The Olympus-Kerbalev Test Project: A Historical Replica (now on Steam Workshop!)

Lupi

Just now, Sim1 said:

Our first attempt: 

(in Italian)

If this is based on the early build I gave you, I rebuilt it since then! I'm tryin' to see if google's caption translate is any good so I can give feedback!
it's getting every third or fourth word. (at best)

That staging was intentional, as Soyuz hot-stages (it fires the upper stage engine before the main stage is finished. It's why there's a heatshield). Also, as you saw, the launch escape tower fires after the fairing separation because it glitches otherwise.
It starts at night because I had the orbital parameters figured out for the exact beginning of time, which unfortunately has Woomerang in shadow. If i were to rebuild the mission again, i would change that, but at this point, I just want to be done with it. 

It was quite entertaining trying to figure out what you were trying to do, lol.

That staging was intentional, as Soyuz hot-stages (it fires the upper stage engine before the main stage is finished. It's why there's a heatshield). Also, as you saw, the launch escape tower fires after the fairing separation because it glitches otherwise.

Yes, other in the comments of the video pointed it out, sorry but I didn't know it :(

• 1 month later...

Oh cool, Mission of the Week! 

Please let me know if it's buggy or broken, i haven't tried it in 1.4.3. I thought i fixed everything, but you never know.

Also, I'm considering doing another mission in this vein. Polar once around spy-satellite launch mission with a space shuttle, where you land at Dessert.
Thoughts?

21 hours ago, Lupi said:

Oh cool, Mission of the Week! 

Please let me know if it's buggy or broken, i haven't tried it in 1.4.3. I thought i fixed everything, but you never know.

Also, I'm considering doing another mission in this vein. Polar once around spy-satellite launch mission with a space shuttle, where you land at Dessert.
Thoughts?

Sounds like a cool idea.

On 5/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, AngryKitty said:

Can't figure out why the mission is having me target this weird orbit with the Apollo equivalent when it's perfectly possible to launch into the same orbit as the Soyuz?

I9hZ3xn.png

It looks like it might be a timing issue on your part? the inclination is the same, the LAN is just off. I'm not sure, didn't see that in any of my testing.

• 1 month later...

For me the initial launch window is wrong, and I have to wait some time for the first launch. As a result the 5h for the second launch don't add up anymore, so I wait some more time and the wrong second target orbit, as reported above.

Don't know if this is related, but I am running KSP on Linux.

Here is a screen shot directly after starting the mission:

V4SSWAG.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.