Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

8 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yeah disappointed. Got the game August 201|2, now they want to renege on their promise of free updates and DLCs. Expected this when they sold their company.

I seriously doubt they're going to backtrack on that promise. It would be a PR disaster, which Take-Two wouldn't want any more than Squad.

Most likely we're just going to be getting it a little bit later than other people because they need to set up the thing that gives the key to all players who bought the original game before the cutoff date.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

I cannot find the new parts in the tech tree. How can you access them? (Playing Career, not missions.)

Correction: all working fine. There is such a thing as too many different installs...

Edited by Lilienthal

So I guess I'm joining the queue of early adopters (from 2012) who got it on the store and am now waiting for support to get back to them......
I don't want to get salty and I honestly don't mind waiting for the DLC, but what I find really annoying is; how on Kerbin can a website be so shoddy! I mean, how badly does it have to be written that you can't just select all users with a create date before X (or users with purchase ID within a given list) and change an attribute on their account, and how chronic is the routing table that sometimes clicking on your account takes you to your account page and other times it roles a dice and randomly redirects you back to the front page (and that lame loading counter, that doesn't actually load anything, don't even get me started on that). I didn't mind it when it was just Squad all on their lonesome, but now with TT and the more corporate feeling that's come with that, I'd expect a website that was a bit more pro.

Edit:

They have quite quickly sorted it out and I'm now downloading the DLC. but my aggravation with the KSP store website still stands!

Edited by katateochi

Just got this answer from the support:

"Kurt (Deportedgames)

Mar 13, 15:15 -05

Hi Markus,

We've been dealing with an intense server load, and it's taking some time to get everyone eligible for the free DLC enabled. Please bear with us as we work on this.

Best regards,
KSP Support"

I hope it is allowed to post this?:/

54 minutes ago, Lilienthal said:

I cannot find the new parts in the tech tree. How can you access them? (Playing Career, not missions.)

You may need to go through tech nodes you've purchased and click on and buy each new part, in the R&D building.

Also to make sure you have them at all, start a new sandbox game.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Yeah disappointed. Got the game August 201|2, now they want to renege on their promise of free updates and DLCs. Expected this when they sold their company.

They aren't going back on anything.  They made it clear in the announcement of Making History it would be free like they promised.  They said it again during the live stream of the launch.  There were also Squad people in the stream chat saying that they are dealing with issues that delayed the roll out of the free DLC to early adopters but they are busy fixing it.  You'll get it if you qualify, they even mentioned that if for some reason you don't, you can contact their support and they'll help.

1 hour ago, awdAvenger said:

Is it possible to revert to the VAB when doing the missions? I only see the ability to restart the mission, and then I have to redo the crafts all over again?

Recovering the vessel on the pad just returns me to KSC with all the buildings locked.

I believe that saved craft will still be there

1 hour ago, Macky03 said:

Same date and no DLC!

Already sent an E-Mail with the requested data to the support-team.

I hope I did not forget anything! :wink:

Thanks. CS says it's just a delay on the server for now... Lol, at least I hope it means it's popular.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. I've been paying since March 2013, I've 2000 hours logged in that time, in 5 years for $20

Just paid for the DLC, instead of emailing support - these guys deserve to get paid. - Devs don't live on air.

All working great - I even had a few mods installed (cannot play without EVE and/or SVE) and they all loaded without problem.

This is a fantastic expansion pack - thanks Squad!!! Love the engine plates especially - so many new designs it opens up! And the service modules, and the fuel-tank adaptors, and the MEM, and the beautiful new engines, and...

argh why do I have to go to work 

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That works on the first flight. For the second flight onwards, you have to repeat the previous flights, from what I can tell, which is a major bummer. Recovering the vessel on the pad then locks you out of the VAB, so you can't really tweak the saved design. Also, if you crash, the interface doesn't even let you revert to launch. I mean, I encountered these issues in the first 15 minutes, so it really feels like this wasn't play tested very much. I'm holding off on a negative review until there's some kind of dev response to this, though. I certainly hope I'm missing something... I'll just save a lot between flights, in the meantime.

Edited by Josil Kerman
Added info

I am glad many of you are enjoying the DLC, but in my opinion it is a gimmick. For example new parts, so many new parts are already available. Recreate missions from the American, Russian space race - why? If I wish to relive historical missions then its off to Orbiter 2016 I go. I already had enough trials and tribulations when I first started playing KSP (Poor old Jeb stuck in orbit for god knows how long before I could rescue him. Val stuck on the Mun because I miscalculated the fuel needed to get back) The mission builder is a good idea, I just don't think its worth the money.

KSP appealed to me because of its exploration type gameplay, quality DLC for KSP would expand on the exploration, eg. some more planets, maybe another solar system, mysterious objects floating around.

Many of the mods available put This DLC to shame, although I do not play with many mods at all. Having played Galileo's Planet pack just a few days ago in my opinion that's what DLC should be, anyway its Galileo who will get my money. 

Edited by silverfox101

91wqJwU.png

The new parts look great! And I was surprised by all of the structural panels. But the Tubes and Thurstplates are awesome, theThurstplateshave decouplers built in! Also the plain white fairings are better than the last white one.

Edited by Dfthu

2 hours ago, awdAvenger said:

Is it possible to revert to the VAB when doing the missions? I only see the ability to restart the mission, and then I have to redo the crafts all over again?

Recovering the vessel on the pad just returns me to KSC with all the buildings locked.

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It seems to name the craft automatically for you which is quite nice.