[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

18 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I do have one request that you already addressed. It’s a personal problem and even though I do agree it’s more important for you to develop and make this mod better labeling your parts with you’re own company really would make a HUGE difference in terms of quaility of life. Especially for people ikr myself who use a lot of part mods that have a few similar styles. Fruits for thought. It’s not pressing or important but it sure would make ALOT of people happy.

Seems like a lot of people have this request so I'll try to roll it into the next major release!

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

no umbilical port planned for Orion?

Probably not, no. Makes the parts seem a little too single-use. 

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I am so thankfull that this easily meshes with BDB - to be honest I was terrified that they art styles wold not look right when put together, but they do! Thanks @benjee10!

You can thank PorkJet for coming up with the perfect style for KSP IMO. We are all just trying to emulate him I think!

New update! 

Nothing new added since the last dev release, but a hell of a lot has changed "under the hood" so to speak:

- Rebalanced all tanks & engines to use LqdHydrogen/Ox. 
	- Migrated all mesh/texture switch functions to B9PartSwitch for 1.3.1. compatibility (and for more features in the future). 
	- Rebalanced all parts to be in line with stock. 
	- Tweaked SRB thrust curves. 
	- Updated .CFGs so that all parts now have consistent manufacturers & feature tags and a description. 
	- Bundled B9PartSwitch & Community Resource Pack. 

TL,DR: everything has been rebalanced properly using LqdHydrogenOxidizer, and it'll work on any KSP version 1.3.1+. Recommend that you play at 2.5x scale using sigma dimensions for rockets to behave as they should IRL. 

Update on space dock!

7 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

um...the s4-2 tank appears to be MIA in the new update...

7 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

also, the orion launch abort system does not appear to have its own decouple function built in.

the crew portraits dont appear either.

Will look into the tank being missing. Everything is working fine for me here.

Abort system doesn't have it's own decoupler because you can either have a decoupler or an engine stageable on one part, not both. If I built one in then you would have to activate either the decoupler or engine through right click or action group. I think it's easier  to enable staging on whatever docking port you're using or just put a small decoupler under the LAS. 

Orion doesn't have an IVA so crew portraits won't appear. 

Okay, hot fix is up fixing the inline STS tank issue as well as a couple of other thing. KL10 gimbal is now oriented correctly and added the stock placeholder IVA to Orion until I get a chance to make a proper one. 

18 hours ago, benjee10 said:

New update! 

Nothing new added since the last dev release, but a hell of a lot has changed "under the hood" so to speak:

- Migrated all mesh/texture switch functions to B9PartSwitch for 1.3.1. compatibility (and for more features in the future). 
	- Updated .CFGs so that all parts now have consistent manufacturers & feature tags and a description. 

TL,DR: everything has been rebalanced properly using LqdHydrogenOxidizer, and it'll work on any KSP version 1.3.1+. Recommend that you play at 2.5x scale using sigma dimensions for rockets to behave as they should IRL. 

Cool! Thanks! Are you keeping an option to use LFO? I think it will limit your mod if you're forcing users to adopt an additional fuel type.

Edited by Tyko

18 hours ago, benjee10 said:

New update! 

Now is time to making Ares rockets(and maybe Altair) ,and Orion IVA. :)

8 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Abort system doesn't have it's own decoupler because you can either have a decoupler or an engine stageable on one part, not both. If I built one in then you would have to activate either the decoupler or engine through right click or action group. I think it's easier  to enable staging on whatever docking port you're using or just put a small decoupler under the LAS. 

I mounted a decoupler and it pushed the LAS up and created a gap between the capsule and LAS shroud.

I know SSTU has an LAS system that can do both decoupler and motor no problem, the only things that'd need to be set up are the abort command actions, but thats the case more or less with every other LAS I've seen.

11 hours ago, benjee10 said:

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

I mounted a decoupler and it pushed the LAS up and created a gap between the capsule and LAS shroud.

I know SSTU has an LAS system that can do both decoupler and motor no problem, the only things that'd need to be set up are the abort command actions, but thats the case more or less with every other LAS I've seen.

AFAIK, if the part haves both an engine and a decoupler, they fire and decouple when staged. Let me try and get back

Edit:  Yup, it works, just add:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        ejectionForce = 100
        explosiveNodeID = bottom
    }

or the values you want

Edited by Drakenex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.