Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

When are they going to let us buy these extensions in Britain?

There are no genuine sellers, only 'steam' and 'GOG' scam sites trying to missell the original game.

This website doesn't accept any purchases from Britain/UK, and the 'support' team take delight in messing with anyone from Britain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 8:15 PM, Vanamonde said:

We know everybody likes to start a new thread with his/her own excited opinion on announcements like this. :D But when each person starts his/her own feedback thread, forum traffic gets hectic and there tends to be a great deal of discussion repeated and scattered among mutliple threads. So for the next few days we will be merging most opinions, discussions, and questions about this subject into this master thread. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

I have a question about getting to the moon.

• 6 months later...

Since this came out I've never seen anyone use the 5m stack parts outside of the initial hype to build Saturn V replicas. Nowadays I'm curious about how people have been exploiting this new size 'in the wild', like not for a replica or its own sake, but because going up to 5m was actually appropriate to mission requirements. So, does anyone have any use cases to expound upon, or pictures thereof to share? Something like that.

10 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

Since this came out I've never seen anyone use the 5m stack parts outside of the initial hype to build Saturn V replicas. Nowadays I'm curious about how people have been exploiting this new size 'in the wild', like not for a replica or its own sake, but because going up to 5m was actually appropriate to mission requirements. So, does anyone have any use cases to expound upon, or pictures thereof to share? Something like that.

Oh look! An opportunity for self advertisement!

https://kerbalx.com/MunsterIII/HMS-Sauron

I have since upgraded it to use full mammoth power as 72 vectors and their nose cones is a lot of parts.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, Rocket Witch said:

So, does anyone have any use cases to expound upon, or pictures thereof to share?

I don't really have pictures, but because my computer is bad, I use 5m pieces a lot to launch anything too big to fit in the cargo bay of a SSTO plane. (I love SSTO planes, they're far superior to rockets in terms of manoeuvrability and fun.)

On 4/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, RoninFrog said:

Oh look! An opportunity for self advertisement!

https://kerbalx.com/MunsterIII/HMS-Sauron

What is a SSTE? As opposed to a SSTOrbit and a SSTAnywhere? Also, nice.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, fulgur said:

I don't really have pictures, but because my computer is bad, I use 5m pieces a lot to launch anything too big to fit in the cargo bay of a SSTO plane. (I love SSTO planes, they're far superior to rockets in terms of manoeuvrability and fun.)

You ever thought of making a 5m SSTO with a fairing nose? Granted, once you deploy the fairing you have a blunt nose, and a fairing deployment is technically a staging event, but it might be an interesting challenge or even easier than expected.

Edited by Rocket Witch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 12:39 PM, Rocket Witch said:

My first Laythe rocket used a 5m first stage and 5 vectors.

I also use 5m parts for some of my other Jool rockets.

If there's one thing I'd like for the DLC to do differently, it's giving the KV pods' built-in decouplers the ability to crossfeed like any other decoupler in the game. Currently they can't, which makes it much harder to use these pods due to not being able to put them lower in the final stage.

I mean, yeah, the massive drag and lack of a reaction wheel are the main problems with these pods, but crossfeed would open up design options for working around those.

Edited by Fraktal

On 9/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, kspacc said:

When are they going to let us buy these extensions in Britain?

There are no genuine sellers, only 'steam' and 'GOG' scam sites trying to missell the original game.

This website doesn't accept any purchases from Britain/UK, and the 'support' team take delight in messing with anyone from Britain.

Any luck yet?

• 3 months later...

I love making history! It ads so many new parts, but the best part is that squad didn't just release it and never touched it again. Its still being developed which shows  that  squad cares :D.

• 3 months later...

This expansion is great! I've been using it for years :D. I just wish there were orange variants for the Saturn V-style parts,  to make 5m STS external tanks ;). A mod called Restock adds this tho

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

• 5 months later...