[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

I think I'll second the shroud/decoupler for the Orion. I only recently discovered this mod, and it's the best one I've found for making a good Orion. I love it. But a 3.125m shroud/decoupler would be a really nice quality of life piece, all things considered.

But regardless, thank you for your hard work.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:47 PM, CodeFantastic said:

Does anyone know a good temporary solution for a fairing to cover the base of the Orion module?

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is there a fairing/decoupler for Orion, or is that coming with the SLS upper stage?

1 hour ago, nosferatu247 said:

I think I'll second the shroud/decoupler for the Orion. I only recently discovered this mod, and it's the best one I've found for making a good Orion. I love it. But a 3.125m shroud/decoupler would be a really nice quality of life piece, all things considered.

But regardless, thank you for your hard work.

While we wait ...

7P1xDZR.png

SDHI panels and adapter looks and works perfect, well not out of the box, but with some tinkering I got them to work beautifully

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is there a fairing/decoupler for Orion, or is that coming with the SLS upper stage?

You can use Decoupler Shroud...read up a few entries in this thread for the link

On 5/7/2018 at 5:47 PM, The Space Man said:

Anyone else get this error in the console?

Pm1MUU0.jpg

Weird. Will take a look. B9 is still pretty new to me so I have probably majorly messed something up somewhere. 

Ares I dev release is up on my GitHub. As always, usually caveats that nodes etc. may change in the future, so use with care. Will be adding 2nd stage RCS & ullage motors in the future. 

have you thought of asking @YANFRET for the Orion IVA? From what I recall its the Orion IVA from Bobcats old American pack (classic ksp) Its a wonderful IVA. Unless you are working on your own IVA then never mind. 

Also could you make your parts "tweakscaleable" or should I be talking to the tweakscale thread?

Edited by sp1989

4 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Also could you make your parts "tweakscaleable" or should I be talking to the tweakscale thread?

You can do it yourself. Make a config and insert this:

@PART[DIRECT_*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Science]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

I've been using this mod for a few weeks now and love it so far. The only complaint I have is with the fuel anmounts in cryogenic fuel tanks - they're way off, they only hold around 40% of fuel in an equivalent procedural tank. While this may not be a problem in stock system, in 2.5x most stockalike mods are balanced for, that additional performance is necessary.

Edited by notJebKerman

Hey, @benjee10 Really cool mod! But I have some issues.

Firstly, size of the mod. 4k textures - is really cool. But in that sizes they really must be as optimized, as possible. While I make them 2k (coas of low pc scec) I saw some interesting things, You had some same parts in different textures. And on some textures there is some free space for placing other textures. Dont get me wrong, you make awasome work! But optimization is important. At least for those, who played on not so powerfull PC's.

Spoiler

Like in jupiter_elements.dds and jupiter_elements_alt.dds different only tank sides texture. And jupiter_elements_2.dds can be easy placed on jupiter_elements.dds

I know, that there is some problem with mesh switching script. But it can be solwed by combination of models by configs. Like a tank caps. 

If you agree - I can replace part of texture (original, 4k) and change UV of models to reduce amount of work for you. After that I will sent it to you and you will reimport to game

Secondary, is that not a tank? It's looks like a tank :rolleyes: (coas now it's a structural part)

oTGkHTA.jpg

And some wierd glich. Looks like dublicated mesh overlaping:

qJL6XgT.jpg

Edited by macenkodenis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.