates or updates from Take-Two or content creators."

Thank you for your understanding.