So I bought KSP on March 29th, 2013.

syfyguy64

I bought it back in April 2012.  (Any donation above $7 would get you the game at the time.)  The download link for Making History isn't showing up in my account on the web store, though, so I've sent them an email.

april 30th 2013 and its not available for me yet have put a support ticket in so we will see

and to clarify this is from the ksp main page FAQ

any purchase made before May 1st 2013 counts, regardless of the payment or distribution method

Edited by BrutalRIP

2012/07/04. Game still hasn't gotten old. :D 

Figure I'll give them a couple days before I inquire about getting the DLC. Things are probably gonna be pretty hectic, trying to get out 1.4.1 and fix any bugs they missed in the DLC.

Edit: didn't take that long. Got DLC by the end of the day :)

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

39 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

I missed it by a year, not concerned. I mean, seriously... it's $15. Who can't afford $15??

My earliest copy was bought in October of that year (and a second one in Nov or Dec, I forget).

There are people who can't afford $15 though.  Not many (most who can't, don't have a computer anyhow, especially not a KSP-ready one), but they do exist.

For the vast majority though, yeah, it shouldn't be a major stumbling block.

Edited by Renegrade

I bought mine in (according to the download page, where I grabbed 1.4 for both of my computers a couple days ago) in late January 2017.  No freebie for me, not that I'm worried about it.  KSP has been the best $14 I ever spent on entertainment, and Making History would have to be pretty horrible not to be worth the $15 price tag.

I'm a disabled single father of 3, so I'm one of those people who this would be an investment for.  Luckily I was a network engineer so I can make my crappy computer go a long way lol, and I bought the game on April 30th 2013 lol, just gotta wait now.

4 October 2011 I bought the game, played the demo a few days before that.

After hearing about it from my gaming guild on IRC back then, I actually had trouble finding the game later, as 'ksp' didn't return anything even remotely related to the game on Google back then :D

Fair to say it's been good value for me...

I bought KSP in August 2013, so I won't be getting Making History for free.  Haven't gotten it yet, but will eventually.  As usual with any new KSP version, I'll want to see support by the major mods before I considering switching to the new version.  I love KSP, but without the major mods, KSP lacks critical necessary features.  When those mods support it, I'll buy Making History.

On that note, with Making History's price providing somewhat of a barrier to players adopting it, how thoroughly do you think Making History will be adopted?

5 hours ago, Jacke said:

As usual with any new KSP version, I'll want to see support by the major mods before I considering switching to the new version.  I love KSP, but without the major mods, KSP lacks critical necessary features.  When those mods support it, I'll buy Making History.

MH isn't a new version - it's add on content.

17 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

MH isn't a new version - it's add on content.

Yes, but it requires 1.4, and I think they mean they're waiting to upgrade from a pre-1.4 version.

No sense in buying MH if you're sticking to 1.3.1 or earlier.

I went ahead and bought the DLC anyway. I also bought the game originally in Early Access in March '13. I do want to support Squad though, and it was only $15. I do wish they had polished the sample missions up some more, lots of confusing language. Also, I'm finding the Mission Builder interface somewhat counter-intuitive. Maybe I need to watch some tutorials or RTFM, though. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to build a "simple" return home from Minmus mission with an unexpected part failure, but I couldn't get the logic to work for undocking the 2 vessels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.