[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

Just now, rcollier said:

It looks like B9PartSwitch and InterstellarFuelSwitch. This is the only mod not working correctly. (BDDB works as advertised, for example.)

Ah thats too bad. Could well be a conflict there. There used to be an issue with CryoTanks but I helped write a patch that resolved that so I was wondering if something new cropped up. Unfortunately I dont use IFS so can't help out sorry.

24 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Ah thats too bad. Could well be a conflict there. There used to be an issue with CryoTanks but I helped write a patch that resolved that so I was wondering if something new cropped up. Unfortunately I dont use IFS so can't help out sorry.

I do have Cryotanks installed...

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can find out.

Edit: Removed CryoTanks, works as advertised.

Edited by rcollier
New Info

18 minutes ago, rcollier said:

I do have Cryotanks installed...

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can find out.

So I'm thinking one of two possibilities. The way fuel switcher mods work is that they look at the basic resources defined in the part CFG and use it to calculate an assumed tank volume and then add new switchable resources based on that.

1) IFS might not play nice with parts that have both LH2 and Ox defined in the part CFG. This used to be the case with CryoTanks. If this is the cause it would need to be fixed on the IFS side. I'm just speculating

2) There could be a conflict between cryoTanks and IFS. They both do the same thing. However the CryoTanks patch is designed NOT to run if an IFS module is present on the part. So I think 1 is more likely. However could be the order of Module Manager operations is messing things up.

My suggestion is that if you dont really need IFS as a dependency for something else you should remove IFS and just stick with CryoTanks. 

I dont know what fuel options IFS provides but CryoTanks will give you the following options:

Tanks defined with LFO (stock and most modded tanks etc): LF+Ox, LF, OX, LH2+ox, LH2

Tanks defined with only Lh2 (eg CryoTanks own ZBO gold foil tank parts):  LH2, LH2+ox, Ox 

Tanks defined with both LH2+Ox (eg: reDirect): LH2, LH2+ox, Ox 

Edited by Zorg

7 minutes ago, FellipeC said:

Great mod, just miss an IVA

IVAs are almost universally considered secondary to all other aspects of a part mod. From what I understand they are notoriously difficult and time-consuming to make, and for some modders they are the proverbial "3rd rail" for interest in KSP. Try to make an IVA and lose all interest in KSP. There are far more constructive uses of a modder's time, like bug fixing, new features, etc. An IVA will be done if/when benjee10 has the inclination to do it.

5 hours ago, PriusMann said:

how do i download this properly?! to many folders to open 

With the link in the first post to Spacedock? Too many folders? There are 6 folders. You need all of them because that`s the dependencies.

Edited by Cheesecake

5 hours ago, PriusMann said:

how do i download this properly?! to many folders to open 

Hey, it is not complicated! Just locate the "GameData" folder from within the downloaded .zip-file and merge with the "GameData" folder in your KSP install. Done!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, Friznit said:

Since the beautiful reDirect ICPS can double as a DCSS, this is a small Tweakscale MM patch so you can downsize it to 4m diameter (2.5 in KSP Scale) for use on Delta III and Delta IV Medium.  Obviously requires Tweakscale.

I tried using this patch, but it threw duplication errors. Have you made any modifications to the patch since you posted it?

42 minutes ago, Machinique said:

I tried using this patch, but it threw duplication errors. Have you made any modifications to the patch since you posted it?

I've been using this approach, which Zorg knocked up - it just adds tweakscale to a number of reDirect parts (but not all - easy enough to add more if you want them)

//5m Parts

@PART[DIRECT_5m_separator]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_engineMount]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_jupiter_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_STS_tank_stack]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_JUS_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_JUS_engineMount]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

//3.125m parts

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_ICPS]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_ares1_mainTank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_ares1_interTank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

18 minutes ago, Friznit said:

I've been using this approach, which Zorg knocked up - it just adds tweakscale to a number of reDirect parts (but not all - easy enough to add more if you want them)

//5m Parts

@PART[DIRECT_5m_separator]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_engineMount]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_jupiter_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_JUS_tank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_JUS_engineMount]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 5
    }
}

//3.125m parts

@PART[DIRECT_SLS_ICPS]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_ares1_mainTank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

@PART[DIRECT_ares1_interTank]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.125
    }
}

Thanks! There is a duplicate DIRECT_STS_tank_stack patch that needs to be edited, but the other patches loaded.

@Sammakko78  Start by checking that your mods are upto date and installed correctly.

If that doesn't fix things then we will need more info.   For a start at least your KSP version, and a list of all the mods you have installed (including their versions).  See 

Edited by AVaughan

On 7/31/2019 at 8:11 AM, Sammakko78 said:

It says missing part: Kopernicus Solar Panel. What did i do wrong?

That`s not a part and has nothing to do with reDirect, it`s a module of kopernicus. You can ignore this message, the craft-files will be loaded.

Hi,

I don't understand why they're some "obsolete" dependencies are included in your lastest package (reDIRECT v0.10.0, downloaded from Spacedock, and tagged as KSP 1.7.3).

For example, included CRP is v1.0.0.0 (October 28th 2018 - designed for KSP 1.5.0) instead of lastest v1.1.0.0 (more recent - February 2019 - but for KSP 1.6.x).

Same fact concerning DeployableEngines v1.0.0.0 but recently updated to 1.1.0.0 (very recent - July 29th 2019 - I admit).

Also B9PartSwitch, a very sensible mod, offered as v2.7.1 instead of v2.9.0.

By using lastest versions, in particular for Near Future Technologies (and derivatives like Cryo Engines) - instead of provided - I'm not sure about reDIRECT compatibility (I'm using KSP 1.7.3), btw I hesitate to use it...

Thanks in advance for explanations.

Edited by DomiKamu

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164854.500 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'PlumeParty/Engines/Turbine/shock2' not found!
190831T164857.519 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/shuttleTank_normals' not found!
190831T164857.592 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/jupiter_elements_2_NORMAL' not found!
190831T164857.813 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/5m_Tanks/shuttleTank_normals' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

On 8/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Hello,

These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file.

So others should have the same errors, too.

This errors could be, because the file names got changed and the code/config didn't got changed too.

I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

---

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Edited by N3N

On 8/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, N3N said:

Hey, I'm getting this Errors in my logs: Are they a problem? My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

21 hours ago, N3N said:

Hello, These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file. So others should have the same errors, too. This errors could be, because the file names got changed and the code/config didn't got changed too. I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Are you..... talking to yourself?

Also, you've asked this same question in the Tantares and BDB threads, and each time you've asked if they are a problem, so I assume they aren't.

3 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Are you..... talking to yourself?

Also, you've asked this same question in the Tantares and BDB threads, and each time you've asked if they are a problem, so I assume they aren't.

Hello,

I documented my findings, since when is this wrong on a forum?

And I asked it there because of the logged "errors" of the mods there.

Not always missing textures are harmless.

Sometimes it's just the way the mod is made. Sometimes there is just something missing in the download-files. And sometimes it's an error, like for example wrong renaming of files.

Still this is a forum to talk about KSP and mods for it, so asking about a logged "error" can't be wrong and documenting it for others can't be wrong!

On 8/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Did some tinkering and...... it didn't work ;.;. Could someone out of the kindness of their hearts please make a ModuleManager patch for this or something?

@sslaptnhablhat There is a patch to convert the KS-25 into an LH2/Ox engine in Nertea's CryoEngines download, and simply run Restock as normal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.