[1.12.x] DMagic's Evolved Mods - Tracking Station Evolved 7.0 [12-17-2021]

DMagic

2 hours ago, GJNelson said:

So, will the new v1.7.0 for KSP make the Maneuver Node Evolved mod un-needed?

It doesn't appear that the new controls have a way to pin a maneuver to a specific point on an orbit, e.g., apoapsis/periapsis, ascending/descending node, etc. For that alone I plan on leaving MNE installed.

21 hours ago, BlueLineSwinger said:

It doesn't appear that the new controls have a way to pin a maneuver to a specific point on an orbit, e.g., apoapsis/periapsis, ascending/descending node, etc. For that alone I plan on leaving MNE installed.

Ok, I'll do the same for now too. Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Would the 1.4.4 version be compatible with 1.4.2?

Probably. I'm guessing the version compatibility listed in the title has more to do with when the last versions were released than with any significant changes that were made.

Also, this is almost ready, but I'm in the middle of moving so don't expect anything soon: :D

JGiQWaW.png

https://i.imgur.com/dp5bC8f.mp4

Edited by DMagic

• 3 months later...

Hello, DMagic!
I have installed the Kerbin Sized Real Solar System, and the tracking Station Evolved doesn´t seem to recognize the new celestial bodies. I have tried to reinstall it AFTER the planet pack as well, and same again. Everything else works, of course, except for the planets/moons.

Could you please take a look at it, one of these times? I will report this detail on the planet´s post as well.

Thanks!

url=

Edited by Cataclism

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, Atlas Gaming said:

I can confirm Tracking Station Evolved does not work with 1.8... It appears to work, but you can no longer double click a ship to jump to it.

Hello I was just about to install this mod, can you tell me if that is the only broken feature or if there are more?

Cause if this is the only issue for 1.8, I can live with it for now, assuming the "Fly ship" button at the bottom is working of course.

An option is available to allow for DeltaV changes to be made based on the post-maneuver node orbit orientation

How do I enable this option?

edit: figured it out, gotta click on the bottom two buttons after right clicking the node

How do I get the custom maneuver node menus to come up? Should they automatically appear whenever I click on a maneuver node? I'm on 1.7.3

Edited by subyng

• 3 weeks later...

Maneuver Node Evolved version 5.0 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It has been updated for KSP 1.8 and includes the long-ago-promised maneuver node panel tab allowing for easy maneuver node position editing.

This thing:

JGiQWaW.png

@Gordon Dry I'm not quite sure what the problem you're seeing is. But those tracking station buttons work fine for me. When first entering the tracking station no vessel is selected, so they aren't functional, but after selecting a vessel they always seem to work fine. I'm not sure what stock behavior is.

Edited by DMagic

• 2 months later...

Tracking station evolved is so good that I forgot I had installed it. Started a fresh KSP install  and a new career recently and when I got to where there started to be an inconvenient number of things to track I started wondering why tracking station didn't have the view I recalled. Assuming it must have been stock, I kept looking for how to activate that view. Finally broke down and started googling and found... yeah, there's the view I recalled; Oh, that was a mod? Ok. Installed it. Better now.

Except that all I wish now is that there was something similar for sorting Kerbals in the astronaut complex (and in the VAB or the launch pad). I don't suppose there is something that I haven't found? :-(

I think either an old bug has crept back in, or perhaps the 'fix' that was put in has broken something else. I was just in the tracking station, and when I select the very first item in the list, it doesn't allow selection of any of the recover/terminate/fly buttons, I select anything else and it is fine. I tried selecting other things and going back to the first item in the list...the main list showed it as selected, and the buttons were now active, BUT when I clicked on the terminate button, the item I had selected previously was destroyed, not the item I had selected _now_.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 10:11 PM, DMagic said:

An option is available to allow for DeltaV changes to be made based on the post-maneuver node orbit orientation

Thank you for the mods, and especially this! IMO this feature is a must-have for making inclination changes.

I also like the GUIs, they have a very polished stockalike look and feel.

• 1 month later...

Tracking Station Evolved version 6.0 is out; get it on Space Dock.

This version adds a new button to toggle a vessel's orbit display.

TjfqYZ1.png

Select the button on a vessel's tracking station component to toggle that vessel's orbit on and off. Select the button on a celestial body, or vessel type group to toggle all orbits in that group on and off. You can't turn off the orbit for the currently selected vessel, and selecting a vessel with its orbit turned off will turn it back on.

This also doesn't affect the CommNet connection nodes, so depending on your CommNet display mode you might end up with lots of floating connection node points.

M2s5GO0.png

Let me know if any weird behavior pops up.