[1.12.x] DMagic's Evolved Mods - Tracking Station Evolved 7.0 [12-17-2021]

DMagic

I'm playing in GPP and the only bodies that will show up in the sorting by body are Ciro, Gael and Gael's two moons. Other planets which have craft are Niven and Thalia, but those two planets don't show up in TSE. If I sort by type or just show all craft I can see the crafts around Niven and Thalia, just not in the planetary body view?

Is anyone else using GPP with TSE?

Screenshot showing all craft view, note that craft are around Niven and Thalia

ckoVday.jpg

Planetary body sorting. Note that Thalia and Niven aren't showing up at all

2tHdgDp.jpg

Edited by Tyko

13 hours ago, Tyko said:

I'm playing in GPP and the only bodies that will show up in the sorting by body are Ciro, Gael and Gael's two moons. Other planets which have craft are Niven and Thalia, but those two planets don't show up in TSE. If I sort by type or just show all craft I can see the crafts around Niven and Thalia, just not in the planetary body view?

Is anyone else using GPP with TSE?

Screenshot showing all craft view, note that craft are around Niven and Thalia

<snip>

Planetary body sorting. Note that Thalia and Niven aren't showing up at all

KSP 1.4.5, GPP+GEP in a sandbox game, and I don't seem to have your problem.  I can't offer much advice but I would post a minimal output_log file just to eliminate obvious stuff.

iX7ysLg.jpg

Edited by Brigadier

• 2 weeks later...

After I solved the low-fps-in-Tracking-Station-issue by removing KAC :/
https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/issues/207

I wanted to give TrackingStationEvolved another chance, but it still doesn't like RSS as it seems:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Utils.GetHeaderObject (.CelestialBody body, Boolean moon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Utils.GetHeaderObject (.CelestialBody body, VesselType type, Tracking_Mode mode, Boolean moon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Group.AddHeader (Int32 vessels, Int32 subVessels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Group..ctor (System.String title, Boolean isOpen, Boolean instant, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 vessels, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 subGroups, .CelestialBody body, VesselType type, Tracking_Mode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Controller.SortCelestialBodies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Controller.ListUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterTracking.Tracking_Controller+<WidgetListReset>d__55.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

At least it's not spamming the log...

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9n5xwhmd2d8m1m/2018-10-12_1 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an option in the stock difficulty settings panel for turning off the "force maneuver node open" function, or something like that. If you turn that off it should revert to the normal behavior.

The problem with TSE and RSS seems to related to how Kerbin is renamed Earth. The home planet is always named Kerbin internally, but some planet mods seem to be changing one of the other name values for the planet to something other that Kerbin, while others only change the display name. So TSE gets confused when it is generating the little planet icons for the tracking station list in some cases, but in others it works fine. I'm guessing it comes down to differences in how the Kopernicus configs are setup.

It is easy to fix so I'll have an update out soon.

Edited by DMagic

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

There is an option in the stock difficulty settings panel for turning off the "force maneuver node open" function, or something like that. If you turn that off it should revert to the normal behavior.

Thanks for that.

Is there any way to enable the "Next Orbit" button on the 2nd and subsequent maneuvers?  Trying to find a Duna transfer window at 1 hour per click is somewhat tedious :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tracking Station Evolved version 4.1 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It fixes compatibility with RSS and any other planet pack that changes the home planet name. It also allows for deeper layers of sub-moons to be displayed in the tracking station list.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:56 PM, DStaal said:

Working fine for me.

Not quite for me. I can click my orbit to create a node snapped to AP or PE, etc - that part works fine. But if I click on an existing node and open the menus to either tweak dV values or move the node around finely, none of those buttons work, so I can't do any of that stuff.

Does that stuff work for you or is it just me?

Edited by 1straycat

6 hours ago, 1straycat said:

Not quite for me. I can click my orbit to create a node snapped to AP or PE, etc - that part works fine. But if I click on an existing node and open the menus to either tweak dV values or move the node around finely, none of those buttons work, so I can't do any of that stuff.

Ah, sorry - I only use Tracking Station Evolved, not Maneuver Node Evolved.  So none of those apply to me.

I just want to say that this mod is a life saver! I really like how it enhances the stock maneuver nodes, improves their behavior so they work more like you'd expect them too, and it's still a nice light weight mod using the stock UI. I didn't realize I needed this until I tried it, and omg, I'm actually able to make accurate maneuvers now, and intentionally get real close encounters! Thanks for a great mod!

9 hours ago, 1straycat said:

Well, I'm using 1.6.1 and Maneuver Node Evolved and not seeing that problem, so far.. Everything appears to be working pretty good, buttons all seem functional. (Well, except for dragging a node around on it's orbit, that does get VERY glitchy, tho it's still manageable for now.)

9 hours ago, NikoKun said:

Well, I'm using 1.6.1 and Maneuver Node Evolved and not seeing that problem, so far.. Everything appears to be working pretty good, buttons all seem functional. (Well, except for dragging a node around on it's orbit, that does get VERY glitchy, tho it's still manageable for now.)

Strange. I tried reinstalling but still had the same issues. I'll have to start ruling out other mod conflicts save when I have some time, as I'm currently running  a lot.

Edited by 1straycat

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, nicklit said:

I love your Tracking Station Evolved @DMagic however it doesn't appear to be working on 1.6.1.

Thank you for your hardwork, I love all your mods.

Other people have reported it is working with 1.6.1  You should probably make sure your using the correct version and have any dependencies it needs installed. If you have them, suggest you load up the game, visit the tracking station, verify its not working, exit KSP and attach the log file so others might see if they can see whats the problem your having.

• 1 month later...

Is not being able to add a maneuver node anywhere on the flight path a known issue of Maneuver Node Evolved? I get it from time to time after deleting/canceling a maneuver from the navball. I've worked around it by trying to always go to the map and delete the maneuvers from there, but I still forget sometimes and then have to switch to another vessel and back to get it working again.

Anyway, love both mods, can't play without them. Thanks.

@woodbyte I did notice some weird behavior recently when closing a node and trying to another. For me I could still add nodes, but wasn't able to add nodes to any of the custom orbit positions added by Maneuver Node Evolved. I didn't look into it much, but it could be related to what you are seeing. I'll try to look into what's happening.

@DMagic Never had that specific issue myself. I'm just unable to add any nodes on the flight path until switching vessels, like this: https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyShortPartridgeSSSsss

Oddly enough, I also couldn't switch back to the vessel while in-flight after the bug happened, even though it was within range. Not sure if that's related, though, as I remember being able to do so at least once before and correct the issue more quickly that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to group vessel types together under planets? So for example instead of Kerbin listing every single vessel orbiting it, it'd list all the vessel types that you can expand? I love the body sort mode but with 8 relays around every body it's not very usable.. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.