[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

4 hours ago, DriftedCougar said:

Nice! only it has...an JUS!? 

EDIT: ohn wait it only uses the tankage...stil looks a bit wierd

Nope, It's called the EDS, Earth Departure Stage, and is basically the same, but instead of 6 RL-10 is powered by a single J-2X

F4jkwpr.png

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I believe the plans for upgraded boosters in general have been dropped. I am fairly certain that the Pyrios boosters in particular aren't in the running anymore if upgraded boosters are still being studied.

That's probably true, I was thinking optimistacally as nothing has been announced as far as ik.

In an alternate timeline however...

screenshot344.png?width=1123&height=702

Block I upper stage but with Pyrios boosters lmao

Is anyone having an issue with no sound from the Ares I SRB? My launches are silent. All my other rockets make noise.

@benjee10 Are you planning to add the separator rockets from the tail end of the SRBs, and are you planning to do anything like Pak's stuff for the payload bay? I'm thinking of making a tweakscale patch for the satellite shelter to get it to fit in your shuttle's payload bay.

2 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Is anyone having an issue with no sound from the Ares I SRB? My launches are silent. All my other rockets make noise.

@benjee10 Are you planning to add the separator rockets from the tail end of the SRBs, and are you planning to do anything like Pak's stuff for the payload bay? I'm thinking of making a tweakscale patch for the satellite shelter to get it to fit in your shuttle's payload bay.

Hmm, will have to check that out. I tend to dev test with ksp muted and music playing so it’s not something I’ve even thought to check recently.

Definitely going to be adding separation rockets and more payload mounting options for the shuttle down the line. Right now I am just looking to polish what I have now as much as possible but I’ll be exploring various different options for future additions.

14 hours ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

That's probably true, I was thinking optimistacally as nothing has been announced as far as ik.

In an alternate timeline however...

Block I upper stage but with Pyrios boosters lmao

Probably an block 1A. Wich was canceled due to the speed it would have launched at :P

4 hours ago, shuwn said:

Hi, @benjee10

Thank you for sharing such a good mod, but there is no way to load it in version 1.7.2. will be stop at the following screen, attachment is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99rfp55ks7vhqes/AAB3MDjkv4OKRojE3L9Au3lxa?dl=0

wXVWdTV.png

You need smokescreen for plumeparty to work, secondly plume party technicaly isnt part of REDIRECT, but bundeled in its download.

21 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

You need smokescreen for plumeparty to work, secondly plume party technicaly isnt part of REDIRECT, but bundeled in its download.

I dont know what the issue is in that log file but Smokescreen is not required for plume party to work. Plume party just provides a set of particle effects and is typically used to build nicer stock plumes.

A few mods like BDB (dev) and Tundra use RealPlumes/Smokescreen to build expanding plumes using plume party particles but thats not the case in reDirect.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, GoldForest said:

Anyone else having trouble downloading it? I keep getting a corrupt archive for some reason. 

Where are you downloading from? 

Had a slow day at work today, basically babysitting file transfer/archival of quite a few TBs of past projects, and since I didn't have my usual project files with me I made a start on this guy:

rs-68_2.PNG

11 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Where are you downloading from? 

Had a slow day at work today, basically babysitting file transfer/archival of quite a few TBs of past projects, and since I didn't have my usual project files with me I made a start on this guy:

rs-68_2.PNG

RS-68? :O

Modelling finished:

rs-68_3.PNG

Roughing out a rather familiar looking boattail variant:

rs-68_4.PNG

Nozzle is 1.5m, footprint bare is roughly 1.875m not including exhausts. The boattail variant is 3.125m at the top. 

Looks nice, though the cutouts could look smoother around the edges. I know that this is difficult to achieve, but could you try playing around with edge smoothing, at least? This image shows that the indentations are, in fact, much more complex in shape than this:
d4-46.jpg
Do note that they look as if someone pinched the piece with four fingers. Most notable, I think, is the lack of sharp edges. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Modelling finished:

rs-68_3.PNG

Roughing out a rather familiar looking boattail variant:

rs-68_4.PNG

Nozzle is 1.5m, footprint bare is roughly 1.875m not including exhausts. The boattail variant is 3.125m at the top. 

Will you be doing a version of the boat-tail with the skirt that Delta IV has when using solids?

@benjee10 Any luck on figuring out that SRB sound issue? Also, are you planning to include a version of the RS68 that cannot be throttled, if such a thing is possible, to simulate the Delta IV Heavy side boosters? Obviously we can just use fuel lines or manually adjust the thrust output slider, but it would be pretty neat if it were possible and not too much extra work.

I believe I am having some sort of mod conflict. I am unable to select more than one resource in any tank. I can have Liquid Oxygen or Liquid Hydrogen, but not both, making the tanks useless. Anyone else having this issue?

16 minutes ago, rcollier said:

I believe I am having some sort of mod conflict. I am unable to select more than one resource in any tank. I can have Liquid Oxygen or Liquid Hydrogen, but not both, making the tanks useless. Anyone else having this issue?

Which mod are you using for fuel switching?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.