Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

On 4/30/2018 at 11:17 PM, TheZenGuy said:

Query: What would happen if I got the Making History expansion off of Steam for a KSP bought directly at the store? Would it still work regardless or would I need a steam key of some sort to get it to work?

Just wondering.

There is no DRM on the game at all, so I imagine you would just download the MH installer from steam and apply it to your KSP directory.

(when I use the installer it asks for the KSP install where I want to add MH)

Typically you can't buy a game's dlc from Steam unless you already own the base game on Steam.  Then when you do buy it, you don't download an installer, but Steam downloads and installs the dlc into the game's directory for you.

Edited by AVaughan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the expansion yet, but I'm thinking about it.  I've noticed a few threads about using personal parachutes.  Are these only in the expansion or are they part of an update I missed?

Thanks

2 hours ago, AVaughan said:

They are part of the free 1.4 update.  (Note that your kerbals need a certain amount of experience before they get parachutes).

I found that out earlier today while playing one of my sandbox games.  I also had VNG installed which does make the chute situation a little confusing.

• 3 weeks later...

I persist in asking about being able to take on contracts and manage Funds/Reputation/Science in custom Scenarios.

If I'm correct, we currently can't create a Custom Scenario just to, say, play an all-stock game out of an alternative launch site and still manage the Career aspects of the game.  Or am I mistaken?

16 hours ago, KerbalNoob said:

I refunded the DLC after i found out its not affecting carreer mode.

All i wanted was the DLC giving my Carreer missions some unexpected problems and challenges.

Very disapointed since i only play Carreer mode.

Exactly.  I don't see why they couldn't at least allow Scenarios to be played like Career Mode...

I think if Squad releases too many DLCs, that would be unfair. Everybody here payed 40 bucks and that is fine by me. An extra 15 dollars isn’t too bad but I’m gonna get to the point: KSP is expensive already. A few DLCs are good, but too many of them will start plaguing stuff like craft sharing and people will start getting jealous of each other.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, MisterKerman said:

@GrandProtectorDark

Will I have to start a new career if I download this or is it simply tacked on?

(Rereading how little info I gave hurts inside. My bad! I should have been more specific.

I'm not 100% sure, But I remember reading that for a pre existing save, You have to manually enable extra launchsites in the difficulty menu to use them. 

The Extra parts will work fine in career with no further changes and mission are separate from career mode.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 3:43 PM, Goofygoff said:

i need help i have ksp 1.4.5 w/mhe and the loading is stuck on this mhe part:

SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Spaces/MK2pod/MK2pod_Internal/MK2POD_IVA

Verify gamecache on steam, maybe? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not sure if this has been said already but I'm actually kinda upset that they nerfed the Wolfhound. That 412 vaccuum ISP was very important to my spaceplane design and allowed me to do things that just weren't possible before. The Wolfhounds weren't good enough to get a LF/OX spaceplane or rocket all the way out to another planetary system, but they were perfect for Kerbin SOI rockets and SSTOs. Please un-nerf the wolfhound.

I am debating whether I actually like the Wolfhound change

In terms of constructions, it actually give me a reason to not use WolfHound in a good way. See, when I design stuff, I usually create multiple variants; some for looks, other for performance. Wolfhound is ugly, but for the Space Capsules (and space tugs), I ended up creating variants simply for the sake of function even though it does not fit in looks (eg: An Orion MPCV with Wolfhound -- how is it different from an Apollo-clone except it have less fuel?)

With such focus on TRW (based on KER), it gives good reason to actually check when to use WolfHound and when not to. It actually give Cheetah a real purpose, as the AJ10 Kerbal Analogue is the Cheetah -- 2x AJ10 gives one Centaur, which is what Poodle is now based on.

Now, why do I don't like such nerf? Simple- aside from the fact it's a nerf, it really gives no reason to buy Making History for new people, something the Take Two Overlords would not be happy about.

Edited by Jestersage

14 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Simple- aside from the fact it's a nerf, it really gives no reason to buy Making History for new people, something the Take Two Overlords would not be happy about.

Are you proposing that a single OP engine in the parts pack of Making History was its big selling point? That people were buying it because they heard online it has an engine with very high vacuum isp?