Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

10 hours ago, klesh said:

I am willing to bet that it is the same mesh and model of the planetary launchpads to be used in missions.

Few months ago there was a dev diary about Mobile LaunchPad. I haven't seen the part in any of the previews, so I guess it it's this pad, spawned as part of the missions. They mentioned autoleveling as a feature and those legs look like they would adjust themselves to the terrain. 

But I thought the mobile launchpad was supposed to be foldable into 3.75m or 5m part... 

1 hour ago, Devnull.13 said:

Anyone know at what time will the game launch? Would be great if it was midnight GMT :D

Also will this be available on steam? I think so but just looking for a confirmation

Based on previous marathon release streams probably about half way through Das Valdez.

Peace.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how does the devs know who got the game before the cutoff? Do i have to go to the main site to validate when i purchased it so i can get the dlc for free? any help on this would be great and thanks in advance! 

And yes, we’re keeping our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. We’ll provide more details on how that will work before launch.

So, it's less than a day before the launch and this information hasn't been shared yet.   Somebody from Squad should speak up on the matter so we can plan accordingly.

6 minutes ago, Caelib said:

So, it's less than a day before the launch and this information hasn't been shared yet.   Somebody from Squad should speak up on the matter so we can plan accordingly.

Yeah, it'd be nice to hear some official details. I do note that somewhere along the way, my Steam purchase history for the game changed from just listing the game name (like most of my titles) to "Kerbal Space Program - Early Adopters." Presumably the patch and additional content with just automagically start downloading for me.

I have no idea what folks who purchased elsewhere will do.

10 minutes ago, Caelib said:

Squad has been practicing quiet time recently.

1 hour ago, LameLefty said:

Yeah, it'd be nice to hear some official details. I do note that somewhere along the way, my Steam purchase history for the game changed from just listing the game name (like most of my titles) to "Kerbal Space Program - Early Adopters." Presumably the patch and additional content with just automagically start downloading for me.

I have no idea what folks who purchased elsewhere will do.

I purchased on Steam in March 2013 and mine still reads the same.  Weird.

I think you need to have packageID of 25643 in Steam to be considered early adopter. You can check this with opening Steam console (steam://nav/console) and typing licenses_for_app 220200 to the consolew window and it should say "License packageID XXXXXX".

So, if you have it say 25643, you should be getting it automatically.

If you have different number, you might need to send Squad email after the update releases and explain the situation.

For example I tried to transfer my purchase to Steam while they released 0.24 and Squad's servers were getting hamnmered with downloads. Automatic transfer process failed and I had to send email to support and they fixed it. Too bad the key they generated gave me packageID of 244717. Most likely support guy didn't check out the purchase date and just generated standard key.

Edited by Junafani

It’s getting a little annoying how its been a full year sincerely they announced it and ge only information we have about early adopters and the release is from the over a year ago. And it’s the day of release and still no word

Hello there, Early KSP-Players,

If you purchased KSP through April 2013, you are entitled to receive the expansion for free. Read the information below:

1)    Players who purchased a direct download from the web store: It will show up in your account automatically.

2)     For users who transferred their purchase to a Steam Key: It will show up in their steam library automatically.

So...why exactly couldn't Squad says this before now? 

Downloaded and it says installed on steam, but nothing new is showing up in the game.

Just now, klgraham1013 said:

So...why exactly couldn't Squad says this before now? 

Because they already had: I read it in at least two places already and I'm not even elligable.

Ev4eEhLUiplvXn5pKfYovink7ZS8N5TaYpTlt8zd

Hello everyone!

After more than a year in the works we are incredibly excited and proud to release Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion. We included a wealth of new and exciting content to the game with Making History, including a robust Mission Builder that lets players create and share their own scenarios, and a History Pack containing missions inspired by historical moments in space exploration.

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaRTIt1rr2wit_540.png

The Mission Builder is a new feature that puts the process of creating and editing missions in your hands with endless possibilities. You’ll be able to customize your own missions to include launches, landings, rescues, malfunctions, explosions, repairs, and much more. You can set unique victory conditions, add exciting challenges, and place unexpected obstacles to keep other players on their toes as they play through these complex missions. Challenge others to complete your missions by sharing them with the Kerbal Space Program community!ePgU2fczStpRrh3h7QOstIXNSy5OaJOVOsgvm7D-

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaHfV01rr2wit_540.png

The History Pack includes a variety of pre-made missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration. Now you can spacewalk, pull off a crash landing, and attempt to recreate some of the most memorable moments inspired by historic events. All with our unique Kerbal twist, of course.

li-PQiyinu8xMD5tcK-GvHVxzWZruzsRhvRz2ug2

The expansion also includes a more than 70 new parts and astronaut suits inspired by the Space Race that you can use throughout Kerbal Space Program!

RpHBRgId94fWR8CY6pwDq2ZVM0pyewmk3s1hXEEj

Yh2ZbbZ7UdeKS-EfPHu-gqvAnnpXSjf76xnOBuR9

Additionally, we’ve kept our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. To redeem the game click here and follow the instructions.

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion is now available on Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers.

As with every release this thread will be used to bundle all general discussion about the new version so that the forums can continue to actively host threads on other topics as well. CLICK HERE for the official release announcement for Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion.

Happy launchings!