Possible to freeze the game in first expansion mission.

MechBFP

So I managed to break the very first expansion mission in under 5 minutes.

1) Build a rocket

2) Put 2 of the controllable wings too low so that the rocket tips over on the launch pad.

3) Since "Revert Flight" is grayed out in menu, I pressed "Recover Vessel" instead.

4) This brings me back to the main Space Center view, in which I can no longer access the VAB since it is "locked out", so I select "Restart Mission".

5) Game freezes in the loading screen forever.

6) Once force killing the game process, if you start the game back up and select the first mission again and click "continue" the button does nothing. You have to hit "reset" and then start the whole mission over again.

Can be reproduced by anyone. I have put in a bug ticket already.

Edited by MechBFP

Oddly enough once you get to the SECOND part of this mission, it DOES allow you to revert back to the VAB.

EDIT: I also found that if you revert to vessel spawn, it can sometimes bounce in the air and you will get a FAILED mission and have to start all over again.
I suppose this is also possible when you go to launch from the VAB, but I didn't have it happen to me.

Edited by MechBFP

Resetting the mission also kicks you back to the first stage of the mission. Extremely irritating if you're working on the Jebnik 1. Give us the bloody revert to hangar button back. Whose "brilliant" idea was it to lock it out, anyway? This game is all about building and re-building until something works. Not blindly building with no objectives revealed and hoping you guessed right.

Edited by Jarin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.