1.4.1 issues

no revert flight to VAB once mission is underway in missions play

game crashes to a black screen if mission vessel is recovered and revert to last spawn selected breaking all missions

random crashes upon load (new install no mods in folders)

(playing missions)

okay so my biggest gripe which makes this almost unplayable is if you need to go back to the VAB for any reason (forgot something) there is no way to do so and the only option is the do the entire mission again from the very start. if you try to recover it so it brings you back to VAB "this facility is locked" appears over every building.

if you try to use the tracking station while rocket is recovered the game goes whack and goes to year 999 and you are able to do nothingat this point other than close the game.

26 minutes ago, Theysen said:

From what I’ve seen they finally switched the 32bit option as Alternative and the “normal” (64Bit) exe is auto selected 

ah okay that would explain ill boot and check

yep the game boots to 64 bit mode, thanks for the help.

Edited by invision

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, invision said:

(playing missions)

okay so my biggest gripe which makes this almost unplayable is if you need to go back to the VAB for any reason (forgot something) there is no way to do so and the only option is the do the entire mission again from the very start. if you try to recover it so it brings you back to VAB "this facility is locked" appears over every building.

if you try to use the tracking station while rocket is recovered the game goes whack and goes to year 999 and you are able to do nothingat this point other than close the game.

This is my biggest gripe too and I don't see much talk on it so I'm kind of confused.

I want to complete the missions but the way it's designed, you have to start over (which in multi-step missions, this is building craft, flights, etc) every time you want to make a change to a craft or redo a flight. I don't understand the building lock-out and inability to go back into the VAB. Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, LiveHereNow said:

This is my biggest gripe too and I don't see much talk on it so I'm kind of confused.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not talking about it because after the fifth really obvious bug I shut the game down in disgust and haven't loaded it since.

15 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

What do you mean by missions?

Is that contracts?

No the pre made missions in Making History.

Edited by 5thHorseman

On 3/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, invision said:

okay so my biggest gripe which makes this almost unplayable is if you need to go back to the VAB for any reason (forgot something) there is no way to do so and the only option is the do the entire mission again from the very start.

5 hours ago, LiveHereNow said:

Am I missing something?

Yes (something very non-obvious):

30 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not talking about it because after the fifth really obvious bug I shut the game down in disgust and haven't loaded it since.

No the pre made missions in Making History.

Sorry I cant help as I have not got that DLC. I am waiting till the bugs are ironed out.

Is anyone from Squad giving a poop? Or do they just ignore it?

None of the threads pointing out absolutely gamebreaking bugs is ever answered or in some way acknowledged.  If you do not want to provide support and make your game work, then I would suggest you offer refunds for everyone whose game is now unplayable due to gamebreaking bugs, crashes, blackscreens, critical career-mode bugs. If you are not willing to do that, I suggest you start fixing and letting us know when something is about to be fixed, or if you just do not care.

This "technical support" forum is a joke.

Edited by Lillycookie

The boy who cried fire... by claiming every bug is “game breaking,” the term becomes largely ignored. I’m well into a 1.4 career and, well, if the game were truly broken I wouldn’t be where I am.

Surely there are annoying bugs. The mission interface, with its un-intuitive first-mission character (intended that way or not, it needs fixing) clearly needs work.

But Squad cannot be expected to address every new thread posted on known issues (especially if they’ve already responded to them). When making bold claims about money back, consider:

• Has the bug been posted in the bug tracker?
  • Has the bug been mentioned in other threads?
  • Have you checked the response in the bug tracker and the other threads?

Claiming that Squad “does nothing” without checking those first puts someone right in the same category they claim Squad to be in.

Am I disappointed with the amount of bugs in this release? Yes. Is the game broken? No. Do I have a reason, based on history, that Squad will ignore the error reports and leave 1.4 at its current 1.4.1 state, or not patch MH? Absolutely not. I’m sure they are working on fixes, but most of those will take time.

9 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

The boy who cried fire... by claiming every bug is “game breaking,” the term becomes largely ignored. I’m well into a 1.4 career and, well, if the game were truly broken I wouldn’t be where I am.

Surely there are annoying bugs. The mission interface, with its un-intuitive first-mission character (intended that way or not, it needs fixing) clearly needs work.

But Squad cannot be expected to address every new thread posted on known issues (especially if they’ve already responded to them). When making bold claims about money back, consider:

• Has the bug been posted in the bug tracker?
  • Has the bug been mentioned in other threads?
  • Have you checked the response in the bug tracker and the other threads?

Claiming that Squad “does nothing” without checking those first puts someone right in the same category they claim Squad to be in.

Am I disappointed with the amount of bugs in this release? Yes. Is the game broken? No. Do I have a reason, based on history, that Squad will ignore the error reports and leave 1.4 at its current 1.4.1 state, or not patch MH? Absolutely not. I’m sure they are working on fixes, but most of those will take time.

I have only found one issue - the flickering screen in tracking. I have no other issues.

All of that is well and good and very true @Kerbart.   I would not call them out for not paying attention.  However, even a simple act such as clicking "like" on the post shows the poster that is has been acknowledged by the devs. 

Some of my MH bug report posts have been acknowledged in that way, and it does deliver a sense of satisfaction.

Zero replies, but a thanks from @nestor. Thats sufficient for me, and is literally one mouseclick.  If the devs would do that more often, I think it would be great.

Here we have @bewing chiming in with a "whoops, thanks for pointing that out".   Certainly nice that he typed that for me, but a one-click "like" would deliver the same sentiment.

It might even help the devs know which posts have already been looked into by their co-workers, workflow wise.  Saves them the time of going and hunting for it on the bugtracker to see if the issue is there, if they see that someone else from Squad has already visited the thread.

Would be nice, but I suppose isn't wholly necessary.  It doesn't feel like asking for too much though, one mouseclick?

27 minutes ago, bewing said:

Are you sure you have the names of all the Squad staff members memorized, so that you could recognize every one of them just by a name on a like?

Unfortunately, I am that nerdy, yes.  

We can also get the little profile popup when hovering over their names to see if they are Squad staff.  This is presuming that all staff is on here in their fully emblazoned profile.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.