benjee10

[1.7.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Craft files!) | v0.9.9

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

ReStock isn't released yet and is still buggy. Give @Nertea and team time to finish their work.

Also @Drakenex, Nertea is spending a huge number of hours creating all those parts for free. Let's give him the chance to finish development and show things off before others start releasing images. I'm really excited too, but better to be patient  :)

@Tyko is laying down shade lol.

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

ReStock isn't released yet and is still buggy. Give @Nertea and team time to finish their work.

Also @Drakenex, Nertea is spending a huge number of hours creating all those parts for free. Let's give him the chance to finish development and show things off before others start releasing images. I'm really excited too, but better to be patient  :)

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

So @Drakenex has a dev release? 

Sorry!! I've been out of the loop for some time, saw the thread and thought it was already released!! my bad, move along ..

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Are we ever gonna get a IVA for the Orion?

Not a priority but it is planned. IVAs to me are the final bit of polish really and I’d rather get everything else right first.

Just now, benjee10 said:

Not a priority but it is planned. IVAs to me are the final bit of polish really and I’d rather get everything else right first.

I understand. Yeah, best to get the rockets done

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Does Orion have an IVA?

2 posts above yours...

4 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Are there adapter parts for the Orion? If so what do they look like?

Here you go:

On 11/24/2018 at 1:31 PM, Drakenex said:

Forgot to include the cfg who add nodes to the SM for attaching the panels! Sorry

Here

@Drakenex configs needs:

3 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Which SRB do I use for Ares I? The Monsoon, or the Typhoon?

The Ares I planned to use a five-segment SRB, which for reDirect would be the Monsoon five-segment SRB

On 2/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Are there radial decouplers for the SRBs? Because if not that would be a very useful part. :) 

Nope, the new 1.875m BDB decouplers work nicely though.

Hi!

This mod looks amazing! I'd very much like to add it to my game, but I wonder why is it not available in CKAN. If I'm going to add it manually, should I be concerned with any known dependencies or conflicts with other mods? Is there support to USI Life Support?

Thanks,

Marconi

23 minutes ago, conao said:

Hi!

This mod looks amazing! I'd very much like to add it to my game, but I wonder why is it not available in CKAN. If I'm going to add it manually, should I be concerned with any known dependencies or conflicts with other mods? Is there support to USI Life Support?

Thanks,

Marconi

Not everey mod is listet in CKAN.
There are some dependencies like B9PartSwitch, CommunityRessourcePack, DeployableEngines and PlumeParty. They are all in the download but look at newer versions and download them separately.
There are no known conflicts. No support for USI Life Support but it shouldn`t be hard to write some configs.

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Can @benjee10 add a 3.125 to 2.5m adapter?

There already is a 3.125>2.5m adapter, the Ares I SRB adapter.

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

@benjee10Mr Manley uses ReDirect's Orion on his new video about EM-1

and the image on his video thumbnail comes from an SLS screen I've made with SSTU.. ha!

Just a quick note regarding the placeholder SSME. You need to whitelist the Squad model, when you install restock, otherwise the .mu-file will not be loaded by KSP.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:41 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Is there? The SRBs are 2.2m, and there is a 3.125m to 2.2m one.

I apologise, it is a 3.125>2.2m adapter, though I suppose you could add a 2.2>2.5m adapter on top of it at the expense of it looking a little lumpy.

Spoiler

NtSaeG5.jpg

Is this WAD?

The OP says that the mod is recommended for playing 2.5x scale, but the Ares I, with no payload, barely has enough delta V to reach orbit. The Full Stack can kind of pull of off, but only at the expense of most of Orion's fuel, which renders it more-or-less useless. It's not alone either; the STS stack is similarly anemic. I haven't tried SLS or the Jupiter launchers since I downloaded it, so I don't know how they fare by comparison. 

The engines are also very heavy, both compared to stock and also other comparable mods, like BDB and Tantares, which limits their use outside of reDIRECT.

Thanks for your time and for making this mod! This post comes off a bit complainy, but you've done fantastic work ( HabTech2 is amazing and a very worthy successor to Cx Aerospace ) and I've enjoyed following the progress of this mod since you first rebooted it.