[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

awesome parts really but damn near impossible to find since they are all named kerbodyne. i dunno maybe find and replace the manufacturer with benjee's awesome sauce or anything else that isnt a stock name hehe. 

You can search for 'direct' :wink: 'Jupiter' and 'STS' will also bring up the parts for each launcher. Or you could use one of the part filter mods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:03 AM, krone12 said:

@benjee10 What is this "TBC"?

Tacos Beer and Cheese, or To be Continued, I prefer the first one :)

Thanks a lot @benjee10, your work is the backbone of all my main saves!

More SLS than Jupiter but oh well

tD6c8d2.png

L2HC2cg.png

rEcImkw.png

G0WZHFu.png

Cryo patch for the KL-10

@PART[DIRECT_KL10_B]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {

!atmosphereCurve {}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 465
			key = 1 120
		}

@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
		{
			@name = LqdHydrogen
			@ratio = 1.5
		}
		@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
		{
			@ratio = 0.1
		}

}
}

And RealPlume

@PART[DIRECT_KL10_B]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		@name = ModuleEnginesFX
		%powerEffectName = Hydrolox-Upper
	}
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hydrolox-Upper
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.80
        plumePosition = 0,0,1
        fixedScale = 1.15
        energy = 1
        speed = 0.9
    }
}

This is great. Thanks!

For your download zip file you may want to follow the normal convention of including a GameData folder with everything inside that you need to install in the KSP GameData folder.

When I unpacked your zip file it wasn't clear if I was supposed to copy the ReDirect_0.9.1 folder or the ReDirect subfolder. I figured it out by looking at the configs, but it'll make it easier on people to include that GameData folder.

I am currently working on making B9PartSwitch patches to replace ModulePartVariants, and I saw this.

TEXTURE
{
	materialName = jupiter
	mainTextureURL = reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/jupiter_elements_alt
	_BumpMap = reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/jupiter_elements_NRM
}
{
	materialName = shuttle_tank
	mainTextureURL = reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/shuttleTank_main_alt
	_BumpMap = reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/shuttleTank_normals
}

Would I be correct in assuming "jupiter" and "shuttle_tank" are transform names and/or meshes?

12 hours ago, demibear said:

I most combine this with BDB. Damn KSP and its inefficient memory management. >.< Must figure a way to cherry pick parts from the expansion.

If you're hurting for RAM, you can resize some of the textures a bit. If I recall Benjee went up to 4K with some. It's a bummer to reduce the quality but it's better than not being able to play with the parts at all.

8 hours ago, akron said:

If you're hurting for RAM, you can resize some of the textures a bit. If I recall Benjee went up to 4K with some. It's a bummer to reduce the quality but it's better than not being able to play with the parts at all.

Indeed, though how do you resize?

rcyi9s7.png

Dev release of Orion is up on my GitHub!

Also features a Launch Abort System:

2uC3j5h.png

If you're playing on 1.4.x, the LAS has a mesh switch between just the escape tower (1.25m) and the tower with the boost protective cover (which is sized to fit over Orion). You'll need to fiddle around with the offset tool a little to make it fit over depending on what docking port you're using. In 1.3.1 the BPC is permanently on. 

Everything should now load correctly if you're using 1.3.1, however mesh switch is not yet implemented. That will come with the next major release where I'll be rebalancing the tanks to use LH2/Ox. 

Please be aware that this is a dev build and will likely be updated frequently, which may involve node changes and other things that could cause craft files to break, so exercise caution when updating. 

Edited by benjee10

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

rcyi9s7.png

2uC3j5h.png

If you're playing on 1.4.x, the LAS has a mesh switch between just the escape tower (1.25m) and the tower with the boost protective cover (which is sized to fit over Orion). You'll need to fiddle around with the offset tool a little to make it fit over depending on what docking port you're using. In 1.3.1 the BPC is permanently on. 

Everything should now load correctly if you're using 1.3.1, however mesh switch is not yet implemented. That will come with the next major release where I'll be rebalancing the tanks to use LH2/Ox. 

Please be aware that this is a dev build and will likely be updated frequently, which may involve node changes and other things that could cause craft files to break, so exercise caution when updating. 

Awesome :D

But i'm most waiting for ARES rockets :P

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

rcyi9s7.png

2uC3j5h.png

*Has Stroke*

Now this is what I have been waiting for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.