[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

ReStock isn't released yet and is still buggy. Give @Nertea and team time to finish their work.

Also @Drakenex, Nertea is spending a huge number of hours creating all those parts for free. Let's give him the chance to finish development and show things off before others start releasing images. I'm really excited too, but better to be patient  :)

@Tyko is laying down shade lol.

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

ReStock isn't released yet and is still buggy. Give @Nertea and team time to finish their work.

Also @Drakenex, Nertea is spending a huge number of hours creating all those parts for free. Let's give him the chance to finish development and show things off before others start releasing images. I'm really excited too, but better to be patient  :)

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

So @Drakenex has a dev release? 

Sorry!! I've been out of the loop for some time, saw the thread and thought it was already released!! my bad, move along ..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

This mod looks amazing! I'd very much like to add it to my game, but I wonder why is it not available in CKAN. If I'm going to add it manually, should I be concerned with any known dependencies or conflicts with other mods? Is there support to USI Life Support?

Thanks,

Marconi

23 minutes ago, conao said:

Hi!

This mod looks amazing! I'd very much like to add it to my game, but I wonder why is it not available in CKAN. If I'm going to add it manually, should I be concerned with any known dependencies or conflicts with other mods? Is there support to USI Life Support?

Thanks,

Marconi

Not everey mod is listet in CKAN.
There are some dependencies like B9PartSwitch, CommunityRessourcePack, DeployableEngines and PlumeParty. They are all in the download but look at newer versions and download them separately.
There are no known conflicts. No support for USI Life Support but it shouldn`t be hard to write some configs.

Spoiler

NtSaeG5.jpg

Is this WAD?

The OP says that the mod is recommended for playing 2.5x scale, but the Ares I, with no payload, barely has enough delta V to reach orbit. The Full Stack can kind of pull of off, but only at the expense of most of Orion's fuel, which renders it more-or-less useless. It's not alone either; the STS stack is similarly anemic. I haven't tried SLS or the Jupiter launchers since I downloaded it, so I don't know how they fare by comparison. 

The engines are also very heavy, both compared to stock and also other comparable mods, like BDB and Tantares, which limits their use outside of reDIRECT.

Thanks for your time and for making this mod! This post comes off a bit complainy, but you've done fantastic work ( HabTech2 is amazing and a very worthy successor to Cx Aerospace ) and I've enjoyed following the progress of this mod since you first rebooted it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.