Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

Just now, CaptainKorhonen said:

How do I claim the free DLC if I'm eligible but bought the game on Steam? I've only seen people talking about how to get it if you bought the game from the KSP store.

It's been 55 minutes and the DLC isn't showing up in my library yet. I restarted Steam, still nothing.

Take a look at this thread: 

You may need to contact support, that's what I am having to do

1 minute ago, ddavis425 said:

Take a look at this thread: 

You may need to contact support, that's what I am having to do

That thread doesn't mention people who bought the game on Steam. Only people who bought it on the KSP store and then transferred it to Steam. However, I did find this:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/220200/announcements/detail/1678026870137797509

There's a link in there that's supposed to redeem the DLC but the URL is broken right now.

I originally bough KSP through the KSP store, and I think I clicked on the wrong button when buying Making History, and got the Steam version. Now that I see that there is no refund option, do I have to buy the expansion again to get the store version?

Ev4eEhLUiplvXn5pKfYovink7ZS8N5TaYpTlt8zd

Hello everyone!

After more than a year in the works we are incredibly excited and proud to release Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion. We included a wealth of new and exciting content to the game with Making History, including a robust Mission Builder that lets players create and share their own scenarios, and a History Pack containing missions inspired by historical moments in space exploration.

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaRTIt1rr2wit_540.png

The Mission Builder is a new feature that puts the process of creating and editing missions in your hands with endless possibilities. You’ll be able to customize your own missions to include launches, landings, rescues, malfunctions, explosions, repairs, and much more. You can set unique victory conditions, add exciting challenges, and place unexpected obstacles to keep other players on their toes as they play through these complex missions. Challenge others to complete your missions by sharing them with the Kerbal Space Program community!ePgU2fczStpRrh3h7QOstIXNSy5OaJOVOsgvm7D-

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaHfV01rr2wit_540.png

The History Pack includes a variety of pre-made missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration. Now you can spacewalk, pull off a crash landing, and attempt to recreate some of the most memorable moments inspired by historic events. All with our unique Kerbal twist, of course.

li-PQiyinu8xMD5tcK-GvHVxzWZruzsRhvRz2ug2

The expansion also includes a more than 70 new parts and astronaut suits inspired by the Space Race that you can use throughout Kerbal Space Program!

RpHBRgId94fWR8CY6pwDq2ZVM0pyewmk3s1hXEEj

Yh2ZbbZ7UdeKS-EfPHu-gqvAnnpXSjf76xnOBuR9

Additionally, we’ve kept our promise that all players who purchased the game through April 2013 will receive the expansion for free. To redeem the game click here and follow the instructions.

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion is now available on Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers.

As with every release this thread will be used to bundle all general discussion about the new version so that the forums can continue to actively host threads on other topics as well. CLICK HERE for the official release announcement for Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion.

Happy launchings!

1 hour ago, turbu said:

Hello !

I bought the game in december 2012, and the DLC does not show up in my account on KSP Store... :/

I really hope you guys will fix the issue. Apparently several early adopters didn't get the DLC.

Similar. Feb 2013 purchase, no links showing for DLC. :(

Is it possible to revert to the VAB when doing the missions? I only see the ability to restart the mission, and then I have to redo the crafts all over again?

Recovering the vessel on the pad just returns me to KSC with all the buildings locked.

Edited by awdAvenger