Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

Makes me sad that I won't get free DLC because I was a little late to buy the game (mostly because, at the time, lack of support for international purchases in my country, I.E.: Buying a game via Steam). Well, I guess I will have to save a bit my gaming money to buy it. Definitely still hyped for it.

Just now, Warzouz said:

Available on Steam, OK. But when it's available on the Store ?

I don't have the Steam version, but the Squad one.

It's available on the store, but the store is down- I managed to purchase it, but then it crashed before I could download it :mad:

It's been 32 minutes.

Just now, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

It's available on the store, but the store is down- I managed to purchase it, but then it crashed before I could download it :mad:

It's been 32 minutes.

OK, thx.

The whole site is down...

tumblr_inline_p5ji11HYC91rr2wit_540.png

Kerbal Space Program makes history today with the launch of its first expansion! Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion adds a wealth of new and exciting content to the game, including a robust Mission Builder that lets players create and share their own scenarios, and a History Pack containing missions inspired by historical moments in space exploration.

tumblr_inline_p5ji8wiJ8Q1rr2wit_540.png

The Mission Builder is a new feature that puts the process of creating and editing missions in your hands with endless possibilities. You’ll be able to customize your own missions to include launches, landings, rescues, malfunctions, explosions, repairs, and much more. You can set unique victory conditions, add exciting challenges, and place unexpected obstacles to keep other players on their toes as they play through these complex missions. Challenge others to complete your missions by sharing them with the Kerbal Space Program community!

tumblr_inline_p5jicy63rj1rr2wit_540.png
tumblr_inline_p5ji1aimWD1rr2wit_540.png

The History Pack includes a variety of pre-made missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration. Now you can spacewalk, pull off a crash landing, and attempt to recreate some of the most memorable moments inspired by historic events. All with our unique Kerbal twist, of course.

tumblr_inline_p5jiazAdwh1rr2wit_540.png

The expansion also includes a more than 70 new parts and astronaut suits inspired by the Space Race that you can use throughout Kerbal Space Program!

tumblr_inline_p5jiaxYydI1rr2wit_540.png
tumblr_inline_p5jib2igQz1rr2wit_540.png

Additionally, we’ve kept our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. To redeem the game click here and follow the instructions.

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion is now available on Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers.

Happy launchings!

Dado que este fue un punto de confusión, y que creemos que no importa qué, una promesa es una promesa, estamos incluyendo Expansiones en lo que puede esperar obtener gratis si ya ha comprado el juego. Además, para aquellos que estén considerando comprar el juego, mantendremos esta promesa para todas las compras realizadas hasta el final de este mes (abril de 2013).
http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp ¿

dónde está mi dlc gratis, por favor
?

Since this was a point of confusion, and we believe that no matter what, a promise is a promise, we are including expansions in what you can expect to get for free if you have already purchased the game. Also, for those who are considering buying the game, we will keep this promise for all purchases made until the end of this month (April 2013). 
http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp 

where is my free dlc, please
 ?

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English outside the Internation subs.

11 minutes ago, Velken said:

Makes me sad that I won't get free DLC because I was a little late to buy the game (mostly because, at the time, lack of support for international purchases in my country, I.E.: Buying a game via Steam). Well, I guess I will have to save a bit my gaming money to buy it. Definitely still hyped for it.

KSP costs $20 and I've played it for thousands of hours. No micro-transactions, no season passes, no upgrade charges.    After 5 years they come out with a paid expansion and everyone is moaning about $15; you don't need to install it, KSP can run fine without it (if it runs at all with 1.4.1.).

6 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Managed to log in and purchase MH. It doesn't look like 1.4.1 is available yet though.

Isn't 1.4.1 required? (or maybe I just need to be more patient :D )

My game is already updated to 1.4.1.

20 minutes ago, ddavis425 said:

According to the Early Adopter thread I should have the DLC on my account automatically but I don't. Guess I'll have to contact support.

Same thing happened to me. Support has been contacted and I hope the issue will be resolved swiftly.

On Linux Mint 18.3 I can't install the DLC because of this error:

My KSP Version is 1.4.0 and build version is 02077 while the DLC will only work with build 2080 - is there a way to work around this problem?

And why isn't the proper build that is compatible with the DLC in the download area anyway?

Okay, 1.4.1 is now available for download. Problem solved.

Edited by lodger

How do I claim the free DLC if I'm eligible but bought the game on Steam? I've only seen people talking about how to get it if you bought the game from the KSP store.

It's been 55 minutes and the DLC isn't showing up in my library yet. I restarted Steam, still nothing.