[1.12.x] DMagic's Evolved Mods - Tracking Station Evolved 7.0 [12-17-2021]

DMagic

4 hours ago, NoShotz said:

One thing i noticed yesterday is that when i recovered the one vessel I had from the tracking station, the groups it was in were not removed, instead they were just empty.

aA8k22q.png

I think that's a stock issue. When you do the same in the stock tracking station, the sorting icons at the top keep the original count. Eg. You have 1 ship, and delete it, it still says 1 ship even though there's nothing there. The mod might get its numbers from the same source. That's just my non-technical guess. :P

I can't tell you how much I needed this!!! Thank you!

One recommendation/request:

Can you put all ships flagged as relays into a "CommNet" category?

So it would kind of look like this:

Kerbin
{
	Mun
	{
		CommsNet
		{
			Relay1
			Relay2
			Relay3
		}
		Vessel1
		Vessel2
	}

Minmus
	{
		CommsNet
		{
			Relay1
			Relay2
			Relay3
		}
		Vessel1
		Vessel2
		Vessel3
	}
	Vessel1
	Vessel2
	Vessel3
	Vessel4
}

Iti really frustrates me to have the whole trackingstation cluttered with all those sats.

Just an idea.

Cheers.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:58 PM, HunterForce said:

@DMagic I understand if you don't bother with a 1.3.1 version but if you do decide to I would love you forever. Speaking of loving you forever, do you have a patreon or something?

I second this, only because I feel 1.3.1 was a really solid version of the game.  If worse comes to worse (which it probably won't), I wouldn't mind playing 1.3.1 until I'm old and feeble.

If it's a simple recompile, I would praise your name from now to next Monday.  If not, no harm done...also no praising.

Edited by klgraham1013

I'll circle back to this mod soon when I finish updating the other mods. I hit two very different walls with CapCom and Contracts Window +, CapCom is ready, but for various reasons it's best to release both of those at the same time. Then I think SEP is the only other one left. :confused:

@maculator Adding another layer of sub-groups could be tricky, and it starts to limit the size of the button a little too much. You can always use the regular vessel type filters along the top of the window to hide certain vessels. More customization is planned though, including a user-defined mode where you can create groups and sub-groups.

@symmeclept Yes, it could be that. This mod takes all of its data from the stock vessel list, it just hides it away so that it's not drawn by the UI, but otherwise is still there and performs all of the stock functions, like changing the camera target when you click a button, or loading the vessel when you double-click.

@klgraham1013 I'll need to load 1.3 again to check some aspects of the stock UI. I'll get around to it eventually.

The D-Magic parts will not show up in the tech tree and are not available for use, despite the fact that the mod has been properly installed, updated to the it's most recent iteration that supports the new expansion and version of 1.4.1 of KSP. I've tried multiple un-install and re-installs. Both manually and via the new mod manager that Curse/Twitch runs.

Any advice on fixing this or is it a bug everyone might be having with the last update a few hours ago?

Sounds good.

The thing about turning off relays in the filter is that I then won't see them on the map...

This is why I was hoping for a category that I can colappse to get them out of the list but not out of the map.

I got a problem with your mod @DMagic:

"Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS"

"file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved\BetterTracking.dll"

"file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved\BetterTracking.Unity.dll"

Windows defender flags it as a trojan.

28 minutes ago, maculator said:

I got a problem with your mod @DMagic:

"Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS"

"file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved\BetterTracking.dll"

"file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved\BetterTracking.Unity.dll"

Windows defender flags it as a trojan.

I would expect the problem is with a false positive from Windows Defender, not the mod. 

Both Module Manager and KSP itself have both seen similar false positive problems, SCANsat also had some issues a while back:

I guess it's not all that surprising that random .dll files get reported as false positives. But it is annoying.

One way to check if there is some issue between my upload and people downloading is to compare file sizes.

BeterTracking.dll is 31.5KB (32,256 bytes)

BetterTracking.Unity.dll is 16.5KB (16,896 bytes)

This is the size, not "size on disk". If anything changed it would also be likely to change the file size, though that isn't exactly a bullet proof method of checking.

You can also check the SHA-256 hash. On windows you just open powershell, navigate to the directory the file is stored in and run "Get-FileHash FileName" (you can also just specify the full directory path after "Get-FileHash": https://www.howtogeek.com/67241/htg-explains-what-are-md5-sha-1-hashes-and-how-do-i-check-them/

These are the hashes for the assemblies I packaged for release.

PS C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\KSP\BetterTracking\v1\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved> Get-FileHash BetterTracking.dll

Algorithm       Hash                                                                   Path
---------       ----                                                                   ----
SHA256          2176CF5ED40785E61584B4F9F94936899A290A8DE8359CF2E1EB95FE7D3715E4       C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\KSP...

PS C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\KSP\BetterTracking\v1\GameData\TrackingStationEvolved> Get-FileHash BetterTracking.Unity.dll

Algorithm       Hash                                                                   Path
---------       ----                                                                   ----
SHA256          D2EA4512D7C92B350F5B91E59809B3242E918C4E0F804D0660F81DB1795CA9FF       C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\KSP...

Edited by DMagic

It all seems to be fine, just false flagged. The problem I got with this is sadly that windows only knows two options for detected files:

Don't execute them or allow the "threat" to be executed. Both ModuleManager and this mod are flagged for me and I either don't use them anymore or tell my windows to never ever stop this threat again: "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fCritet.BS&threatid=2147726294

I'm really sorry to bother you with this, but I'm just afraid that telling it to ignore this type of threat will potentially open a door for bad things.

And again, a 1.3.1 request, as above.  No need to reply, just know that there is a strong enough base to make it worthwhile (at least to us :) ).  If it's too much trouble, we understand.  Thank you for all your work!

1.3.1 might not happen. It requires downgrading the Unity project to 5.4, which as far as I can tell is not supported at all and would basically require rebuilding the Unity project. It's not a particularly complicate project, so it might not be too difficult, and the code changes required are minimal, but I won't get to it soon.

Very nice. This mod is a good reason to update to KSP version 1.4.x

Bug: VesselType.Rover is missing from the tracking groups

On 3/13/2018 at 1:11 PM, DMagic said:

The third sort mode [with the icon that looks like a stopwatch] is simply the default display.

Suggestion: sort vessels with active maneuver nodes, by time of their maneuver, before other vessels.  Similar to what @kball did in

Edited by OHara

On 3/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, DMagic said:

1.3.1 might not happen. It requires downgrading the Unity project to 5.4, which as far as I can tell is not supported at all and would basically require rebuilding the Unity project. It's not a particularly complicate project, so it might not be too difficult, and the code changes required are minimal, but I won't get to it soon.

it would be appreciated, but whatever you're willing to do is fine by me.  You've already provided some of my must have mods for 1.3.1.

Thank you so much for this mod! Quick question: is there anyway to sort vessels in the tracking station by name? I can sort them by celestial body just fine, but I'd like to organize my probes alphabetically or numerically and I can't figure out how to do that.

Version 2.0 of Tracking Station Evolved is out; get it on Space Dock

It features drag-and-drop re-ordering of the top-level groups. So you can change the order of the planets or the vessel types, but not the order of the moons displayed within a planet group. Use the drag handle on the right side of each group to move it.

It also has new sorting options for how the vessels in each group are sorted, this can be by launch time (the stock behavior), vessel name, or orbited body / vessel type, depending on which mode is active. All options can be toggle between ascending and descending order. The sorting options aren't available for the stock vessel view list.

There are a few bug fixes as well, including one related to how the little planet icons are drawn that would result in lots of log spam and the icons being drawn above UI elements outside of the scroll view window. And a bug related to how the vessel toggle elements would not appear in the "on" state. And rovers appear in the vessel type list.

I also moved Maneuver Node Evolved into this thread, as it fits in with the theme and naming structure better.

Edited by DMagic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.